What you did today

Rosbjerg

...or be he jus' a lazy bugger that doesna wanna work an' uses the excuse o' "well, there's nothing available in my field at the moment, so...<insert pathetic excuse here>"??...there be them, too...;)

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

I dunno, I can definitely understand not being able to find an honest job in the field you have expertise in. It's all too common from what I understand. That said, if he sits on his ass and eats junk food all day, perhaps Ros would be justified in telling him to get off his ass.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

So Gifted1 is Liam Neeson ? This changes everything.

• Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Bloke in my unit, back in the day, was catching flak from old hands. Being a trainee I felt obliged to pipe up. In so many words I said "Either he's an arse, and the unit has a duty to get shift of him, or he's one of us, in which case the unit has a duty to fix him. What we shouldn't do is talk sh** about him, while pretending he's one of us."

It was conceded that I had been paying more attention than normal to our training, and that we should fix him.

He didn't stop being a bit of a nob. But he did stop jeopardising things. One person had a word and told him to stop arsing around. The other told him some things that were good about himself.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Bloke in my unit, back in the day, was catching flak from old hands. Being a trainee I felt obliged to pipe up. In so many words I said "Either he's an arse, and the unit has a duty to get shift of him, or he's one of us, in which case the unit has a duty to fix him. What we shouldn't do is talk sh** about him, while pretending he's one of us."

It was conceded that I had been paying more attention than normal to our training, and that we should fix him.

He didn't stop being a bit of a nob. But he did stop jeopardising things. One person had a word and told him to stop arsing around. The other told him some things that were good about himself.

...shyte like that didna float back in me days in the Service (think we may o' had talks 'bout our ol' service days before, lad...think it was you, anyways...long time ago an' me memory ain't what it once was...mebbe it was wit' howling1...damn memory)...if ya was bringin' the rest o' us down, ya learned quick ta pick yer shyte up...if the lesson didna take, ya learned the hard way...then, ya either picked yer shyte up or ya got yerself outta harm's way (otherwise known as signin' yer Voluntary Release)...know it may not be the "proper" or "nice" way things git done these days, but it worked...;)

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

I say go easy on the guy, if he's really your mate. There are plenty of people who are there to knock you on your ass. Friends are the ones who help you back up.

Get him exploring other fields. Don't try and force him into them.

Well a kick to the ass isn't the same as a knock on it.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

...shyte like that didna float back in me days in the Service (think we may o' had talks 'bout our ol' service days before, lad...think it was you, anyways...long time ago an' me memory ain't what it once was...mebbe it was wit' howling1...damn memory)...if ya was bringin' the rest o' us down, ya learned quick ta pick yer shyte up...if the lesson didna take, ya learned the hard way...then, ya either picked yer shyte up or ya got yerself outta harm's way (otherwise known as signin' yer Voluntary Release)...know it may not be the "proper" or "nice" way things git done these days, but it worked... ;)

I had the good fortune to be in a bloody good unit. Some regarded it as a soft one. But our leaders just pointed to the number of tours in Iraq/Afghan, and the retention rates. Besides, nothing soft about getting shot of someone. I just pointed out that it wasn't right to talk **** about him, and not actually do something.

To paraphrase our RSM, values and standards are not something you maintain in spite of getting the job done. They are what gets the job done.

Back on topic: if you don't rate the guy as your friend, it's only fair to bloody say so, and get rid. If he is your mate, then man up and help him. Don't pretend that just slapping him and telling him to pull his socks up is going to do the job.

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Been sick as **** for a couple of days, list of the things the doctors suspect I might have include a pulmonary embolism or a couple of different cancers. Been in and out of labs for three days now. Everything takes its ****ing time here in the boondocks, including my saints row preorder which has been delayed long enough that I might not be alive to play it. :p

****... feel better, man

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

I just found out that my neighbor believes in the old testament. I always knew that there was something wrong with him but this...wow. I've read the old testament and anyone who believes in that crazy book is a bat**** insane nutjob.....and potentially dangerous. Now I'm glad that I'm a gun owner. 

• Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

No guns in the old testament, man. Tell him that he can eat as many as he likes.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Great, from now on whenever I'm forced to have a conversation with him I'm going to have the realization that according to his beliefs he is allowed to chop my sinner head off, mount it on a pike and have sex with my corpse. And my chopped off head. 

Solution: buy a copy of the old testament and find a justification to kill him before he kills me.  :blink:

Kidding aside, the only solution is to never speak with him again, I'm staying the hell away from religious fanatics. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Back on topic: if you don't rate the guy as your friend, it's only fair to bloody say so, and get rid. If he is your mate, then man up and help him. Don't pretend that just slapping him and telling him to pull his socks up is going to do the job.

