Saints Row 4

Keyrock

That ending....no wonder they were referencing Pride and Prejudice a lot.

Yeah, it's no wonder this is the end of the series, it'd be hard to find a top to go over from here (assuming the end credits aren't a preview of SR5 concepts.) A good game, but I still think 3 was the best overall.

Edited by AGX-17

I can imagine the end credits being a preview of DLC for 4 and then 5 having the Saints running an intergalactic empire (with Kinzie figuring out how to give the boss superpowers in the real world).

But they've already said 4 is the "conclusion," SR isn't Alpha Centauri and the PA you get at the end of the game has all the powers you get in the sim.

LOL at the Metal Gear level.  That had me cracking up.

Did you notice the box says "live snakes  handle with care"?

Yeah.  I also love the comments from the guards.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

And that right there is why I like to stay in offline mode until I hear whether a game patch is ok or not. I so miss separate, downloadable patches.

I miss patches who actually preformed their function (fixing bugs), rather than make stuff worse.

Aaaanyway, still going strong on SR3's DLC, waiting for a sale.

Can't say aliens and superpowers fill me with confidence though.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

LOL at the Metal Gear level.  That had me cracking up.

It's too bad the bulk of the game missions/quests were just "do the existing diversions," the missions like the MGS one and Saints of Rage were absolutely brilliant.

"Argh! Generic movie quote!"

And that right there is why I like to stay in offline mode until I hear whether a game patch is ok or not. I so miss separate, downloadable patches.

I miss patches who actually preformed their function (fixing bugs), rather than make stuff worse.

Aaaanyway, still going strong on SR3's DLC, waiting for a sale.

Can't say aliens and superpowers fill me with confidence though.

It's a good game with some outstanding parts (i.e. the previously mentioned content,) but SR3 was better by a pretty sizable margin. The superpower thing is fun for a while but gets repetitive pretty fast. Kicking someone in the nuts so hard they fly 30 feet up into the air never gets old, though. The tower-climbing parts are the only ones that actually combine use of the superpowers with any form of challenge.

Edited by AGX-17

I personally liked this better than SR3, they're both great games, though.  I thoroughly enjoyed all the telekinesis-based activities, I thought they were a great addition.  Plus, getting some old-school Shaundi put a smile on my face.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I prefered SR3. Superjumping and sprinting is fun, but it takes the incentive out of driving. The wardens are cool mini-boss fights, but they stop you from just fighting from one corner of Steelport to the next. And I can't stand past Shaundi's voice.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I prefered SR3. Superjumping and sprinting is fun, but it takes the incentive out of driving. The wardens are cool mini-boss fights, but they stop you from just fighting from one corner of Steelport to the next. And I can't stand past Shaundi's voice.

For me that's a plus, rather than a minus.  I can still drive if I really want to, but in the past in SR3, SR2, or GTA <insert number or subtitle> there were times when driving to the mission location just got tedious and time consuming.  Now I can get wherever in all of 15 or 20 seconds.  Problem solved.

To each their own, I guess.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

For me that's a plus, rather than a minus.  I can still drive if I really want to, but in the past in SR3, SR2, or GTA <insert number or subtitle> there were times when driving to the mission location just got tedious and time consuming.  Now I can get wherever in all of 15 or 20 seconds.  Problem solved.

For me it's more like "why bother putting in cars in the first place?" The only point to them after getting the super sprint and jump is that you have to drive in those car thef- I mean, virus acquisition diversions. The only real value they have is comedic in the way they fly straight up into the air and disappear when you run past them with fully upgraded super sprint.

Edited by AGX-17

For me it's more like "why bother putting in cars in the first place?" The only point to them after getting the super sprint and jump is that you have to drive in those car thef- I mean, virus acquisition diversions. The only real value they have is comedic in the way they fly straight up into the air and disappear when you run past them with fully upgraded super sprint.

If there weren't cars you wouldn't be able to sing Paula Abdul.

/thread. 

• Like 1

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

If they didn't have cars there would be a contingent of people crying "waaa waaa waaa, there are no cars to drive".  Well, they're there.  Are they obsolete?  Yes, but they're there in case someone wants to drive them.  Besides, they're fun to toss around with telekinesis.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Finally finished SR3 not too long ago. I don't get the hype. Felt like an average game with big production. Story was incredibly weak, but in a way, it was still better than Rockstar's way of trying so hard to be something real and "mature". I don't know, most sandbox, open world type games just aren't that good to me these days. Much prefer something with more specialized tighter game mechanics instead of these jack-of-all-trades type games.

I'm waiting for this to go on sale and/or UE. But I did love SR3, so I might not be able to resist for long.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Finally finished SR3 not too long ago. I don't get the hype. Felt like an average game with big production. Story was incredibly weak, but in a way, it was still better than Rockstar's way of trying so hard to be something real and "mature". I don't know, most sandbox, open world type games just aren't that good to me these days. Much prefer something with more specialized tighter game mechanics instead of these jack-of-all-trades type games.

I'm on record as hating open world games in general with a passion, yet I tremendously enjoyed SR3.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

If Superman were to try to fly while in a car, would it result in a flying car, or would Newton's laws foil him and cause him to punch a hole in the roof of the car instead?

Well, he does fly in standard superhero flying pose with his fists stretched out before him, so he might well punch through it as he stretches out into flying pose.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

If Superman were to try to fly while in a car, would it result in a flying car, or would Newton's laws foil him and cause him to punch a hole in the roof of the car instead?

He'll lift himself but doubt the seatbelt would keep him part of the vehicle, so he'd punch against the roof and through it.

As for SR4, seems enjoyable in the missions, the side quests are tedious crap. Powers are fun to use, is rather enjoyable to time your jumps with the refrains of Song 2 and Unbelievable.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

How would that be a failure of the laws of physics? It's a matter of whether or not the car's roof is capable of bearing the load of the rest of the car. Which is irrelevant because Superman is the violator of the laws of physics, not the car.