Best Police in the World

obyknven

Best Police in the World  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What country have best Police in the World

I wonder how much of that is due to so many being ex forces or reservists?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm pretty sure the numbers were just the US.  The highest numbers were among those who have been medically retired, so that is clearly a major factor.  Apparently the whole mental health services has been completely lacking, and it is really only starting to be implemented in many departments in the last few years.

I think that in general you'll find increased suicide rate among people who lost their job, especially if they go from demanding job which filled their life, to doing nothing at home with disability. Also for many workplace is their social circle(like school/University/etc) and loosing that might feels like they are alone... I'll put my money on most of those suicides being committed by singles.

Anyway, I think such statistic show that either they got a lot of suicides or very little death on job, maybe a comparison to other population groups is in order.

Is "Stop Resisting" a legal defense for 2nd degree murder? Even for campus police?

http://politicalblindspot.com/cop-shoots-kills-college-student-for-speaking-disrespectfully/

“I didn’t hear him say anything like, ‘Get down on your hands and knees,’ you know?” one witness explained, “I didn’t hear him say anything. He just started shooting. He emptied the gun on him… Boom, boom, boom.Six shots — five or six.”

Mohammad Haidarasl also witnessed the murder, saying that Redus’ last words were “Oh, you’re gonna shoot me?”

Redus couldn’t believe officer Carter would actually go that far, but Haidarasl added that the cop kept yelling “Stop resisting, stop resisting,” even though it was clear Redus was offering no physical residence, only sarcastic comments.

Edited by babaganoosh13

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Heh, reminds me of the cop in Florida that choked out a guy because he gave them a 'dehumanizing stare' .  What is it with Florida, anyway ?  Some sort of stultifying Illuminati poisoning ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Ywet, people will continually defend crap cops by whining how 'tough' their jobs are not realizing by defending the bad ones you are spitting on the good ones and making their job that much harder than it needs to be. Cops have a bad reputation for a reason - they bring it on themselves. Espicially with their whole 'us vs them' mentality. When it should be 'us protecting them'mentality'.

The good cops should be the first ones in line to slap down the bad cops not covering up, making excuses, and other silly things on their behalf.

That cop, if the story is accurate, should not simply be fired, he should locked in prison forever.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Is "Stop Resisting" a legal defense for 2nd degree murder? Even for campus police?

http://politicalblindspot.com/cop-shoots-kills-college-student-for-speaking-disrespectfully/

“I didn’t hear him say anything like, ‘Get down on your hands and knees,’ you know?” one witness explained, “I didn’t hear him say anything. He just started shooting. He emptied the gun on him… Boom, boom, boom.Six shots — five or six.”

Mohammad Haidarasl also witnessed the murder, saying that Redus’ last words were “Oh, you’re gonna shoot me?”

Redus couldn’t believe officer Carter would actually go that far, but Haidarasl added that the cop kept yelling “Stop resisting, stop resisting,” even though it was clear Redus was offering no physical residence, only sarcastic comments.

Different story from CNN ......

"During the wait for assistance, the officer tried to restrain the suspect who repeatedly resisted," the statement said. "During the struggle, the officer attempted to subdue the suspect with his baton. ... The baton was taken by the suspect who used it to hit the officer.

"The officer drew his firearm and was able to knock the baton from the suspect who continued to resist arrest. Shots were fired."  http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/09/justice/texas-campus-officer-shooting/

NBC has a similiar take as CNN on it.   http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/12/09/21837444-campus-officer-shoots-kills-texas-college-student-after-chase?lite

You know that witness testimony consistently focusses on the weapon? I'm not saying the cop couldn't have been a murderous thug or just freaking out. But I am saying that I'm content to defer to the jury.

EDIT: Not 'aver'. Don't know why I said that. :)

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"During the wait for assistance, the officer tried to restrain the suspect who repeatedly resisted," the statement said. "During the struggle, the officer attempted to subdue the suspect with his baton. ... The baton was taken by the suspect who used it to hit the officer.

"The officer drew his firearm and was able to knock the baton from the suspect who continued to resist arrest. Shots were fired."  http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/09/justice/texas-campus-officer-shooting/

NBC has a similiar take as CNN on it.   http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/12/09/21837444-campus-officer-shoots-kills-texas-college-student-after-chase?lite

That's the campus police statement. There are no witnesses to that.

Funny how the camera fell off for that one.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Funny how the camera fell off for that one.

So?  Does that mean that the police version isn't true?  The rush to judgment here is ridiculous.   Maybe the cop was off the rails, and if so, then yes he should be tried for the shooting, but I'm not ready to convict him based on the little information that is available.    

Edited by kgambit
  • Like 2

Just took a moment to check out the other articles on that link. Didn't see a great many 'cop in justified shooting' stories. Very strong anti-state agenda. Doesn't make it wrong. But I trust their editing and angle about as far as you'd think.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

So?  Does that mean that the police version isn't true?  The rush to judgment here is ridiculous.   Maybe the cop was off the rails, and if so, then yes he should be tried for the shooting, but I'm not ready to convict him based on the little information that is available.    

Well, when the cops behave like the mafia in blue, people distrust them.  Sucks for them.  Also really the camera falling off conveniently should be setting people's BS detectors off.   :p

Edited by Malcador

Ywet, people will continually defend crap cops by whining how 'tough' their jobs are not realizing by defending the bad ones you are spitting on the good ones and making their job that much harder than it needs to be. Cops have a bad reputation for a reason - they bring it on themselves. Espicially with their whole 'us vs them' mentality. When it should be 'us protecting them'mentality'.

The good cops should be the first ones in line to slap down the bad cops not covering up, making excuses, and other silly things on their behalf.

That cop, if the story is accurate, should not simply be fired, he should locked in prison forever.

People will continually defend allegedly "crap" cops, for the same reason people crucify cops based on some one sided story the heard on the news.

Such media Crucifixion, which is not even black and white observation, but completely ignoring due diligence in gathering all the facts and just running with the allegedly "victim" story, because they already know what happened as seen in the last paragraph "What can you do? SPREAD THE WORD! Let people know what kind of POLICE STATE American citizens are facing". Is a great reason why good cops(or anyone else) should never slap down anyone based on some news crap.

Wrong.  

Updated Dec. 19, 2013: A witness who says he saw the struggle told the Express-News that Redus was resisting arrest and “making it very difficult for the officer and striking him.”  The witness, UIW student Kyle Carnett who lives in the apartment complex, said he didn’t see what sparked the confrontation but saw Redus swinging at Carter.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/police/2013/12/what-we-know-so-far-about-the-fatal-shooting-of-uiw-student-cameron-redus-by-campus-police/#18821101=0

http://www.expressnews.com/news/local/article/Witness-UIW-student-fought-officer-before-fatal-5077162.php?t=f745e31feedffd779b#/0

Let the investigation play out before you start judging and laying blame.  

Edited by kgambit

Well at least the body mic was working, so that might prove helpful.  Cop is a joke if he managed to be disarmed, heh.

Well at least the body mic was working, so that might prove helpful.  Cop is a joke if he managed to be disarmed, heh.

So he's a joke AND a monster?

-Elwood Blues

Don't think I called him a monster,  if he did get disarmed then the shooting does make sense.  Wonder why he refused medical attention - I guess the injuries would be noted ?

Don't think I called him a monster,  if he did get disarmed then the shooting does make sense.  Wonder why he refused medical attention - I guess the injuries would be noted ?

I'd call someone who gunned down a person for sassing him a monster.

-Elwood Blues

Noticed something I don't find sinister, but others might.

Announced over Christmas that the British police are considering removing some senior ranks from the organisational structure.

If one takes the increasingly popular view that some sort of NWO is on the way, then stripping out the purely professional senior ranks from the police is exactly what I'd do, to rob the forces of traditionalist inertia. It's pretty much what the Turkish government has done to their army in recent years. Except this is targeting the rank, not the men.

Personally I think it's just a cost cutting exercise. And like most these days it's simplistic idiocy, rather than conspiracy.

But I thought you chaps might enjoy it.

-Elwood Blues

• 2 weeks later...

For reference, the European Convention on Human Rights (iirc, didn't check, could be a domestic rule) says that the police can't lie or mislead you in an investigation.

I've been attending a Citizen's Police Academy class for a few weeks, it is a way for our local police department to get input from the community and allows them to run a volunteer program. I was shocked to learn that police officers are 3 times more likely to commit suicide than die in the line of duty. That's horrific.

So go hug a cop or something, jesus.

Considering the amount of extremely fit women in the police force and the circles we move in, I often do :D

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif