Best Police in the World

obyknven

Best Police in the World  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What country have best Police in the World

I think we can all agree that apples are good.

But yeah, didn't we have a similar, but quite distinct discussion during Katrina? Cops were leaving their duty postings.

My view, then and now, is that you are in uniform to protect the public. You don't get to take personal matters into that uniform.

So, you make sacrifices, and you adhere to high standards, and you should get some respect for doing so.

I'm not clear that many of those who are attacking the cops for letting down the uniform have the faintest respect for that uniform whatever the circumstances.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

But yeah, didn't we have a similar, but quite distinct discussion during Katrina? Cops were leaving their duty postings.

My view, then and now, is that you are in uniform to protect the public. You don't get to take personal matters into that uniform.

So, you make sacrifices, and you adhere to high standards, and you should get some respect for doing so.

I'm not clear that many of those who are attacking the cops for letting down the uniform have the faintest respect for that uniform whatever the circumstances.

Personally, I don't respect uniforms. 

I respect the men and and women that may be behind them in accordance to their actions. 

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

I respect the men and and women that may be behind them in accordance to their actions. 

You spend some time in jail NKKKK? Maybe that's where your attitude towards the Police comes from...... :ermm:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

You spend some time in jail NKKKK? Maybe that's where your attitude towards the Police comes from...... :ermm:

Really? Someone has to have been on the wrong side of the law to be concerned about overreaching law enforcement?

I'm disappointed in you. 

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

Not to me personally but when I lived in NYC I saw a couple of stop and frisks get pretty ugly

EDIT: Also, not assault but a few cases of corruption in my local hometown PD and not all of which were acted on 

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

"Does anyone here have any personal experiences where they have been assaulted by police?"

I'm never been a rape victim either .. doesn't change the fact that I find rapists sucmbags. Just because a police officer as never assaulted me personally doesn't mean I'm gonna give a free pass to those officiers who have assaulted innocent people. Just like I'll praise the police officiers who go above and beyond the call of duty,

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Does anyone here have any personal experiences where they have been assaulted by police?

Nope, but not sure what that is meant to prove.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Really? Someone has to have been on the wrong side of the law to be concerned about overreaching law enforcement?

I'm disappointed in you. 

You right I apologize, I see what you are saying. You are concerned with abuse from the police and I guess what you saying is that human beings are fallible and that applies to police as well

Does anyone here have any personal experiences where they have been assaulted by police?

I have never been assaulted but I have had to pay several bribes, I know that's not the same as being assaulted but if you get cheeky with South African there is the real possibility of them getting violent. I understand this as South African police are under immense psychological pressure as they are target by criminals and  we have at least a few hundred police who get killed every year

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The last thing you want to do is antagonize them or get cheeky,

Even if you are being "cheeky" or "antagonizing" which is not a good way to call standing up for your rights and not answering any questions you don't feel like, as long as you're in the boundaries of the law it shouldn't matter. 

They need to be held to higher standard.

In context the guy have been talking about his country with relatively high levels of violent crime, where the police is under immense pressure. So what he said is basic common sense.

You are right as well, as long as you know how to pick your battles i.e. the right place to hold police accountable is not by arguing with armed under paid/appreciated overworked cop in high pressure job.. (especially if you live in third world countries)

EDIT:

Btw all of this reminded me this old video:

Edited by Mor
  • Like 1

Now that I think about it I've seen a copper just **** someone with a truncheon. But it looked like the end of a situation, rather than him just doing it.

Policing has come a long way in the last twenty years. But that statement carries the recognition that it came from somewhere worse. i just think it hinders further improvement if the cops don't get any credit as a consequence.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

• 2 weeks later...

Australian police all the way, observe.

The action starts at about the 1 Min mark.

Edited by BLnoT
  • Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day...

Set a man on fire and he will be warm the rest of his life...

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f23CPcTdY2M

“Our domestic policy is very specific. Without going into detail, this young woman has broken the law, and we were attempting to place her under arrest and she began to resist," he said to the people watching. “I’m doing my best not to hurt that girl. Our mandate is to affect arrests while doing the minimum amount of damage to people as possible. And that’s what I tried to do.”

Why they need to be on camera constantly. They behave so well when they know they are, heh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Why they need to be on camera constantly. They behave so well when they know they are, heh.

Most departments are getting there.  In my city they all carry cameras on their chest, as well as the vehicle cams.

It's the best defense against false reports of abuse and litigation.

• Like 1

In those cases the cameras will just have an unexpected failure. Funny that you mentioned it as a defense for the cops against the public

The old 'if you've got nothing to hide' concept, eh?

I can probably live with cameras on cops. But I think that at the point where cameras are necessary then something is already badly wrong. Cameras are a technical solution to a human problem.

-Elwood Blues

What do you folks think is the percentage of actual police brutality versus false claims of brutality?

Take the video above, the girl is clearly resisting.  Do you consider that police brutality?  It looks like a pretty standard procedural arrest.  It's very nice the officer was willing to explain himself afterwards.

Resisting arrest is a dumb idea, the police have the right to take you into custody.  

Korean Riot Police is pretty badass

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

The old 'if you've got nothing to hide' concept, eh?

I can probably live with cameras on cops. But I think that at the point where cameras are necessary then something is already badly wrong. Cameras are a technical solution to a human problem.

Well they use it themselves, so tears from cops on it would be amusing.  They are public servants, even if some of them are deluded otherwise.  But you are right that requiring them to be monitored this way is a bad sign in of itself. 

What do you folks think is the percentage of actual police brutality versus false claims of brutality?

Take the video above, the girl is clearly resisting.  Do you consider that police brutality?  It looks like a pretty standard procedural arrest.  It's very nice the officer was willing to explain himself afterwards.

Resisting arrest is a dumb idea, the police have the right to take you into custody.  

Depends on the police force, naturally and your definition of brutality.  Heh, as for the cop being very nice for that, again the camera helps.