What are you playing now?

Pidesco

"Baldur's Gate Trilogy"

There is no BG trilogy so how do you manage that?

There is a third BG but it was released to hard core fans and loyal Bioware supporters, its a big secret so please don't tell anyone !!!

Ask Alan, he should know about it :unsure:

Only the truly 1337 got to play Baldur's Gate 3: Haxorz of 101101.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

There was a Summoner 2? Maybe I knew that once and forgot....I loved the first game, at least for a couple playthroughs.

On PS2 and Gamecube.

Oh....ok. That stirs up a vague memory. I probably heard about it, raged about "exclusives" for 60 seconds, then promptly forgot. :biggrin:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Finished Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Ultimate edition, I was satisfied with the game, will definitely play the sequel. Though I have to say that the gameplay is clunky and awkward at times, but you get used to it pretty soon and the DLCs where crap(gameplay wise).

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Playing SOASE a lot with friends, one guy is far, far from us and is getting whacked so is kind of tense to send relief and not get overrun at home. Also went back to WoW, just to see an old guildmate, kind of funny for our 120 person guild to just have us as the active guys.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Not sure if I just missed it the first time, but I've come across the jeweler in the very first town in Diablo III with my Monk character.  My first character didn't meet him until well into Act II, in a different city.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Not sure if I just missed it the first time, but I've come across the jeweler in the very first town in Diablo III with my Monk character.  My first character didn't meet him until well into Act II, in a different city.

He's not in the first town in the 1st run through but will be there the rest of your runs with that character. So you won't have to wait to act 2 to use him each time.

I own Gaul, Greece, Hispania, Italy and am starting to attack into Germania.

Had Gaius Marius and Lucius Cornelius Sulla pop up in my game. Made me happy and sad at the same time because I realized that the game is paced really badly in terms of tech so the "Marian Reforms" came almost 100 years before the guy could even think of being a General.

Also with the  systems in place and a few things I read about Legions in Rome during the later part of the Empire (when it was cracking under pressure) I couldn't help but think that a Wuxia novel set in the Roman Empire with all of the common characters and tropes being transplanted from Chinese guys onto their European Equivalents.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Putting some time into Red Dead Redemption inbetween small bits of tedious Fallout 1. Rockstar really knows how to kill anything with potential that they make. Their style of run from point A to point B to point A, back to B, C, B, A, B, A, B, B kills any sort of exploration along with the fact that there's nothing to explore, barely any secrets stashed in secluded pointless areas. It's the same crap design as in LA Noire, and GTA IV. IGN gave this thing a 9.7. It's around an 8 at best. Slightly above average with zero replayability.

• Like 2

8 being "slightly above average"?

On topic... At chapter 2 in The Walking Dead. The "gameplay", if you can call it that, leaves a lot to hope for even for a point'n click adventure, but story and its flow are very satisfying so far.

I'd be keen to see what kind of an RPG Obsidian could craft from this base if ever given the job.

Edited by Undecaf

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Playing Of Orcs and Men.  After having played for a bit yesterday, I started a new game on Hard difficulty today and was more careful in how I chose and upgraded my skills, now that I understand the system to some degree.  The game could stand to be A LOT less linear and some of the invisible walls make me want to choke someone out.  With that said, I'm having a good time with the game so far.  I really like the combat system.  It's basically turn-based, but time never completely stops.  There's a decent bit of tactics to it too with timing attacks so that the goblin applies vulnerabilities to targets just before the orc takes advantage and smashes them to bits with massive power attacks.  Also, tossing a goblin will never be not fun.  The voice acting for the two main characters is surprisingly good too, especially the goblin.  The rest of the cast, not so much.  I kind of hope this could turn into a series.  There's some definite potential here, though nowhere near fully realized in this game.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Well it's an opinion, but it's not like anyone cares.

Sure. Was just wondering...

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

He's not in the first town in the 1st run through but will be there the rest of your runs with that character. So you won't have to wait to act 2 to use him each time.

Hmm.  Interesting to know.

I don't know how much longer I'm going to use the Monk.  I don't find him nearly as good as my Demon Hunter.  I might try one of the other classes instead of sticking with the Monk.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Well, that's how games are generally graded, aren't they? It's not like they have to follow the normal distribution or something.

Edit: Removed stuff since I thought I was in the other thread. :p

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Well, that's how games are generally graded, aren't they? It's not like they have to follow the normal distribution or something.

They are, almost everywhere. It just never struck as sensible to me to have a scale from 1 to 10 and have "average" at 7 to 8.

They are, almost everywhere. It just never struck as sensible to me to have a scale from 1 to 10 and have "average" at 7 to 8.

I've never seen a 1, 2 or 3.

8 was slightly above average, so average would be 6-7, right? ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I've never seen a 1, 2 or 3.

8 was slightly above average, so average would be 6-7, right? ;)

I've seen 2/10 scores.

It's not an issue worth of debate, and people are obviously used to it. But it looks disfigured in my eyes, and always has.

Playing Of Orcs and Men.  After having played for a bit yesterday, I started a new game on Hard difficulty today and was more careful in how I chose and upgraded my skills, now that I understand the system to some degree.  The game could stand to be A LOT less linear and some of the invisible walls make me want to choke someone out.  With that said, I'm having a good time with the game so far.  I really like the combat system.  It's basically turn-based, but time never completely stops.  There's a decent bit of tactics to it too with timing attacks so that the goblin applies vulnerabilities to targets just before the orc takes advantage and smashes them to bits with massive power attacks.  Also, tossing a goblin will never be not fun.  The voice acting for the two main characters is surprisingly good too, especially the goblin.  The rest of the cast, not so much.  I kind of hope this could turn into a series.  There's some definite potential here, though nowhere near fully realized in this game.

Styx can solo the entire game if you build him accordingly. I used Arkail mainly as tank.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I also have Anachronox in my backlog.

I actually have this game. Never played it though. In fact I forgot all about it until I saw you mention it. Is it any fun?

It's got funny moments with the characters, the JRPG combat is a bit annoying though, I'd recommend playing it. Shame it ends on a cliff hanger.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra