Best Police in the World

obyknven

Best Police in the World  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What country have best Police in the World

Sweetheart of a settlement for him. Hell, you could lock me up for a year for 4 million!

Well, they didn't just lock him up for 5 days, they also forgot to feed him or give him any water. Which would be tough for a year to, you know...live through.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Sweetheart of a settlement for him. Hell, you could lock me up for a year for 4 million!

It is a nice chunk of money but they very nearly killed him 

No food and water and handcuffed until he lost enough weight to slip out of them

EDIT: Amentep beat me to it

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

• 2 weeks later...

The problem that we are having with legalization here in CO isn't the cops who are more or less for it but with some of the local politicians who are trying to delay or derail any regulations.

Besides from what I've seen the cops never bothered most of the time before it was legal

The cops have to be pleased. No more pretending to care about dope.

The dealers are going to be pissed off. Big chunk of regular change leaving the shadow economy.

Although ...doritos? Ew.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The cops have to be pleased. No more pretending to care about dope.

The dealers are going to be pissed off. Big chunk of regular change leaving the shadow economy.

Although ...doritos? Ew.

In america it's the type of food that's only eaten when high... like Frosted flakes.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Latest police drama here. Teen with a knife on a streetcar gets shot up. Funny that they tase him after firing 3 rounds, then waiting a bit for 6 more. :p

He's now charged with second degree murder.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/08/19/toronto-police-officer-charged-with-second-degree-murder-in-streetcar-shooting-death-of-sammy-yatim/

• 2 months later...

I'm not watching some fellah die, first thing on a Sunday. Not if I can help it.

All I'll say is that simply shooting someone doesn't necessarily stop them dead <sic>. And that we (in the UK) had a completely random and innocent girl stabbed to death on a bus just the other week.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

What genuinely boggles me is the relentless examination of police behaviour, demanding they do _zero_ harm, when I perceive their purpose as the reduction of harm done by normal citizens.

I don't mean to excuse abuses of power. But it's just irrational to expect the police to do their job without hurting anybody.

At least it seems that way to me.

• Like 2

-Elwood Blues

Also, he hit the guy with 8 out of 9, so that's at least decent marksmanship. Amazed he got charged at all, I suppose the SIU needs to make a show, though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

What genuinely boggles me is the relentless examination of police behaviour, demanding they do _zero_ harm, when I perceive their purpose as the reduction of harm done by normal citizens.

I don't mean to excuse abuses of power. But it's just irrational to expect the police to do their job without hurting anybody.

At least it seems that way to me.

I don't think anyone expects the police to do their job without harming anybody, but unless this is 2000 AD and they are judge, jury and executioner their main priority should be to make an arrest and uses of deadly force should be used with extreme prejudice. IIRC that's the law on most states and most of the cases presented here show little to no prejudice. The other thing is that the officers lied on their report about the circumstances leading up to the shooting saying that the victim "charged at him and his partner with a knife". I can only wonder at how many justified shootings by police officers are actually justified.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

a few bad apples spoils the bunch

They have much more power over the lives of others than a normal citizen, including life and death. I don't take issue if something bad inadvertently happens but when something such as this happens I do take issue. I think it's important to hold police to a higher standard as they have been given power and responsibility that I believe warrants such scrutiny.

In this case you can see the officers pull up and get out of their car walk over and shoot the guy standing in the middle of the street. All happens in just a few seconds. The police said that the man charged them with a knife but you can clearly see that he is standing in place with his arms at his side. 

Edited by ShadySands

Acknowledging what I thin kis a relaxed debate, I still have to say that I think you've missed the point.

In high stress situations you have to set simple rules. I would assert that in this case the police have used a well-established rule: protect the public. If an individual threatens deadly force, then their safety comes a distant second to that of anyone else.

Thoughts?

-Elwood Blues

Latest police drama here. Teen with a knife on a streetcar gets shot up. Funny that they tase him after firing 3 rounds, then waiting a bit for 6 more. :p

He's now charged with second degree murder.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/08/19/toronto-police-officer-charged-with-second-degree-murder-in-streetcar-shooting-death-of-sammy-yatim/

Abuse of power? Maybe. But then pulling his **** out and wielding a knife on a bus may have complicated things a bit.

Edited by licketysplit

am not sure how it works other places, but we don't have a National Police Force here in the US. compare USA police to other nations is thus... stoopid.  

regardless, am gonna note that any Genuine russian we know either not wanna talk 'bout police or admits that they is typical scared of police. is kinda like worst stereotypes o' chicago cops during prohibition, but real... and if al capone were an "elected" official. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

In general, yes

In most of these examples there seems to be an unreasonable escalation of force and at some point firing a weapon near people may be more dangerous to the public than the person they are trying to stop. In this case there were 3 stray bullets which luckily didn't hit anyone but it's not like there was a shoot out or a struggle or even any immediate threat. They just walked up and shot the guy then lied about it

I don't know if it was just indifference, laziness, blood lust or something else entirely

What is funny is how relaxed everyone else is with this madman on the streetcar. Lucky there was a video.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

As far as I'm concerned, police should have to write up a full report every time they use a taser, like they would if they used a gun. It should only be used in similar circumstances when it doesn't put the officers life in danger using it over the gun (i.e. bringing it to a knife fight. The lightest scenario for using it should be if someone has clearly taking something they shouldn't have, is acting VERY violent and the nightstick would be almost useless.) Too many police have abused it IMO. This was a minor accident. A 2 or 3 on a scale of 10, and the police elevated it to a 9.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.