Saints Row 4

Keyrock

Heh, so I threw an email at Koch Media asking about why there's no physical product of the pc version available and just got a reply:

The management has decided not to publish a boxed version in The UK, that's all we know. I have no idea what the reasons behind this decision are.
The game is only available as digital download version in the UK. Other European countries received a boxed version though. If you require a boxed version it would be better to obtain one from a European online store, since there is no guarantee that the US Steam key will work in the UK, if you order a copy from the States.

It's these little things that would be nice to know when the game is being released..
  • Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm on record as hating open world games in general with a passion, yet I tremendously enjoyed SR3.

Oh it destroys something like Just Cause 2 - what a piece of crap that game is, but I guess the main part of it, the humor, doesn't do much of anything for me. My favorite part was looking at my latina created character, with her oily skin and thong tanline.

I have to admit, the finale sequence where you get the "One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall" line, and then the music from The Transformers The Movie starts (and yes, I'm talking the 80's animated one..) just has me cracking into a ridiculously childish smile.

I have to admit, the finale sequence where you get the "One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall" line, and then the music from The Transformers The Movie starts (and yes, I'm talking the 80's animated one..) just has me cracking into a ridiculously childish smile.

What was up with the body count in that movie though? They spent years not hitting anything then all of a sudden it's like Vietnam. 

• Like 1

What was up with the body count in that movie though? They spent years not hitting anything then all of a sudden it's like Vietnam.

The shuttle scene is the best, with Ironhide getting shot at point blank, the close up of Prowl dying.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I've heard the reason was because they wanted to promote new transformer toys so they got rid of the old ones. No idea how true that is though so take it with a grain of salt.

• Like 1
image-163149-full.jpg

Well, got mine today. Enjoying it quite a bit so far, in addition to the hilarious spoofs and shoutouts the game seems to have a rather unique feel I can't quite describe yet... Looking forward to some more tomorrow!

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

There's a lot of fun and humour in it. I just wish there were more "original missions" as it were, rather then so many "perform x, y and z activities" lists  to run through.

There's a lot of fun and humour in it. I just wish there were more "original missions" as it were, rather then so many "perform x, y and z activities" lists  to run through.

Yeah, I've noticed that change. Wonder what motivated it, it's obvious they had to beat both gta and the new gen of consoles to the market, so I guess it could just be time.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

If Superman were to try to fly while in a car, would it result in a flying car, or would Newton's laws foil him and cause him to punch a hole in the roof of the car instead?

50s-70s (Silver age) Superman could push planets around without a problem (and without destroying the planet), so...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I dressed my girl up as Aisha, but without the hat. 

Same here, but I also accessorized with the Gat shades.  I do like the knife launcher.  I mean, it's a big gun that fires knives, what's not to like?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

GAT V pack is free for a day on Steam. It's nothing special: Gat and Aisha outfits and a big gun. But it's free if you click on it today so *shrug*

Seems like a good price.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I dressed my girl up as Aisha, but without the hat. 

Same here, but I also accessorized with the Gat shades.  I do like the knife launcher.  I mean, it's a big gun that fires knives, what's not to like?

I forgot about the gun, but I already beat the game...there's not much to do except try to get Gold and collect stuff. 

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

I'm at 94%, I want to get to 100%.  I really suck at Super Power Fight Club, though, so it will be really hard for me to get Gold on those activities.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm at 94%, I want to get to 100%.  I really suck at Super Power Fight Club, though, so it will be really hard for me to get Gold on those activities.

I just throw people with electricity, then swap to cold blast and normal stomp for the boss.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

The one I had trouble with was Genki Mind Over Matter (hard). For some reason every time I was just about to get Gold.. I'd suddenly find things running in front of me exactly as I tk'd to pick something up. So I'd go to grab a person, and suddenly have several cars drive between and one of those get picked up..  Go to grab a car and a mob of people would suddenly run through in the way.  I'd end up trying to grab the right thing and losing 10-15 seconds because every freaking time I was trying to pick up that last object I needed..  So that when I did manage to snag it and turn to throw.. I'd suddenly find it clocking to the Silver Award.

Yeah I had that happen as well.

But the most trouble I had was the hard power armour mayhem. Just when I'd pass the silver mark the streets would become devoid of things to blow up. No cars would drive by, the police would stop chasing me etc. Similar to how in SR3 the moment I'd start a streaking run it would start to rain and all people would run away.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).