What you did today

Rosbjerg

Hm, somehow I seem to have pulled a muscle in the back of my thigh. Which is proving.. irritating.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Hm, somehow I seem to have pulled a muscle in the back of my thigh. Which is proving.. irritating.

I told it was dangerous to go about hoofing people in the spuds. I just didn't think it would be like that.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Armed with a 10kg hammer, some rope, a fire axe and a chainsaw I spent my free day helping a friend demolish and remove an old wooden ramshackle hut, boy that was some hard work. I stepped on a big nail, almost fell into a trash compactor, got nearly incapacitated by a falling roof, my arms look like I had an accident with a blender and my trousers are ripped to shreds. Also pulled a muscle in my neck when lifting a heavy wooden beam and I'm still removing wooden splinters from my hands.

And all that for a ''thanks for the help''.  

...though I have to say that smashing stuff with a huge hammer is way more fun than it should be. :shifty:

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

^Remember, lift with your knees. :p

Amen and hallelujah to that.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Had a random glance at FHM's Top 100 Sexiest Women of 2013 out of curiousity. Don't know over half of the women mentioned, and having that slightly scary moment when I see that Emma Watson is up there at around #62.  Now I feel old.

• Like 2

She has. Certainly with an elegant poise. A bit beyond the semi-tousled hair kid from that first movie.

I have to admit I'm surprised at some of the order on that list, but eh.

Sexy women in movies ended with Russ Meyer. :p

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

... I'm sitting here at my desk ensuring that my phone is near me so that I can easily get it if it goes off.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Hubby brought home one of those Acer Iconia W700 thingies (client wanted him to look at it to see if they'd be good employee option vs. iPads). Don't know what "version" but it looked like this.

The display looked great, altho the 1080 resolution made menu's really "small" for the screen size. Bumping it down to 1600x900 was easier on my old eyes. It had a funky pen tool if your fingers are too big to double tap the menus. :p Having it actually be Windows/programs (vs. just "an app") is very nice, and I liked the physical KB, but it's a bit heavy vs. an iPad and the KB arrangement made it seem like it wouldn't be all that great for, say, sitting it on your lap in a park. And for it's supposed price, not sure why one would buy it vs. an actual small laptop/notebook.

But it was fun to look at. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Still praying that I get a call from the Bank about that job, but started printing out the 15 pages (!) of applications etc for a job as a driver for an airport shuttle company.

Yay for doubleposting v.v

Didn't get the job (curse) now going through the process of being a bus driver for Cyride (the local bus system)

A couple of days ago, a co-worker made a "joke" about me that I felt was really offensive. I was playing cards with one of the kids when him and I started joking, and suddenly out of nowhere, she more or less calls me filth. This wasn't the first time she had made idiotic remarks, but this time she went way over overboard.

I was really upset, but didn't do anything at the time other than telling her that it was a stupid thing to say. As I said, I work with kids and there were many of them around when she said this (in my opinion) stupid thing. It was also at the end of my shift, so I decided to leave it be. Didn't say a single word to her today. whenever she wanted to come to me and talk, I just walked away. The amusing part is that she probably didn't know why I treated her like this. I refused to do anything that meant working close to her. I'm usually the one playing football with the kids, but when I saw her with them, I told my other co-workers that I had no intention of going there. Later, she came from behind, so I couldn't get away. She made another stupid joke, like that would help, but I just shrugged her off. You don't call people filth, especially not in front of children.

I've been angry with myself, more than I have been angry with her. I know there were kids around, but I should have said something. Yesterday and today, I've felt like a spineless coward which is a feeling I'm not used to. I keep telling myself that it was a good move to not get aggressive in front of the children, but I'm usually not a person that lets these kind of things slide. It just feels like it was to late to say something today (did not work yesterday). The good thing is that I did learn a lesson: Me not letting things slide is a good thing. This was the first and last time I shut up when something like this happens.

What was the joke ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'd rather not go into details, but the whole point is that she meant that I'm filth. She's said things that I've reacted to before, but they weren't as bad as this. You simply don't say anything like that to another person. Oh well, I don't have many days at this place either way. My contract runs out June 30th and it doesn't seem like they have any interest in renewing it.

Alright, on our team we insult each other a fair amount with little jibes about being dumb, slackers, etc. so was curious what the remark was to gauge it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Oh, I joke a lot with most of my co-workers. It's actually a really fun place to work at. It's just that I don't joke with her. I tell people they are stupid, I'll kick their ass and whatnot on a daily basis and they do the same with me. When people from other sections hear us speak like that with eachother, they usually get a shocked expression on their face and quickly walk away. We jokingly insult eachother all the time, but we know there are limits to what you can say. I've only ever been offended by things she's said. I don't want to pull the racist card, but that's how her remarks/jokes feel to me.

Busting my co-workers balls is half the fun. We joke everywhere, all the time.

Could it be her way of trying to fit it? Is it just you she does that to?

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

For some reason I slept all day.

I saw very wierd dreams, including one in which I was Sansa Stark, part of the Winterfell Rugby Team and had been assigned to guard Arya, our newest and fastest player, so she could score. This included flying tackles at opposing players such as Sandor Clegane, dragging them down into the mud. Arya did score and we did win.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Last night I attended my daughters middle school rendition of Fiddler on the Roof, Jr. I had never seen that play in any form so it was good fun and they have some surprisingly talented singers.

As somebody who appeared in a community theater production of Fiddler when he was roughly middle-school-aged (as the character known only as "The Rabbi"), I have to wonder what is meant by the "Jr."?  Did they somehow re-write the story with no pogroms or something?  ("That guy Tevye sure is poor!  And his 3 daughters get married!  Mazeltov! Close curtain.") 

Anyhow, the in-laws are in town.  I drove them out to Shenandoah Nat'l Park and we took a short hike to a spot of some familial emotional resonance (i.e., where we scattered the ashes of our stillborn son).  Got as close as I've ever been to a bear in the wild, and she had 3 cubs with her.  When I first spotted her (long after she had heard me coming, I'm sure), she was probably only 40 feet away.  Thankfully, both she (with her cubs) and I (with my wife and in-laws) were content to keep moving in different directions.  Neat experience.  

Edited by Enoch

Could it be her way of trying to fit it? Is it just you she does that to?

Just me. She doesn't need to fit in, she's been working at the same place for 20 years.

Anyway, let's forget about her. The weather outside is great. Some raki and grilled meat would be heavenly right now.

Reading Labadal & Calax's posts make me realize how happy I am with my current profession. I don't have employees or managers. Only partners and I very rarely see any of them face to face.  Unless seeing them on a computer screen counts.

I'm going back to Oklahoma & Nebraska for the next few days. Time to wrap those projects up. I was thinking of taking a little vacation up in Wyoming at Medicine Bow National Park and do some fishing. We'll see how the weather looks. It's been pretty doggone cold for May. I think the Global Warming crown might have it backwards! :lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell