What you did today

Pidesco

LadyCrimson, do you have a Mr. Orange and Mr. Blue too ? :D

I had an orange cat named Milo. No blue cats, yet. ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Went to bed too early so had inevitable freaking nightmares. However, dusted off the meditation after many years cold turkey and used that to get heart rate down etc. Back to sleep and got 5 hours all told. Managed my shift today OK.

I've read that some studies are showing that playing Tetris before bed helps people forget things that are stressing them or causing anxiety that prevent sleeping; wonder if that would have helped?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Went to bed too early so had inevitable freaking nightmares. However, dusted off the meditation after many years cold turkey and used that to get heart rate down etc. Back to sleep and got 5 hours all told. Managed my shift today OK.

I've read that some studies are showing that playing Tetris before bed helps people forget things that are stressing them or causing anxiety that prevent sleeping; wonder if that would have helped?

I remember getting some results with spider solitaire. :) But I'd wager that tetris is superior, now you mention it. Thanks for the tip.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Reservoir Dogs

Yeah yeah, I know. No "Mr. Pink," "Mr. Brown," or "Mr. White," either. ;)

Mr. Grey and Mr. Black is the result of me being too lazy to think of official names anymore. In "person" I don't even call them those very often...just "hey hon, looklook, black kitty is being cute again" or "Such a beggar, kittah want some tweets? Huh? Of course you do. Tweetstweets, Furface always wants some tweets."

...what is it about animals that makes so many of us talk like that. :disguise:

Edit: I could call one FuzzyPants and the other FuzzyButt, but ... nah.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

One of our dachsunds has a name, but I just call him Chief or Kaiser - he acts like it anyway.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

My cats are named Bob (short for SpongeBob Squarepants) and Bailey and both answer to their names.

I have a Dachsund based mutt named Bailey.

Max and Bailey will answer to their names, but they also answer to each other's names. Call one and get both.

The cat doesn't give two craps. He'll come if he sees you, but not if you call him.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Reservoir Dogs

Mr. Grey and Mr. Black is the result of me being too lazy to think of official names anymore. In "person" I don't even call them those very often...just "hey hon, looklook, black kitty is being cute again" or "Such a beggar, kittah want some tweets? Huh? Of course you do. Tweetstweets, Furface always wants some tweets."

Yeah, my cats have names but I rarely use them in favour of whatever comes up. Common terms they respond to more than their names at this point: Engelbert Humperdinck, Doctor Droolababble and Binkulinus the Third of Poofington.

• Like 1

Yeah, my cats have names but I rarely use them in favour of whatever comes up. Common terms they respond to more than their names at this point: Engelbert Humperdinck, Doctor Droolababble and Binkulinus the Third of Poofington.

Huh, my cats only listen to "You", "Want", "More" and "Food".

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Had some annoying lower back pain since I woke up so I grabbed my barbell, put 100Kg / 220lbs weight on (60% what I normally lift) and did a few sets of partial deadlifts, pain is completely gone now. 

I tell you, If I wouldn't lift weights rigorously and regularly my body would be totally FUBAR by now from all the years of sitting hunched up in front of my PC gaming and working.

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Today my new boss switched offices, so as not to be a half-block's walk from the folks he's working with everyday.  Unfortunately, this puts him in the office directly next to mine.  His desk chair has a clear line of sight to my office door. 

I like the guy, and I have no reason to suspect that he's going to be a **** about silly details like "showing up on time" and "not spending a large portion of one's workday reading crap on the internet," but I'm still fairly confident in my prediction that this is going to be a Bad Thing. 

(On the other hand, overheard conversations in one's boss's office can be very educational.) 

• Like 1

I made an  AI which can self-discover, self-extend, and adapt all on its own. It's going to be exlusively in EFPE.

Isn't Skynet already trademarked?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

(On the other hand, overheard conversations in one's boss's office can be very educational.)

Which is not a bad thing (first hand experience with that). I'm located a few metres from one of the company directors. It gets a bit loud and no language filter applies, but it gives some insight into what the current hot topics are ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I made an  AI which can self-discover, self-extend, and adapt all on its own. It's going to be exlusively in EFPE.

Just make sure it doesn't try to enslave and/or exterminate us.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I did both good and bad - the kind of day where you get to see your own and the limits of your friends.. for better or worse. I'm grateful for the opportunity to exist.. and in this time..

Fortune favors the bald.

Fun night with lots of disturbances and wakeups. So the morning arrived and I was all "bloody hell, I don't want to get up".

Got up, and ended up spending an hour getting the computer to work right before I could even start looking at anything.

I get the feeling it's going to be one of those days, rather then a good friday..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Meh, Friday. Just another day closer to Monday

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Its a public holiday in South Africa today, its Womens Day.

This is a relevant holiday where we recognise the important role that women play and also the fact that we as a nation are opposed to sexism and misogyny that is still rife in many sectors of society.

Its a good time to phone in on popular radio  talk-shows to give your opinion around this aspect of discrimination. I also finished Darksiders and I am busy downloading IWD from GOG as we speak :dancing:

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

So...it'd be pretty awkward if I posted pictures of Tanit Phoenix over in the attractive women thread today, then...? :unsure:

Edited by Amentep
  • Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

You get a day off work for that ? Not bad. Heh, yesterday being Eid I kind of miss being back home - we got that day off (along with the Christian and Hindu holy days).

So...it'd be pretty awkward if I posted pictures of Tanit Phoenix over in the attractive women thread today, then...? :unsure:

:biggrin: No I think that would be acceptable

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

You get a day off work for that ? Not bad. Heh, yesterday being Eid I kind of miss being back home - we got that day off (along with the Christian and Hindu holy days).

Interesting, so we don't get that day off so the number of Public holidays probably even out between our countries

John Milton