What you did today

Rosbjerg

Not so much what I did today, as who I saw. Saw again, at random. She might be an angel in real life, though I've never seen her face.

An ultra-rare being with a black Arai helmet, a green ZX-10, and hips better-defined than a 458 Italia's. The first time I saw her, was at Chevron on Birmingham, topping off at dusk in full gear: jacket, gloves, boots, and that Arai, visor down. She left the station and I swooned. Dude, only military and thrill-junkies ride sportbikes (mine is a CBR), and here was this trim, 105lb female taking off with all the grace that only total control brings. Today I drove the cage home, and there she was again, turning off of Marron onto Monroe, still lithe and lovely. Just the third time I've seen her in three years. I know, pics, or she's not real, but that bike has 160 horsepower ... she is impossible to capture on film.

2008_ZX10R_Green_Static_zps5390acdb.jpg

Girls ride these, too! Maybe only one in the whole world.

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

A guy walked over to me last night and asked "Are you a Jedi?" - haha.. It's certainly something I'm gonna pretend to be from now on!!

Feel better today, even though I haven't slept much more than 8ish hours in the last 48. But I'm not manic as I was yesterday.

Fortune favors the bald.

Taking ex girlfriend out to dinner tonight. For some reason I'm a little nervous. And I never get nervous about anything. 

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Starting a week and a half of holidays. Gonna fix up the house a bit. Paint the outside trim around all the windows.

But first, I'm making recovery discs for my mom's new laptop. As much as I hated Vista and 7 for needlessly changing stuff around; I can honestly say I haven't threatened to start smashing the screen like the way Win8 has. With Vista and 7, I just swore at the screen alot as I try to find "Save As", "Page Setup" and regular old "Print" menu.

This takes stupid to a whole new hidden level.

EDIT: Who the heck decided that they should get rid of the one menu bar that had everything in it? I don't care how cluttered that is, it's an organized clutter. Yes, I'm one of those people that likes as little clutter as humanly possible on my desktop. Recycle Bin, Windows Explorer, Firefox, 1 or 2 current programs. That's all.

Edited by babaganoosh13
  • Like 1

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

And now I've just found out that Win 8 doesn't accept WEP-128. So now I have to change the network settings on all of their devices for this? Not only that, but I have to make sure it's a type all of them will accept. F Microsoft! I'll see if there's a work-around and add it to Win 8. That has to be less time-consuming than tracking down every bloody wireless device here.

Dag nab it MS! Not everyone is a young or middle age white dude with all the newest gadgets, while they toss out last years model.

EDIT: Got it to work while plugging a network cable in and manually connecting to a wireless network, connecting to both at once, then dropping the network cable. Without hard wiring the first time, I lost all of the available networks and had to roll back the driver.

Pain in the butt.

Edited by babaganoosh13

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Just had to do a run up into London with dad to pick up one of those hospital style motorised beds for mom. Her old one is acting possessed so she managed to get a relatively new one via ebay. Of course, she didn't tell anyone about it until noon today when it was cheerfully announced "oh you have to go and get this this afternoon"..  after everyone had allready sorted plans out.

Then the hour and a half trip there, get everything packed into the car, hour and a half back home..  as we walk in the door find mom on the phone with the person who sold it who happens to be saying "oh, there's half the bed they didn't take with them."

Which is annoying by the fact that we did take everything, all the bits and pieces they set out for us, and they waited until that late before calling about it.. and now we have another 3 hour trip to fit in at some point in the next few days to pick it up.

Ah well. I'm going to grab a shower and then arrive at a friends bbq a bit late, so let loose the general frustrations to sit around a fire and enjoy cooked meats,  a hopefully starry night sky, along with some friends and booze of various sorts..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I've got the day off, so I plan to relax with the gf when she gets off work.

A guy walked over to me last night and asked "Are you a Jedi?" - haha.. It's certainly something I'm gonna pretend to be from now on!!

Feel better today, even though I haven't slept much more than 8ish hours in the last 48. But I'm not manic as I was yesterday.

