- Imoen

- Antonio Banderas

- That big dude

- That dlc golem thingy

Thats seven, who am I forgetting?

Edit: the drunken midget! One still.

Edited by Slinky

Ah, Wynne. Saved my bacon many a time.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

DA:O had nine too??

- Whiner

- Claudia Black

- Dog

- Imoen

- Antonio Banderas

- That big dude

- That dlc golem thingy

Thats seven, who am I forgetting?

Edit: the drunken midget! One still.

Dragon Age: Origins had Alistar, Morrigan, Leliana, Zevran, Shale, Sten, Ohgren, Wynne, and Loghan (+dog).

I expect DA:I will have a similar amount of depth for the companions.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I'd personally take 4 well written, dialogue heavy companions than nine who have about 10 lines in the entire game which is about what I'm now expecting from DA:I.

I prefer MoTB as well.

• Like 4

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

in a game where your party size is 4, i'd expect there to be at least 6 companion characters

less than that would be too few, otherwise you could end up with weird things like "i need a rogue, but the only one available is beyond annoying, so now I have to play a rogue or suffer this awful character"

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Uhh, her name was Grandma.  Please be respectful of the Dragon Age ® franchise, brought to you by BioWare ®.

Her being able to resurrect party members was how I got through the Flemeth fight first time through... :facepalm:

Sten was the best. 

He was alright.  He was a wimp, though.  He couldn't take a hit worth a damn.

I too forgot to equip him with armor after freeing him from his cage and adding him to the party... :biggrin:

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Uhh, her name was Grandma.  Please be respectful of the Dragon Age ® franchise, brought to you by BioWare ®.

Her being able to resurrect party members was how I got through the Flemeth fight first time through... :facepalm:

Sten was the best. 

He was alright.  He was a wimp, though.  He couldn't take a hit worth a damn.

I too forgot to equip him with armor after freeing him from his cage and adding him to the party... :biggrin:

If you play with him on nightmare, he is worthless unless you take his tactics away and micromanage him (which, to be fair, you should be doing anyway).  "Hey, let me use Threaten to pull aggro from Alistair! Whoops, I'm dead!"

9553522539_53bb6a1181_b.jpg

...who ordered the Justin Timberlake video??... :biggrin:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

• Like 2

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

I am kind of confused why progressive BioWare neglected any female or non-white character examples in today's trailer :( Unless I missed them.

Edited by anubite

I made a 2 hour rant video about dragon age 2. It's not the greatest... but if you want to watch it, here ya go:

The image from Dragon Age - A World Unveiled.

Get it? UnVEILed.

Funnies.

Anyways, blah blah blah, player choice, new generation of RPG, wide open world. But there's are two nice shots of environments and they already look better than Kirkwall. The part where the dragon lands and the gazelle (oxen?) scatter is also nice. At least we know there are ambient creatures.

I am kind of confused why progressive BioWare neglected any female or non-white character examples in today's trailer :( Unless I missed them.

There's a shot of a black female Inquistor raising a flag while a crowd cheers. Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

If you play with him on nightmare, he is worthless unless you take his tactics away and micromanage him (which, to be fair, you should be doing anyway).  "Hey, let me use Threaten to pull aggro from Alistair! Whoops, I'm dead!"

Ah, I never played on Nightmare.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

9553522539_53bb6a1181_b.jpg

1,2...1,2,3,4 Y.M.C.A. it's fun to stay at the Y.M.C.A.

Is this intentionally so massively camp? And where are the native american and all the other chaps?

Hope this doesn't come across as homophobic, but the over dramatised poses are a bit laughable, I woke the dog with my guffawing.

Edit: Of course if the gentleman and ladies are saddlesore, then I can understand the legs akimbo poses, perhaps a spot of liniment before supper?

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

If you mean the posing, it's because it's costume concept art. They're all in the same position so the clothing is the only difference between them. In the video, you see them zoom between one image to the next. The leg akimbo is probably because they wanted to show off the boots, but I'm not an artist.

If you mean the outfit itself, I like it. It feels like a cross between a western and a DnD fantasy rogue. Though yes, I can see how it might look campish to you.

the outfit on that rogue lookin fella seems a tad flamboyant, but it could fit the character if he's supposed to be something of a gamblin man (ala setzer)

also reminds me of jarlaxle with that over-the-top hat

i try not to judge too many books by their cover etc, i thought the design for varric looked ridiculous, but he ended up being the best character in DA2 imo

• Like 1

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

They said Kirkwall would change due to Hawke's actions. I remember how that turned out.

I'm surprised anyone remembers the 'enslave nations through necromancy' line from the original FAQ.

If by tactical gameplay, they mean, "Use these spells against these enemies oh and use that chain whip thing to stun people a lot" then it's just an action game. You can't call an action game tactical/strategic, because that's not what people mean when they call a game tactical/strategic.

You can't make round/turn based combat "look" fun to people who have a stigma against it. I get it, RPGs are still viewed by the masses as "slow and dull" but going full action game isn't the solution, it's avoiding the real problem. And since DA3 is now just a full-on action game, it is going to be closely competing with other action games in 2014, like, Dark Souls 2, ot whatever. It needs to be as good or better than those next-gen titles a year from now. If DA3 doesn't sell well, I think we can pin some of the blame on this factor, that DA3's experience isn't unique enough to drive sales. Which, I guess, to Bioware/EA, might be a better explanation than, at least in their minds, "Well, roleplaying games just don't sell anymore."

Well, some Bioware dude (supposedly) believed that Call of Duty was an RPG, so I can see where the genre confusion is coming from.

I'd personally take 4 well written, dialogue heavy companions than nine who have about 10 lines in the entire game which is about what I'm now expecting from DA:I.

I'm looking forward to a game where each companion gives a cinematic one-line introduction and stares blankly, menacingly, at something far off in the distance the rest of the game - the intro line will state what archetype they're playing and make fart/sex jokes. Any preexisting characters will state a complete shift in their personality. DA3 will be a horror-action-RPG.

Edited by Tick