What you did today

Rosbjerg

I take it you don't get along well with your parents Hurlie?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Pft, blood means nothing to people these days. Anyway, went into work expecting my project to get under way and nope, still more need to know stuff. I'd post the Heston laughing gif but those are going around in internal emails enough to make me have my fill of it.

It would be nice to send that to a client though. Hm, will recall that for my last day

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Pft, blood means nothing to people these days. Anyway, went into work expecting my project to get under way and nope, still more need to know stuff. I'd post the Heston laughing gif but those are going around in internal emails enough to make me have my fill of it.

It would be nice to send that to a client though. Hm, will recall that for my last day

I will say that I don't believe blood is thicker than water, I don't automatically assume that just because someone is family that's means you have to respect them. Respect and affection is earned and not a given when you become old enough to make your own decisions about how you feel about people

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I take it you don't get along well with your parents Hurlie?

You should read Hurlshots detailed post when he asked for input around how to deal with the situation around his family, everything is explained :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Gonna go out on a limb and say that my boss is awesome. To the point that me and my co-worker (slash girl who hired me) have started using our bosses... exploits as hashtags in text.

This is also the boss that is getting us new computers (The one we use at the airport is almost a decade old if I were to guess, and has 1 gig of ram), raises, cheap soda, and actually figuring out how to market us.

Which reminds me, note to self, tomorrow hit campus and figure out who I have to talk to about getting onto the campus mailing list.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Gonna go out on a limb and say that my boss is awesome. To the point that me and my co-worker (slash girl who hired me) have started using our bosses... exploits as hashtags in text.

This is also the boss that is getting us new computers (The one we use at the airport is almost a decade old if I were to guess, and has 1 gig of ram), raises, cheap soda, and actually figuring out how to market us.

Which reminds me, note to self, tomorrow hit campus and figure out who I have to talk to about getting onto the campus mailing list.

Are you taking one for the team and having sex with your boss?

I get worried when people say " there boss is awesome" :blink:

John Milton 

@Kaine: If what you are looking for is to get so drunk that you have a memorable adventure like in the hangover then you can just run around with your underwear on your head, barf and wake up nude next to a hobo. That's the kind of real adventures you have when you're drunk, why do you think Wals lives on the country with no farm animals?

I'm looking to...get lucky as much as possible, not wake up in piss and vomit next to a cow.

Kids these days... in my days we took drunkenness seriously.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Are you taking one for the team and having sex with your boss?

I get worried when people say " there boss is awesome" :blink:

Nope, she's happily married. It's just that when we all hung out and got drunk we learned a small pile about her exploits (on a horse, on a motorcycle, on a roof, on campus in just about every building, in a van while lesbians banged on the windows......... not that sort of banging however).

Did have an odd night last month where I ended up in bed with my lesbian was-boss-but-demoted-herself. But that's not exactly gonna repeat itself (again, she's a lesbian... unless she's so drunk she's barely able to walk).

• Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Meh. I'm a about as dusty and wound-down as tweed yoghurt, and even I don't pay much attention to sleeping with lesbians. It's not exciting for them. It's not exciting for me.

Except for the time I awoke after a party to discover I was lying between two lesbian nurses with big bazonkulas. This was so clearly some sort of late-delivery from my teenage years that my temperature began climbing.

Then I realised that of course being sandwiched between two well-upholstered bodies meant that no heat was escaping. However, I did decide that the situation was so good on paper I was morally obliged to remain where I was, on the off-chance that I died, and could have the circumstances on my tombstone.

• Like 3

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I will say that I don't believe blood is thicker than water, I don't automatically assume that just because someone is family that's means you have to respect them. Respect and affection is earned and not a given when you become old enough to make your own decisions about how you feel about people

Wow, I am surprised you think that. heh. Respect and affection are two different things - ever hear the saying 'I love them but don't like them', but that is up to a point anyway (I suppose if they're punching you in the face for no reason, that's the end point). So disresepct should be earned (why I care nothing for 90% of my relatives back home). I guess I forgot plaster smileys all over that post for you, oh well.

Should have just pushed one off the bed, or made room some other way and escaped, Walshingham, no point in overheating.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

IT'S ALIVE!!!

Alive I tell you!

On the less enthusiastic note, now I have to install and setup windows and alll the rest of the gubbins...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

about as dusty and wound-down as tweed yoghurt,

Walsh has some of the best little expressions sometimes. This one creates an interesting mental image, since I don't normally associate tweed with...yogurt. :lol:

And this morning I'm sitting in my chair, trying to wake up whilst occasionally surfing the web, listening to music, and contemplating my navel lint.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm plain and simply relieved, after having survived a visit to the dentist's. It all went well. No need for anaesthetic and no blood splattering.

