What you did today

Rosbjerg

Played Mario Party 3 on the N64 with two other friends and a computer today. The computer was extremely stupid, and passed up so many chances to get stars. One of my friends had 7 stars, and the other two of us had 4 each, and the computer had 2. On the last turn, when there was basically no hope of anyone but that friend with 7 stars winning, I ended up hitting a Chance block, which is where there's a chance somebody gives somebody else's a certain quantity of a certain item. I accidentally selected myself as the giver, and then selected the computer as the receiver, and finally, to top it all off, I accidentally selected all my stars to be given. The computer ended up winning two bonus stars and proceeded to beat us all.

Most ridiculous game of Mario Party I've ever played.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

In bed by ten last night. Damned strange, but slept well.

Raging thirst for coffee this morning. I need to reconnect and clean my printer to do teh firstjob on my list today. The prospect is so boring I am just sitting here not doing it.

I have decided I need some enlivening factors to get more done. My favourite idea so far is homicidal strippers attacking my office.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

For some reason I have a sore throat and thumping head. I kind of feel as if I spent the night smoking half a dozen cigards and throwing back even more glasses of rough whisky. Unfortunatley, I did neither. So I have no clue what's brought this on. Cup of tea and figuring out what I'm capable of poking at this morning..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Sounds like a mild throat infection. Typical at this time of year when we get out more and get in contact with all kinds of virus and bacteria. I usually just down a shot or two of vodka and sleep it off. That usually kills it before it becomes a nuisance.

Fortune favors the bald.

For some reason I have a sore throat and thumping head. I kind of feel as if I spent the night smoking half a dozen cigards and throwing back even more glasses of rough whisky. Unfortunatley, I did neither. So I have no clue what's brought this on. Cup of tea and figuring out what I'm capable of poking at this morning..

Do you snore?

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Do you snore?

Man has a point.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Do you snore?

Not that anyone's told me.. But then maybe they've just been politely not mentioning it..

Hm, on a totally random thing, I think the quote for the day comes from a friend "I'm not saying that the sex was good, I'm saying even the neighbours had to smoke a cigarete after".

• Like 4

Hubby snores loud enough to wake the dead (sleep apnea). It's not cute little snuffles, it's full bore, can hear through 2 shut doors buzzsawing that makes your ears ring. Which is yet another reason I'm often up late and sometimes I end up coming in here and sleeping on the daybed in this room. Love him madly, but I also like getting good sleep. Luckily, one doesn't have to always sleep with someone to have fun with someone. :dancing:

Not sure whether to try to see the Star Trek movie today, alone, or wait until Tues afternoon when hubs will likely be willing to go with me. Or both. I'd like to see it now, but I hate huge crowds....

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Luckily, one doesn't have to always sleep with someone to have fun with someone. :dancing:

<Bill Hicks> You go dancing up to cripple people too, you twisted ****? </Bill Hicks>

-Elwood Blues

I have a feeling I'm getting nothing done today. It has taken a maximum effort of will just to get up, make coffee and sit down at the computer. Sounds like a good day to watch DVDs and wait for the Rays game to come on at 3. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Couldn't sleep, up betimes and working. Ran errands. Now plan a short gaming session then back to work.

Feels good to be busy but obviously not up to speed yet.

-Elwood Blues

Forgot why I hate long weekends, stuck with the family.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Still feeling cruddy. Only made worse today by a general malaise and "ugh" feeling of down/depression. 

Decided to pretty much say feck it all and ignore the world today.

Then of course my sister and mother get into something, no idea what, so they're just sniping at and doing stuff to irritate the other. 

I can't be arsed to mediate it today, so I'm ignoring that as well.

Still feeling cruddy. Only made worse today by a general malaise and "ugh" feeling of down/depression. 

Decided to pretty much say feck it all and ignore the world today.

Then of course my sister and mother get into something, no idea what, so they're just sniping at and doing stuff to irritate the other. 

I can't be arsed to mediate it today, so I'm ignoring that as well.

I'm having an ignore the world day too, phone on silent, vodka in the fridge :)

Weather's too nice here to have an ignore the world day.

I am, however, debating making excuses not to attend a Eurovision 'party', and just doing some more work. I have roasting lamb on standby in the fridge, and a stupendous array of bottled beer on hand. Plus a stack of books two feet high.

Pretty unequal decision.

-Elwood Blues

My wife and I renewed our vows today for out 10 year anniversary.  It was pretty emotional, lightened up by my son running circles around the pew in the church. :)

Now I'm taking a break before the BBQ we are throwing to celebrate.  You are all invited  :biggrin:

• Like 7

Roast in the oven, singing a few old classics, and waiting for the beer to cool, sipping hot green tea. I can't concentrate for ****, but luckily I plan ahead for this sort of thing and have a list of tasks to be done when incompetent.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

My wife and I renewed our vows today for out 10 year anniversary.  It was pretty emotional, lightened up by my son running circles around the pew in the church. :)

Now I'm taking a break before the BBQ we are throwing to celebrate.  You are all invited  :biggrin:

Congrats to you and the missus Hurlie! I'm afraid I won't be able to come though. I don't think I could make it from Memphis to San Francisco before the champagne & BBQ run out!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'll be there in spirit Hurlie and I'll raise a glass to you and the missus later.. Perfect day here in Copenhagen, literally the best day of the year so far. Woke up with a pretty lady next to me, scantly clad girls in my dorms garden (perfect morning view), beer, good friends lots of sun and fun. I almost shed a tear of joy. Life is good.

And now I'm off to a night of mischief. :)

Fortune favors the bald.

I'll be right down! ;)

Congrats on the 10 years and vow renewal...pretty awesome.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts