Torment: Tides of Numenera

Gorth

-Music is great though I think that horn makes it feel a bit too close to PS:T, feels a bit cheap-o.

As both games have their soundtrack composed by Mark Morgan and T:ToN at least tries to be spiritual successor for the PS:T, I wouldn't be too surprised if Morgan has used/will use some of his tracks from PS:T in some way in T:ToN.

I mean, overall, this game concept is absurdly brave of InXile in some respects:

-They are making a text-heavy game

-They are cramming it with heavy deep-head stuff: philosophy, ethics, and alternative sociocultural evolutionary strands 

-They make it so that there's no need for killing stuff whatsoever (at least if playing your cards in particular way)

-They focus on plenty of changes your protagonist'll go through, as opposed to a fixed role socio-emotionally, and just have stats change

I'm so happy, I'm jumping with joy, but I do expect (and this is not meant in some elitist way) that most players today don't want the stuff I just listed.

I can only thank all the backers for this game (most people knew that PST worked despite its shortcomings) and then I'll pray for it to be as good as I hope it will be.

• Like 2

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Just now pledged for Torment, why not sooner, I don't know. Am I supposed to wait for a Manage Pledge email or something. I'm not super smart and pledged before creating an account, and so now it says there aren't any donations on record. 

From Brother None at the dex...

There's a delay for new pledges as we manually import these, usually on a weekly basis but with high interest now we may do more frequent imports. You will get an email from us as soon as your pledge is in our system

Damn, i am so glad that i backed this.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

"I mean, overall, this game concept is absurdly brave of InXile in some respects:

-They are making a text-heavy game

-They are cramming it with heavy deep-head stuff: philosophy, ethics, and alternative sociocultural evolutionary strands 

-They make it so that there's no need for killing stuff whatsoever (at least if playing your cards in particular way)

-They focus on plenty of changes your protagonist'll go through, as opposed to a fixed role socio-emotionally, and just have stats change"

Not brave at all.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I didn't have high hopes after WL2 but man, they got their **** together.  I really like the enviroments, for some weird reason I get a FF7 vibe from them. That game was very beautiful. And dat Mark Morgan music :wub:

The UI is super. :takemymoney:

Speaking of Pre-rendered JRPGs from the PSX era, I can say that something about the game reminded me of Chrono Cross.

Edited by bonarbill

But they got the funding they asked for, and way more than that. I don't know if I'd count that as "brave", I mean... I think they felt pretty confident that Torment had enough hardcore followers to meet their funding goal.

Not that it matters if they're brave or not. Just happy that the game is getting made and that it looks promising. :)

• Like 1

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Just now pledged for Torment, why not sooner, I don't know. Am I supposed to wait for a Manage Pledge email or something. I'm not super smart and pledged before creating an account, and so now it says there aren't any donations on record. 

From Brother None at the dex...

There's a delay for new pledges as we manually import these, usually on a weekly basis but with high interest now we may do more frequent imports. You will get an email from us as soon as your pledge is in our system

Oh, very good news, I don't mind waiting. It'll be worth it. What a good vibe this project has. 

All Stop. On Screen.

I like the Lovecraftian inspired setting -- colour me intrigued.

In fact, it looks more aesthetically pleasing than that of Eternity but I'm positively excited for both games at this point.

Edited by TheChris92

Looks pretty damn good.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Was fine until the last arrogant crap that was unneeded.

..uhuh. That's basically how I feel every time I see a trailer or a hype-trap for an fps. "Most popular and unique game, ever, in all of history, for all time, it's not redundant at all, and you got to play it now! Also, your mother! -IGN". "Shoot **** and get experience points! -RPS". "It's f****** awesome! -Jaz Rignall".

Okay, finally took a look at it. Seems a bit Septerra Core-ish.

Some say the RPG genre is dead

Some say gamers hate to read

83,000 Torment fans disagree

lol

Yeah, the way it'd shift from realtime to turnbased would make it a lot like Septerra Core. Funny thing. Hopefully, it'll be a bit more polished than that :p

The injustice must end! Sign the petition and Free the Krug!

Its ironic that most japanese games that are referenced by some here got their evolution ignited by the 90s American/Canadian RPGs.

The names some of you actually mention, were made half a decade (some a decade) after many Interplay, Black Isle, Microprose or SirTech/Talonsoft games. Some were made practically a decade later from the godfather of tactical/rpg games -- Microprose. So to correct the misconception, it was the west which influenced the east regarding many facets of such games.

Edited by AlperTheCaglar

Some say the RPG genre is dead

Some say gamers hate to read

83,000 Torment fans disagree

lol

"They are cramming it with heavy deep-head stuff: philosophy, ethics, and alternative sociocultural evolutionary strands"

lulz

Insightful posts!

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

More than yours.

Crushed.

I wouldn't have said anything if it was just a single post like that. But TWO posts on the same page with only some form of "LOL" as text, and only those two posts, deserved a comment.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

More than yours.

Crushed.

I wouldn't have said anything if it was just a single post like that. But TWO posts on the same page with only some form of "LOL" as text, and only those two posts, deserved a comment.

You act as if you are completly new to this forum and expected something different :)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).