Steve Martin always make me laugh! :D

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I hate posting to this thread because of all these various crazy exploits that get posted.  Bastards the lot of you (you know who you are).

From now on I'm just making **** up about my life and posting it here.

:bat:

• Like 4

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Thought that was everyone was doing already...

I love that version of Little Shop of Horrors! But I hate dentists.

And Amentep - I hear ya. I have cats and flushing toilet stories ...

tumblr_lf9g33Z9pp1qb6knoo1_400.jpg

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I agree with Bruce. Family is as family does. I have mates who I am far more fond of than my randomly assigned direct blood relations.

IMO, the benefits of sticking to your family through thick and thin - often referred to in such discussions - are pretty much identical to those you could get for helping people you met in the street.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I hate posting to this thread because of all these various crazy exploits that get posted.  Bastards the lot of you (you know who you are).

...hehehe...we's jus' too old fer all that foolishness now, 'Tep...jus' say ya was wild in yer former years an' now yer jus' wistfully reminiscent...hehehe...:p

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

I love that version of Little Shop of Horrors! But I hate dentists.

And Amentep - I hear ya. I have cats and flushing toilet stories ...

tumblr_lf9g33Z9pp1qb6knoo1_400.jpg

I used to know all the words - and be able to sing - "Dentist!" from LSoH.  Yeah I watched the movie a few too many times...

I don't have many cat stories unless we go back to my childhood and I tell stories of how my cat jumped over a fence onto the back of a doberman that had wandered up to the gate.  The Doberman didn't know what had happened...

...hehehe...we's jus' too old fer all that foolishness now, 'Tep...jus' say ya was wild in yer former years an' now yer jus' wistfully reminiscent...hehehe... :p

I'd agree to that, but when I wistfully reminisce, I discover I was a bit of a drip as a youth.  Nothing fun happened to me then either. :aiee:

I can't even afford a good mid-life crisis now... :skull:

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I agree with Bruce. Family is as family does. I have mates who I am far more fond of than my randomly assigned direct blood relations.

IMO, the benefits of sticking to your family through thick and thin - often referred to in such discussions - are pretty much identical to those you could get for helping people you met in the street.

Hm, you have a high opinion of strangers. Helping some random person here would end up with you robbed or taken advantage of somehow or even if they dont that, fat chance of any return.

Also, today I found out that guys don't like jokes about being whipped by their wives. But really, telling someone you have to ask her permission to go out drinking just invites that :lol: But wow, coworker got pissy.

Hm, you have a high opinion of strangers. Helping some random person here would end up with you robbed or taken advantage of somehow or even if they dont that, fat chance of any return.

Also, today I found out that guys don't like jokes about being whipped by their wives. But really, telling someone you have to ask her permission to go out drinking just invites that :lol: But wow, coworker got pissy.

Family can also take the ****, tho. maybe they wouldn't just run off with your stuff to buy crack - I'll grant you. But they can wind up costing a lot more.

And stop bullying your colleagues! The poor bastard already has his wife giving him grief.

-Elwood Blues

I'd agree to that, but when I wistfully reminisce, I discover I was a bit of a drip as a youth.  Nothing fun happened to me then either. :aiee:

I can't even afford a good mid-life crisis now... :skull:

...yer too hard on yerself, lad...I's'd bet ya has yer share o' tales o' yer youth that makes ya laugh when ya thinks back...if not, I's enuff fer both o' us, I's'll share...:p

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

I've seen people screwed over by family and by friends and by strangers.

The family and friends one are worse, because the person who is screwing up usually defends their actions with a "but we're family/friends you should forgive me/understand!"

Moral of the story - I wouldn't loan money to anyone with the expectation to ever see it again.

Sargy - maybe my biggest problem is I didn't have a message board with which to chronicle my exploits on. :biggrin:

Family can also take the ****, tho. maybe they wouldn't just run off with your stuff to buy crack - I'll grant you. But they can wind up costing a lot more.

And stop bullying your colleagues! The poor bastard already has his wife giving him grief.

Fair enough. I've relatives I don't trust but my immediate ones I'm sure are there for me. Some of my schoolmates had mafia-like loyalty though. One dated a girl, his mother and her didn't get along so he told the girl to make peace with his mom or GTFO, she didn't so it ended just like that. :lol:

And abuse is part of our workplace. I suspect this is why we have no women and high turnover.