Prism Program ( Big Brother gone too far?)

BruceVC

Except between human nature and the fact there is undisputable statistical evidence that Tea Party groups et al were targeted my guarantee that no liberal groups were targeted in the same way, while not rising to the equivalent of scientific Law, certainly clears the equivalent of Theory.

No one is disputing that groups with "Tea Party" somewhere in their name were scrutinized, that is a well known fact. I'm asking you to prove that no liberal organization was scrutinized to the same degree, as you said you could.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Well, I can't see what I'm agreeing with, but may be I'm not understanding the discussion.

The fact that there is no evidence to even suggest that liberal groups were magically found and given different instructions on how to go about getting their exemptions.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

*cough*

I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but the conclusion I'd draw is what I already know:

Liberal groups are pretty ****ing useless and don't constitute a security threat.

• Like 2

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

So we'll pretend to be liberal, run on a democratic platform but then do everything opposite. We'll be like Obama!

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

So we'll pretend to be liberal, run on a democratic platform but then do everything opposite. We'll be like Obama!

Finally, I can have that drone army i always wanted!

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

In all fairness Obama branded himself as a moderate when running.

Your post is still unfortunately true.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

I don't know what Obama is. Moderate certainly does not come to mind. I would not call him a liberal in the classic sense of the word either because he does not give a damn about individual rights and is nothing short of hostile to anything resembling freedom. I guess the two words I'd use are authoritarian statist. But hey, he once said that all money was the property of the government before he became President. Given everything he has said and the people he has surrounded himself with (Van Jones anyone) if you are surprised by anything he's done then you were not paying attention.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I don't know about surprise. But many people I like voted for him, and I feel ...perhaps disappointed on their behalf.

His official line of "Lets change everything we're doing and be nice" struck me as political homeopathy, but it doesn't mean I can't feel sympathetic to the patient.

-Elwood Blues

I don't know what Obama is. Moderate certainly does not come to mind. I would not call him a liberal in the classic sense of the word either because he does not give a damn about individual rights and is nothing short of hostile to anything resembling freedom. I guess the two words I'd use are authoritarian statist. But hey, he once said that all money was the property of the government before he became President. Given everything he has said and the people he has surrounded himself with (Van Jones anyone) if you are surprised by anything he's done then you were not paying attention.

Oh I agree about the statist bit(and would argue that any candidate nominated by the Republican or Democratic parties are), but I was referring to how he branded himself when running for office.

• Like 1

- "Political Homeopathy"

That's an expression that i haven't heard before, but i will most certainly use it in the future.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I get the feeling that a while after his term is over Republicans are going to love the guy, probably they will herald him as the next Reagan.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

- "Political Homeopathy"

That's an expression that i haven't heard before, but i will most certainly use it in the future.

The company of the forum inspires the occasional win.

-Elwood Blues

I get the feeling that a while after his term is over Republicans are going to love the guy, probably they will herald him as the next Reagan.

:lol:  No. Just.... no.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Wow looks like the US has been spying on everyone, not just it's own citizens. http://www.cnbc.com/id/100854854.

So President Obama, tell me, you said you were going to restore the USAs standing in the world. How's that going?  Hmmm did I just hear a drone fly over?

Thomas Sowell

Lets see, got involved in a war, deported record numbers of immigrants, hawkish military stance, spying on people to stop terrorism, and possibly flipping the bird to Europe(by bugging the EU offices). Yeah, that actually sounds like something a Republican would love.

Of course, the real problem might not be Obama himself, but rather the culture of fear that has infected the US government since the 9/11 attack. Both major political parties seem more than willing to go along with Prism and the like, and I doubt that a Romney presidency would have been much different, other than who would be complaining that the IRS targeted them after a mid-term election.

Don't blame me, I voted Ron Paul?

(might have been interesting to see if he'd actually stuck to principles if he'd won, but that was never going to happen anyway)

To be honest, I highly doubt he would. He was one of the biggest pork barellers in congress, despite being against earmarks*. Even if he did, the legislative branch could have passed Prism without fear of veto. IMO, the only way to change the US government is to change congress, but with gerrymandered districts and blind party voters(those who will vote for the party nominee no matter what) that is highly unlikely.

*while he didn't actually vote for it, he would insert pork that benefitted his district on bills that were highly likely to pass.

...Vladimir Putin, defender of free speech. Sits a wee bit uncomfortably, doesn't it?

-Elwood Blues

Sooooooo, Sky News has just reported that Snowden has agreed to asylum in Venezuela. Now I wonder how he will get there considering the fact that certain countries he wants to fly over will detain the plane?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Don't worry. There will be a people's revolution in Venezuela soon, where the paragon of the revolution for freedom, Capriles, will be more than glad to extradite Snowden to the states. 

People will celebrate and finally exhale as they are once again free to what the governments tell them to.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Don't worry. There will be a people's revolution in Venezuela soon, where the paragon of the revolution for freedom, Capriles, will be more than glad to extradite Snowden to the states. 

People will celebrate and finally exhale as they are once again free to what the governments tell them to.

1. A revolution (from the Latin revolutio, "a turn around") is a fundamental change in power or organizational structures that takes place in a relatively short period of time. Changing one government (national) to another (pro-West puppets) is not revolution. It's, Coup d'état, or putch or overthrow. Stop using honorable term to neoliberal dirty foreign politics. Revolutions extremely rare ( French Revolution, October Revolution, Cuban Revolution ) and they have significant influence to whole World.  

2. Venezuela have leftist people-oriented government now, people revolution can't be here, only counterrevolution.

3. Every year after USSR dissolving some "experts" crying about near revolution in Russia. We laugh when yet another "expert" cry about near revolution somewhere.  People are lazy and don't want die for glory of some foreign nation. All last putches  performed by mercenaries and even these professionals often fail (as we see in Syria now). And mercs want money, huge amount of money, even such rich nation as USA cant paid to them constantly.  In other word US can't causing two rebellion's in different states in same times, near overthrow in Venezuela is fantasy. Snowden as ex-CIA member known this, anyway this guy better informed about  real world than typical US commoner. If he make decision go to Venezuela -  it's mean near rebellion cant be here.

tumblr_mpg1hr7sOF1syjxx8o1_1280.jpg

Your bot lacks the "sarcasm-detector.bat" routine. Please install.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy