What you did today

Rosbjerg

Been sick as **** for a couple of days, list of the things the doctors suspect I might have include a pulmonary embolism or a couple of different cancers. Been in and out of labs for three days now. Everything takes its ****ing time here in the boondocks, including my saints row preorder which has been delayed long enough that I might not be alive to play it. :p

Holy smoke Nep that doesn't sound good at all  :blink:

Please keep us updated

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Don't die, Nep! And don't feel really sick! And cut your nails! And ring your mom!

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Hope things turn out to be non-fatal for you Nep ;)

If it's any consolation, it looks like there's no pysical copies of saints for the pc in the UK either. You have to spend more money to get the steam digital version.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Futzed around this morning for about six hours, while writing three correspondences, and sorting through life. Then went to work and was not out of my drivers seat for more than thirty minutes between 7:15 pm and 4:15 am.

And I just realized the only things I are yesterday was three slim Jims, pop tarts, and Mountain Dew. Hrm

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

in typical adhd fashion I've been unstructured dividing my attention on several interests and failing to pay any of them enough attention.

I need to start making choices.

I think I'll borrow a page from Calax's book and start medicating again.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Been sick as **** for a couple of days, list of the things the doctors suspect I might have include a pulmonary embolism or a couple of different cancers. Been in and out of labs for three days now. Everything takes its ****ing time here in the boondocks, including my saints row preorder which has been delayed long enough that I might not be alive to play it. :p

Holy crap, sounds like you could use some of the good old luck. So....good luck to you! :mellow:

• Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

It always turns into such a bloody long slog to get everything set up right again. Still, better to do it now and get the foundations good rather then caught out over the next few months and letting it turn into total disorder.

Oy vey. Although I am really not looking forward to organising my iTunes library again. That's going to take bleeding hours. I think I'll put that off awhile longer and get the important stuff figured out first.

Of course, while all this is going on we've got my sister actually in the process of moving out. So not just helping her paint the walls of the new place or suchlike, but the actual packing up and shifting boxes out for the actual move... With dogs and cat running up and down stairs and winding around feet.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Get well Nep!

Also I can't believe there was a debate about whether KainParker should go for women in their 20s or their 30s and not one of you suggested "both at the same time".

I'm ashamed at the depths you lot haven't sunken to.

;)

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Get well Nep!

Also I can't believe there was a debate about whether KainParker should go for women in their 20s or their 30s and not one of you suggested "both at the same time".

I'm ashamed at the depths you lot haven't sunken to.

;)

...well, I didna say both at the same time, but I did tell the lad ta sample the whole menu, so...hehehe...;)

...figured ya'd be used ta me level o' dipravity by now, lad...:p

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Pah women, a distraction from coding and gaming!

Fielding a client that's gone on into full on toddler mode - 'I see this number here, what does it mean?' 'Why is that way?' 'Why doesn't it match up with this number I see here?' 'Why is that?'. We have some that at least know what they don't know (or don't f'ing care all that much) but these ones that go rogue and try to figure stuff out on their own for some reason are the annoying ones.

On the bright side, rage is waaaay better than caffeine to wake one up, I guess the increased heart rate helps for a bit.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well done for trying to update us, how did it go anyway with the lady?

:)

Possibly offensive to overly uptight fellows.

****blocked by her sister!

I ended up drinking much more than I should have and spent an hour driving around to various fast food places to satisfy the midnight cravings of several drunk friends and I pissed in a parking lot. All in all it was a disappointing but still fun night. Also, Indie music is generally ****ing terrible.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Well done for trying to update us, how did it go anyway with the lady?

:)

Possibly offensive to overly uptight fellows.

****blocked by her sister!

I ended up drinking much more than I should have and spent an hour driving around to various fast food places to satisfy the midnight cravings of several drunk friends and I pissed in a parking lot. All in all it was a disappointing but still fun night. Also, Indie music is generally ****ing terrible.

...ya drove??... :blink:

I wasn't the one behind the wheel but I was in a car that was moving.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

...good...long as the driver was sober...;)

Well it happens, remember to neutralize the defenses first ;)

Contemplating how I'm gonna tell my friend to get his **** together.. He's been living of of welfare for a year now, he should be looking for a job, but he spends most of his time watching tv and being a lazy ass slob - cause nothing is available in his particular field.. Now he missed a deadline by a month and the money flow stops completely.. He was actually crying - instead of you know "oh well, it was great while it lasted - now time to get a ****ty job like everyone else!!".. ****ing crying over the fact that the system won't bottle nurse him for a whole year more.

Sure, Denmark is a fairly sheltered life, but even then ... that's just sickeningly entitled. I was close to slapping him for being a little ****.

• Like 2

Fortune favors the bald.

Contemplating how I'm gonna tell my friend to get his **** together.. He's been living of of welfare for a year now, he should be looking for a job, but he spends most of his time watching tv and being a lazy ass slob - cause nothing is available in his particular field.. Now he missed a deadline by a month and the money flow stops completely.. He was actually crying - instead of you know "oh well, it was great while it lasted - now time to get a ****ty job like everyone else!!".. ****ing crying over the fact that the system won't bottle nurse him for a whole year more.

Sure, Denmark is a fairly sheltered life, but even then ... that's just sickeningly entitled. I was close to slapping him for being a little ****.

Slapping him and telling him to get a job, seems like the best you can do.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Tell him that the reason he missed the deadline is the same reason he can't find a job?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

...peoples like that p*sses me off ta no end...if'n ya needs help, then great, that be what it's there fer; but these lazy pussbuckets that jus' live offa the system an' provide nuthin' ta society need ta be grabbed 'round the scruff o' the neck an' 'ave the shyte shaken outta 'em... :getlost:

I say go easy on the guy, if he's really your mate. There are plenty of people who are there to knock you on your ass. Friends are the ones who help you back up.

Get him exploring other fields. Don't try and force him into them.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'd say strike a middle ground, tell him to get off his ass in a friendly way.

I'm currently on lunch break and am currently recovering from last night.

Also, get well soon Nep. I hope your Doctors are morons and all you have is indigestion.

I say go easy on the guy, if he's really your mate. There are plenty of people who are there to knock you on your ass. Friends are the ones who help you back up.

Get him exploring other fields. Don't try and force him into them.

...bah...yer bein' too soft, lad...ya can knock his arse down an' help 'im back up at the same time, if that be what he needs, but dunna sugarcoat it...;)

At moments like this, I like to think to myself "What would gfted1 do?"

Which I think is to give the fellow a throat chop.

:biggrin:

Seriously, while I understand where Wals is coming from, sometimes having people always picking you up off your ass just further enables a person to deny responsibility for themselves.  On the other hand if he's not completely lost to the idea of hardwork, Wals suggestion may have merit.  Two questions come to mind - is there really no work in his field, or is that claim masking perhaps that he doesn't want to work in his chosen field but has no clue as to what he should do or even how to extricate himself from expectations that his field was what he would do (in essence a bit of career related existential angst; "If I can't be my Career I am nothing")

Edited by Amentep
  • Like 3

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Amentep speaks great wisdom for a chap who hasn't just drunk a pint of vodka tonic.

The real question Amentep has zeroed in on is whether he was any good at his original field. If he was, then you need to get his mojo working. If not, then you need to get him feeling gingered up and ready to try something new.

Something I've found of immense benefit over the years is not to look down on any man who earns his living honestly. I have got time for anyone, even if they just push a broom. In fact, common sense dictates that anyone who can maintain personal integrity and focus when just pushing a broom has got serious chops.

-Elwood Blues