Well good points all around actually - and it certainly made me consider my response.. I guess one of the reasons why it made me so mad was that it made me loose respect for him yet again, something I'm not proud or happy about and so that was translated into anger/frustration. He's been behaving in a manner increasingly selfish and entitled towards me and our friends.. I don't know why that is - perhaps fear and feelings of inadequacies or maybe my new lifestyle offends him somehow and that is his way of communicating that... but I do think it's time to have a pretty serious talk with him in general about our future as friends.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Been sick as **** for a couple of days, list of the things the doctors suspect I might have include a pulmonary embolism or a couple of different cancers. Been in and out of labs for three days now. Everything takes its ****ing time here in the boondocks, including my saints row preorder which has been delayed long enough that I might not be alive to play it. :p

Dang Nep, I didn't see this post earlier.  I hope it's something minor, get well soon.

• Like 1

I think I've cleared the basic admin of setting things back in order. Now it's the wait for all the little things to creep up and slap me on the back of the head over the next few months...

My sister paid for the help with her stuff by paying for fish and chips tonight.

Now I'm staring at the evening moving along, a little worn from this, thinking I really should be dancing I'm back on the internet and with a working pc.. but I've just got The Love Shack playing and trying to figure out what to do now....  :shifty:

Hm. it doesn't have any games installed on it yet. I should do something about that.. Geez. I just realised, I've had Alpha Protocol installed continuously on my machine since it came out. This is the first time I've sat down in a couple of years without that icon on my desktop...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Woldan's post got me thinking, will we have to worry more about a zombie or religious fanatic apocalypse? Both will savagely attack and can't be reasoned with.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Woldan's post got me thinking, will we have to worry more about a zombie or religious fanatic apocalypse? Both will savagely attack and can't be reasoned with.

There is absolutely no danger of a zombie apocalypse.  There just aren't enough actual working brains in the world.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Been talking with some former co-workers that were not as lucky as me. Some (most) of them had the same or more competence than me for the positions we work in. They even have the required education for their positions, which I don't. Now that I've been working with the new employees and management, I can't believe how things have changed after only two months. The incompetence is mind-boggling. I even do stuff for my new supervisors. I don't have to do it, but that would come back and bite me in the A later, because not doing it would make the overall work for everyone else a minor nightmare. I'll be telling my employer that working on contract won't cut it after this year. I either get a yes or no on a "real" employment. They even messed up my freaking contract. I mean, how the hell does that happen? More than one person has to have a look at it, and I've assumed that they can get it right like the four other times they wrote it. They actually messed up by a whole week. Oh, and I now have 50 OT hours worked in 10 days. My body is telling me no more, and I should probably listen. Could barely keep awake on my way home.

I'm somewhat afraid of a combination of the two .. that is to say the underlying cause of fanaticism (fear of the unkown imo) mingled with consciously chosen mindlessness. So many of us turn a blind eye to obvious dangers in the future for immediate reward - myself included - and I do fear we won't remedy this potentially dangerous mechanism in time. Of course in the grand scheme of things that might turn out to be a blessing in disguise. Seeing a society, which I am invested in, rushing towards it's own destruction however, is a little disheartening. I'm sure the human race will survive, but I fear some of the better and nobler ideals might not.

Fortune favors the bald.

Dang it, Ma-Nature needs to stop messing around with people on this forum. :verymad: Hope the docs discover their suspicions are wrong and it's "just a sprain." **  ... something less dire sounding, at least.

**Dave Barry reference

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I say go easy on the guy, if he's really your mate. There are plenty of people who are there to knock you on your ass. Friends are the ones who help you back up.

Get him exploring other fields. Don't try and force him into them.

To a degree, I've found what's best for this sort of situation (at least from what I've seen work on me) is figure out a way for him to be not dependant on you but reliant. (So he doesn't need you to survive, but it makes things easier) and then you turn around and start using that to edge him back into the workforce.

So if he's a renter, make him pay a reduced rent while also doing the houshold chores.... that way he HAS to earn SOMETHING to pay his rent, and he has to be off his ass to mow the lawn etc (if you have one)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I think tonight I'm going to play video games and chat with you fellows. Tomorrow will hopefully be a long fun day.

• Like 1

My alarm clock malfunctioned, but fortunately I had a dream about being late for a plane , and this got intense enough to wake me up anyway.

-Elwood Blues

If I'd stop having good ball games after getting a hair cut, I'd stop thinking that getting a hair cut would stop my slumps.

I've been doing that since high school back when I was playing real ball.

Playoffs, and our big fishing derby as well. A great weekend to book off work.

Also, got a phone call from work asking me if I wanted to accept the Utility job I won (running the non-CNC machines as well.) 8 hours shifts, here I come. A good weekend all around.

Edited by babaganoosh13
  • Like 1

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Got the initial batch of blood work today, which is a negative on the pulmonary embolism indicator. Which is kind of nice, since I was 3/3 on the usual symptoms.

So the good news is that I'm probably going to be alive to play saints row iv next week. Probably gonna get fiber optics showed everywhere in the near future, though.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif