What are you playing now?

Guest Slinky

Fallout 1&2 with widescreen mod lag the crap out on my pc if I have vertical sync on in display settings.

Not the same game, but worth the try.

Hmm, I should have tested that back when I tried Fallout hi-res. Eventually I compromised and picked a middling resolution - 16x12 or something old school like that, and it played acceptably.

Anyway, playing at the default resolution (installed fan patch only) didn't fix the issue. But looks like appending the options -doublebuffer -no3d to the shortcut did. Now going to test it with the high-res patch.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Fire Emblem: Awakening. I can play this despite my hurting finger.

I've reached chapter 10. The story is okay, but it is the character interactions I have liked the most. I enjoy the combat and the story encounters are challenging but very fun. Upgraded the main character's and Chrom's classes. They are beasts on the battlefield. Currently not playing with perma death. I just want to get through the story with everyone alive before the real fun begins on playthrough #2.

Penny-Arcade Adventures: Episode 4

I loved 3 and thought it the best of the franchise. So far that's true, the humor in the previous was more frequent. But I still really like this one and it seems to have a more solid storyline propelling it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Had a good SMAC game as the Spartans, managed to avoid being killed in my infancy by stealing missile tech from the University then beat them so badly I got them as a serf. With them gifting me tech and a continent to myself, teching was pretty easy.

Trying to cross an ocean to invade another landmass sure can be a pain but managed to do that and got onto the continent with the Peacekeepers and Hive, beat the Hive up but then they sued for peace. Problem with that was the Peacekeepers beating them up, so had to betray the Hive and wipe them out (else Lal gets those bases!).

All that's left now is to cross another ocean and kill Miriam off before Deirdre does. Then kill Deirdre. Hm, or maybe kill her on the way to Miriam.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Won as Yang in my SMAC game, decided to wait until I had gravships and then I just murdered everyone single faction that disagreed with me... Good fun..

Fortune favors the bald.

Someday I'll end a game without killing everyone. Singularity planet busters are too tempting though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I never use planet busters, they are scary man (plus I almost always play green) .. I've done no violence as Lal, where I would pay off everyone who tried to attack me and go out of my way to be a pacifist. It's actually difficult. But it's easier to win a diplomatic victory as the AI sees you as rather harmless.

Also, today I found out that roads pollute.. I had no idea lol.

Fortune favors the bald.

I never use planet busters, they are scary man (plus I almost always play green) .. I've done no violence as Lal, where I would pay off everyone who tried to attack me and go out of my way to be a pacifist. It's actually difficult. But it's easier to win a diplomatic victory as the AI sees you as rather harmless.

Hippy.

The planet buster was a surprise when I first used it. Was sitting there and boom goes 33 squares, was certainly a 'whoa' moment for my 16 year old self :lol: I guess I'm too prideful to be peaceful by caving in to them all the time, especially with the jerk tone in the text :p

• Like 1

I've only used Planet Busters against the aliens. They kept picking fights with my beloved Peacekeepers, so I introduced them to chemical weapons, genocide, Planet Busters, and harsh words. The rest of human factions and the Planet don't seem to care once the Charter is repealed.

GRID 2.  I'm into season 3 and starting to get some pretty fast vehicles.  At first I got scared when season 3 started because it was initially centered around Asia, so I figured they'd make me do drifting races, which I am not a fan of.  I was extremely pleased to find out that they wanted me to do Touge races instead.  I love me some Touge.  Not only is it NOT drifting, it's only me and one other driver going mono a mono which has the added bonus of removing all but one of the 8 or 9 other drivers I have to go through to get to the front normally (it wouldn't be such a problem if the races weren't so short, but they are which means I don't have time to pick and choose my passing areas).  I'm sure they'll make me do some drifting somewhere in there, but at least I now know that won't be the whole season.  Hopefully I get to use the sweet Nismo R34 GTR Z-Tune I scooped up at the beginning of the season for most, or better yet all, races.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It's been a long weekend in Australia, so I finally got around to put some "serious" time into SWTor. 'Gorth' the bounty hunter is now level 35. Of course, 'Gorth' is soon to be 'Ex-Gorth' because of the forced server account migrations and some low-life, upstart gorth-wannabe is hogging the name on the server my character is destined for >_

I checked the other possible alternative server, but that was a no go too. No idea what I'm going to call myself. My character(s) have always been 'Gorth' the last 30 years.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I think they were allowing transfers to anywhere you liked? Then for any characters not manually transferred via the account management, they get moved to a default server.

I don't think I'll bother managing mine, doubt I'll come back to it with the extra latency when it was clunky already on sub-20ms pings.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

It's been a long weekend in Australia, so I finally got around to put some "serious" time into SWTor. 'Gorth' the bounty hunter is now level 35. Of course, 'Gorth' is soon to be 'Ex-Gorth' because of the forced server account migrations and some low-life, upstart gorth-wannabe is hogging the name on the server my character is destined for >_<

I checked the other possible alternative server, but that was a no go too. No idea what I'm going to call myself. My character(s) have always been 'Gorth' the last 30 years.

How about Better Than Gorth or BetterThanGorth or Better_Than_Gorth? (not sure if they let you use spaces)

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I never planet bust either. I usually win before they show up.

Or pummel anyone who starts building one. Yay for infiltration!

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

How about Better Than Gorth or BetterThanGorth or Better_Than_Gorth? (not sure if they let you use spaces)

Nah, it wouldn't be the same :(

After transferring a few characters across, I noticed one significant difference. In the last couple of months, I'd added 2 players to my ignore list. After 24 hours in a new place, I'd added 30, then I gave up and disabled general chat. The inanities were just painful :wacko:

At least the lag wasn't as bad as feared, only 3-5 times higher. I tried creating a test character on an east coast and one on a European server and it jumped from 48 ms to 700-800 ms. Not good. West coast servers it is :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

It's been a long weekend in Australia, so I finally got around to put some "serious" time into SWTor. 'Gorth' the bounty hunter is now level 35. Of course, 'Gorth' is soon to be 'Ex-Gorth' because of the forced server account migrations and some low-life, upstart gorth-wannabe is hogging the name on the server my character is destined for >_<

I would think that is obvious "Gorthfusius the Omnipotent "  ?

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'm halfway through Episode 3 of The Walking Dead, so far I've seen quite a few illogical situations and heard some badly delivered lines but somehow they aren't massively detracting from the experience, I'm genuinely interested in seeing what happens to the characters...also Kenny is a prick.

In fact they're all pricks, I'm pretty much doing what I'd really do in that situation, trying to keep the peace amongst a bunch of morons while secretly waiting for a good chance to ditch the lot of them  :lol:

Nah, it wouldn't be the same :(

Alas, poor Gorth! ... I knew him, forumites: a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy ...

I would think that is obvious "Gorthfusius the Omnipotent "  ?

The Gorth With No Name ?
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I think it's impolite to discuss Gorth's potence issues in public.

:grin: You funny

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Lots of ways to make a Gorth sounding nickname. Or just report the guy for having an inappropriate nickname and hope they buy a tale it's a profanity or something.

It's '****' in several dead and a few non-existing languages... I'm so going to demand they force the imposter to change ;)

Still playing Penny Arcade 4. Shadow Hearts: Covenant arrived, so I'll be hitting that up with a break for Last of Us once this is done.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."