Best Police in the World

obyknven

Best Police in the World  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What country have best Police in the World

That first video shows a big reason why cops are often no better than criminals. While no actual violence is used, it is clear that for that cop it is all about power and control; NOT public safety.  Police do NOT like civilians telling the cops what rights civilians have. And, when one points it out to them, they'll do anything they can to show 'who is boss'. That is EVIL. And, to me, completely misses the point of what the police should be.

TO PROTECT AND TO SERVE.

not to intimidate and control

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Supplemental:

Case of appalling police misconduct. Bugging anti-racism campaigners who were trying to get justice for a murdered teenager.

I would encourage all UK members to bring this up with their MP. Guilty senior officers need to be identified and nailed. I will be bringing it up with my MP in the next couple of weeks.

Man sounds so good, that you can go after cops over there by pressuring local politicians. That kind of **** simply doesn't fly here. 

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

Supplemental:

Case of appalling police misconduct. Bugging anti-racism campaigners who were trying to get justice for a murdered teenager.

I would encourage all UK members to bring this up with their MP. Guilty senior officers need to be identified and nailed. I will be bringing it up with my MP in the next couple of weeks.

Man sounds so good, that you can go after cops over there by pressuring local politicians. That kind of **** simply doesn't fly here.

The police in Texas are pretty much untouchable unless you have undeniable proof and even then it is harder to see justice served. Perhaps is is because politicians here love being seen as "tough on crime" and have no problem condoning police overkill or brutality.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Supplemental:

There's also Hillsborough. I believe some of those responsible for it- and the utterly despicable ass covering smear campaign against the victims- not only still have their jobs, but have promotions.

• Like 2

Supplemental:

There's also Hillsborough. I believe some of those responsible for it- and the utterly despicable ass covering smear campaign against the victims- not only still have their jobs, but have promotions.

Good point. I forgot about that because of the whole Middle East exploding business. I'll bring it up, too.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Some of these vids have altered my stance a bit. I do agree that when confronted, officers need to rise above impulsive power plays. The Swedish, Finnish and Russian comparison is particularity insightful. I'm fairly certain those types of scenarios in the U.S would end up with someone getting shot.

Edited by licketysplit

Supplemental:

One of the delights of the UK system is that members of parliament are expected to have 'surgeries' where they speak to the people who voted for them (or not) directly and in person. Depending on the MP they can end up discussing anything from the War in Iraq to the BBC's attitude to cake in sporting programs, to trouble getting a school placement for little Timmy.

MPs can get a lot of kudos and local support (if not Big Party support) for championing causes and exposing things is a big win. Beats attending ribbon cuttings all to hell.

But we'll see what good it does here. Or not.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I do think that it should noted that the abuses of power by the police can be NOTHING compared to other civil servants who (technically) should have less overal power. Be they TSA, DMV, or just some beauracrat in a department somewhere, it seems like half the people who have those sorts of jobs revel in making your life miserable.

Especially those like the TSA who control just a tiny aspect of your life.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

• 3 weeks later...

Latest police drama here. Teen with a knife on a streetcar gets shot up. Funny that they tase him after firing 3 rounds, then waiting a bit for 6 more. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Not been publicized as of yet - in a way I hope all or most of them did for at the very least it means the cop can actually aim.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Not been publicized as of yet - in a way I hope all or most of them did for at the very least it means the cop can actually aim.

I'm hoping that they didn't because they were warning shots meant to ultimately bring the perpetrator back alive.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Yeah, I don't think you burst off 3 then a steady follow up of 6 as a warning :p

Total evil overreaction. But, police apologizers will defend their actions and whine about how he had a knife.

I guess the old saying is don't bring a knife to a fun fight. I thought police were trained to deal with situations in a non violent way if at all possible? He is in the streetcar with nobody near striming distance - why not wait him out? I guess they were all about to clock out.

Bloodthirsty scumbags.

They tazed him.... after they shot him. Either way, these punks are poor examples of polcie officers - Kanadian or otherwise. I sure don't feel saver with them  on the streets to be darn sure.

A man realized his house was being robbed and he called the police.

"Sorry, there are currently no cars available," they told him.

"If you guys can't show up I'm going to take matters into my own hands and kill the robber," the man said, exasperated. Within minutes, three cars full of officers arrived at the scene and caught the robber, alive and well. They talk to the owner.

"I thought you said you were going to kill him!" the officer exclaims.

"I thought you said there were no cars available," the man replied.

(I voted for all to skew the results.)

• Like 4

Total evil overreaction. But, police apologizers will defend their actions and whine about how he had a knife.

I guess the old saying is don't bring a knife to a fun fight. I thought police were trained to deal with situations in a non violent way if at all possible? He is in the streetcar with nobody near striming distance - why not wait him out? I guess they were all about to clock out.

Bloodthirsty scumbags.

Not that I think for one second you believe this contrary blurting.

However, I should point out that knives were killing folk for thousands of years before guns came along.

We in the UK lose police officers to knives relatively frequently, and private citizens seemingly every week.

Your suggestion that it was too boring to wait him out is as transparently provocative as those buttless chaps you're wearing.

-Elwood Blues

Bloodthirsty scumbags.

He called them pussies, so he had it coming. That's actually a position of some people (Sun readers I assume). In this case they can close the streetcar doors from the exterior AND kill power to the vehicle. No note of a hostage was seen (else they'd have called SWAT who presumably have more brains, I imagine), so really no idea why they didn't try to not escalate the situation by flaunting their testicles.

Of course the Chief says there'll be action, the cop that shot him is all torn up so maybe he'll get a cushy desk job to cope with his PTSD and that'll be it.

Meme-worthy photo of the office out though

james_forcillo_1.jpg.size.xxlarge.letter

Edited by Malcador

Incidentally, you've noticed that the OP was done by a fellow using the founder of the Soviet Cheka (the bolshevik secret police) as his avatar? No doubt LoF is chortling into his breakfast cereal at the irony.

-Elwood Blues

In a police station you'd have a duty officer who is there specifically so this sort of thing doesn't happen. Weird that there was no equivalent.

-Elwood Blues