Dragon Age: Inquisition

...hehehe...waitin' fer Volourn ta show up; dwarf's got some freakish Spidey-sense when anyone bashes the BIOweenians...hehehe...:p

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

."hehehe...waitin' fer Volourn ta show up; dwarf's got some freakish Spidey-sense when anyone bashes the BIOweenians...hehehe"

Does that include when i bash them?  Only a troll like you would troll the way you do.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Does that include when i bash them?  Only a troll like you would troll the way you do.

...seriously??...wow, that was weak, dwarf...if yer not e'en gonna try, I ain't playin'...:p

...oh, an' ta stay on topic, I agrees, DA:I companions is gonna suck...:p

...wow...rivetin' stuff there, dwarf...if ya was 6...an' we're done 'ere...

Edited by Sargallath Abraxium

I think we can confirm that Volo is not the one who "LUVS YA, BABY!!".

Edited by KaineParker
  • Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Do you lose companions in DA2 with too much rivalry?

On combat, my problem is that everything said about it - and everything else - is generic. They're claiming what the game will accomplish without saying how the game works, or a possible rough sketch. It'll be "all about freedom for the player," it's "taking RPG's to the next level," it's "immersive," and "open-world."

Also, anytime the word "refining" is used in reference to Bioware games, it's bad.

Guest Slinky

in a game where your party size is 4, i'd expect there to be at least 6 companion characters

less than that would be too few, otherwise you could end up with weird things like "i need a rogue, but the only one available is beyond annoying, so now I have to play a rogue or suffer this awful character"

Yeah that can be a problem. But if the companions are written well, as in not whining, daddy issue free, not farting comedy side kicks, that risk should be minimized. The other end of that line is like garrus in ME2, with his massive two or so conversations at the ship.

I'm excited about the description around your party members

“.....forming complex relationships both with you and with each other”

That bodes really well for some exciting Romance options :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"Yeah that can be a problem. But if the companions are written well, as in not whining, daddy issue free, not farting comedy side kicks, that risk should be minimized."

Havinga  choice of companions is always a good idea. Even with the limited npcs in PST it wa snice to have the option to throw the worst ones out. Plus, alignment/moral differences  as well. ie. No way would a paladin want to travelwith Edwin very long. In DA, I killed that stupid assassin  and it would stupid if I didn't have enough npcs to fill the aprty simply b/c I killed a guy who tried to murder me like we do all through games. L0L

Plus,  having 9 characters will not limit them to 10 lines. DA companions had TONS of lines as did DA2 and all 3 MEs. Or any other BIO RPG.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

On combat, my problem is that everything said about it - and everything else - is generic. They're claiming what the game will accomplish without saying how the game works, or a possible rough sketch. It'll be "all about freedom for the player," it's "taking RPG's to the next level," it's "immersive," and "open-world."

Also, anytime the word "refining" is used in reference to Bioware games, it's bad.

It's all just marketing right now, and I suspect that until we're much closer to release, we still won't really have a solid grasp of what the gameplay is or isn't.

I'm excited about the description around your party members

“.....forming complex relationships both with you and with each other”

That bodes really well for some exciting Romance options :dancing:

qZTSmeX.jpg

• Like 3

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/08/21/so-i-am-feeling-cautiously-optimistic-about-dragon-age/#more-165514

Guys sorry if this video in the article has been posted before but if you haven't seen it you really need to watch it. I will be really surprised if anyone isn't really excited after watching it :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

My excitement is tempered by all the things we don't know about and likely won't until it is released. Even Mass Effect 3 seemed like it would have been good going by what they were willing to reveal.

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

My excitement is tempered by all the things we don't know about and likely won't until it is released. Even Mass Effect 3 seemed like it would have been good going by what they were willing to reveal.

I hear you but " hope springs eternal in the human breast"

:biggrin:

John Milton 

Different strokes.  I let myself get excited from time to time as well, though I do try to temper it somewhat because if I get too hyped/excited then games can be impossible to live up to the hype.

Though I can't remember the last game I was genuinely disappointed with.  Maybe Far Cry.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/08/21/so-i-am-feeling-cautiously-optimistic-about-dragon-age/#more-165514

Guys sorry if this video in the article has been posted before but if you haven't seen it you really need to watch it. I will be really surprised if anyone isn't really excited after watching it :dancing:

That video has all the marketing buzzwords, all of them.  

It definitely sounds good, but any excitement that may ignite is quickly doused by the memory of the promises I've heard from BioWare in the past and how things really turned out (e.g. the personalized ending that reflected all my choices throughout the series I was promised for ME3).  If the promises they make here actually come to fruition, then I'll get excited.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Different strokes.  I let myself get excited from time to time as well, though I do try to temper it somewhat because if I get too hyped/excited then games can be impossible to live up to the hype.

Though I can't remember the last game I was genuinely disappointed with.  Maybe Far Cry.

Disappointment [ = ] expectation [-] reality. The BioWare brand and stellar releases like ME1 and DA:O had my expectations high for DA2 and ME3. So although I've played MUCH worse games than both those titles, they are for me, by far the most disappointing by a long shot.

Now however I have adjusted my expectations. I expect a BioWare game to be hyped to infinity and beyond with enoguh hot air to fuel a small sun ... and deliver mediocrity. Then when relality comes and the game is actually *gasp* a touch better than mediocre, I can no longer be disappointed, nor feel the need to head here or gamebanshee to voice my despair. TLDR, I am immune to BioWare failure damage, though will still chug a Kickster Potion just to be sure.

Edited by Halaster

Today's video: Exploring the World of Dragon Age: Inquisition.

As I speculated previously, it's not Skyrim or Kingdoms of Amalur level 'open world.' It's more like the original BG.

I view this as a positive.

Mass Effect 3 was good.

A bad ending might keep something from being excellent, but it doesn't make the entire game bad.

That said, between ME 2, DA 2, and ME 3, I've come to the conclusion that BioWare has forgotten how to do good endings.

No. High rivalry is a *good thing.* I'd say for Isabela, Merrill, and Anders, the rivalry tracks are superior to the friendships ones.

You lose companions when you fail to get high rivalry or high friendship.

Edited by Maria Caliban
  • Like 4

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

ME 2

I look back, and I was actually satisfied. 

A bad ending might keep something from being excellent, but it doesn't make the entire game bad.

The parts that Weekes wrote (Tuchanka and Rannoch I believe) are so different from the crappy ones (Asari Planet) that I have to wonder why they don't make him head writer. 

• Like 2

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif