Saints Row 4

Keyrock

While I miss my Russian lady boss, having a female president with a thick French accent and saying things like "merde" is great.

Rebecca Sanabria (the original female voice #3 in SR2 and 3,) was the best. It's funny how they've cleansed SR's female player cast of all ethnic minorities. So now it's middle/upper-middle class WASP, WASP doing a fake french accent and Paula Deen. Frenchie is the least bad of the selections, but all of them are bad to me since I can't import my SR2-3 character anymore, since she was a muy caliente chica for two games and suddenly now all hispanics and blacks sound like white people.

Ditto.  I created a new character to use in SR3 with an eye to SR4 so I don't have to break my SR2-3 character's continuity.

That sounds sadder typed out than it did when I thought of the idea when replaying SR3...

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I thought I'd be more impressed. It really does feel like a glorified expansion. Steelport has barely even changed on a layout level, aside from the towers, and lots of missions are the same. Even most of the customization is the same. I went hoping to find a bunch of cool new outfits and just ended up picking the exact same thing I had for SR3.

Even the powers are an expanded version of content from the SR3 DLCs.

Still, I loved SR3. So I'm not begrudging the title.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It's definitely a glorified DLC (really really glorified), but I feel the amount of content is enough to justify the price tag.  The sheer amount of side activities is staggering.  There are a bunch of the same ones as in previous games, but there are some new ones too, some don't show up until a bit later in the game.  Plus, superhuman speed + insurance fraud is a combination made in heaven.  The bottom line is that so far I've gotten 8 hours of the most fun I've had all year (and longer) with a vidya game.  I'll take fun glorified DLC over meh built from the ground up any day.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I wouldn't be surprised if, on some level, it was in part a "slam dunk" to help keep THQ alive.

Think it was, supposed to be Enter the Dominatrix then that got put into a full game once they saw how SR3 went with the public. At least that is what I recall.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm not sure what's up with Enter the Dominatrix. That's the first DLC for SR4. Or is it Rise of the Dominatrix?

Anyway, I would have liked to see more of 50s Steelport sim. That could have been a cool DLC of its own.

• Like 1

I'm not sure what's up with Enter the Dominatrix. That's the first DLC for SR4. Or is it Rise of the Dominatrix?

Anyway, I would have liked to see more of 50s Steelport sim. That could have been a cool DLC of its own.

50s land was amazing.  I love the driving instructions they give you:  Press RT to accelerate slowly to a safe driving speed, Press LT to slow down and come to a full stop at stop signs.  And the super cheery walk and the pancake eating QTE, everything was fantastic.  I have a feeling there is a lot more ridiculous stuff like that in the game.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Oh, well, I remember ETD being a name for an SR3 DLC along with all the garbage DLC they had for it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Oh you remember correctly. Which is why it's complicated. It was an SR3 planned DLC. Now it's an SR4 planned DLC.

I'm excited for this game as well, but after buying SR3 for full price and seeing huge sales nothing a few months out of release, I'll wait to pick this up as I'm sure it's as fun as the previous game.

I'm sure part of that was THQ in its death throes, but yeah, it will be on sale in not too long.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I wouldn't be surprised if, on some level, it was in part a "slam dunk" to help keep THQ alive.

Think it was, supposed to be Enter the Dominatrix then that got put into a full game once they saw how SR3 went with the public. At least that is what I recall.

You recall right:

First News Release:

http://investor.thq.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=96376&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1691304

Second News Release:

http://investor.thq.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=96376&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1706792

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Vice President Keith David....lol

I can't think of a better choice.  :biggrin:

Can you bang him?

I'm pretty sure. The first time I talked to him on the ship.

(Y) Talk to Keith David

(X) Romance Keith David

Still a-waiting for there to be actual you know.. physical games in the stores.

Although I suppose if I want to spend $10 more and forget my pre-order bonus I could just grab the digital version via steam.

While I'm not that fussed over the pre-order, I'm kind of annoyed that I'd have to spend more on the version that doesn't actually come with a dvd and case...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."