Being a Jedi and Lex Luthor seems like it would take quite a time.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I was typing out a story about helping a friend pick up a baby sled that I drove back roads for about an hour looking for, only to save about $5 from the regular price at Home Hardware, when Windows 8 said I ran out of memory, and kicked me out of Firefox. It has 8GB, and I don't think anything else was running, besides Norton. I might have to uninstall that.

EDIT: Internet's working, restore discs made. I'm done with it.

Edited by babaganoosh13

Not much, it's summer and all that stuff. Tried playing E.Y.E but got distracted buy Planescape: Torment again! 

I also spent watching some more dog videos on youtube. I am thinking of adopting one. My favorites happen to be the Pembroke Welsh Corgi and the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel so far. The CKCS seems to be easier to maintain from what I have read, but I still  prefer a PWC to any other breed, they are simply adorable.

MTS_Munchies-837326-Pembroke_Welsh_Corgi

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

We are going to an international dance event tonight, there will be loads of ladies running around  and  the music will be excellent :dancing:

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?494025

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Almost 100F today. Me no likey. :sweat:

Gotta recharge that auto A/C sometime soon, too. It's probably 150F in there. Ha.

Edit: It's gone up 2 degrees since I posted (website numbers, not my own thermometer). :p Predictions are it'll last into next week. I put out extra water for outdoor kitty, in the shade of course.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It's basically the same here, and I'm loving the weather! Managed to mow the lawns, trim the edges and get started on trimming the hedge. :)

This is perfect, though the rain was annoying, could've done without that.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

It felt like dotday went like this: it was raining for one hour and then it was sunny for one hour.

I was going to take my big as... I mean my Greek God body and go for a run but instead, I decided to lift some weights at home.

• Like 1

It was 106F here. Being outside for more than ten minutes resulted in being covered in sweat.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I bought a new car today! 

Well, it's a 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, but it's new to me.  I had a Jeep Grand Cherokee, and I loved it, but it wasn't a very good commuter car and we recently bought a family car that fits all our peeps and stuff.  So I traded my jeep for a hybrid.  It's pretty high tech actually, works really well with my phone and has a microsoft label right on the dash.  I haven't had any blue screens of death yet, so that's nice.

Up betimes, and with a sore head.

Sunburned across my face and forearms like a proper English oik.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

And now I've just found out that Win 8 doesn't accept WEP-128. So now I have to change the network settings on all of their devices for this? Not only that, but I have to make sure it's a type all of them will accept. F Microsoft! I'll see if there's a work-around and add it to Win 8. That has to be less time-consuming than tracking down every bloody wireless device here.

Dag nab it MS! Not everyone is a young or middle age white dude with all the newest gadgets, while they toss out last years model.

EDIT: Got it to work while plugging a network cable in and manually connecting to a wireless network, connecting to both at once, then dropping the network cable. Without hard wiring the first time, I lost all of the available networks and had to roll back the driver.

Pain in the butt.

Of course, since wep is critically flawed, you might just as well run an open network. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Pain in the butt.

Of course, since wep is critically flawed, you might just as well run an open network. :p

A padlock is still something...

------

My mom was yelling at it as well last night, trying to install her camera software. I wonder if you can use the Windows 7 upgrade kit on Win8, or if you have to get the full version. :lol:

Sometimes, I "make" hubby watch stuff like voice talent shows or cute-kitten videos he has no real interest in. And sometimes, hubby "makes" me watch stupid movies like "The Watch," that substitute asinine idiocy for actual wit. And thus, our marriage continues around in that never ending circle that relationships know as loving tolerance.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Oy vey. Mom tried to take advantage of Virgin's "switch over your phone line, broadband and tv to us and we'll charge you half price for the first 6 months", only to get told that she can't do that, because we have  a second phone line in the house that happens to be Virgin already.

So then I phone up and ask about it, and they're perfectly willing to do it for me.  The weirdness of how things are set up. They even brought up that the virgin phone line was there, but didn't count it because it's in her name. The joys of it all.

And what was meant to be a pleasant sunday afternoon getting some solid gaming in.. Turned into 10 minutes of gaming, interuption, take care of, lose half an hour dealing with, get back to gaming, 10 minutes in, interuption, spend an hour dismantling a bed, get back to gaming, 10 minutes in... 

Hiding from the heat then perhaps going out to dinner with some folk in the evening.