What you did today

Gorth

Not sure what to waste my time on during the night, maybe I'll try to learn to do basic stuff with Unity.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yesterday I spent all day gaining my first 6 levels in Fallout: New Vegas, and walking a few miles on "the longest road" while overencumbered, crippled and hunted by Legion assassins which were more powerful than I by far. It was fun and challenging.

Lession learned: Stealth boy is best kept for escape.

Next playthrough you will graduate to doing the same with Deathclaws ;)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Yesterday I spent all day gaining my first 6 levels in Fallout: New Vegas, and walking a few miles on "the longest road" while overencumbered, crippled and hunted by Legion assassins which were more powerful than I by far. It was fun and challenging.

Wait, are we talking Lonesome Road?

I stil rate Dead Money as best, but the more times I play Lonesome Road the more I like it.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Woldan is my new favorite poster. Lovely photo.

Happy-oh-stop-it-you-l_large_zps30874166

Had to drive 320km to Czech republic today to pick up some parcels, the problem is I hate driving because it makes me incredibly sleepy, I had to fight to stay awake the whole trip. I'm sure that I'll die in a car accident one day because I feel asleep while driving which caused me to crash into a bunch of trees. 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Installing Dungeon Siege 3. I bought the disc a while back to save on the download limit. Currently downloading a 3.2GB patch.

That Monaco game looks like a pretty interesting Pacman game with guns. If you pick it up on their website, you get it in DRM free goodness from a humble bundle, as well as a steam key.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Meanwhile, a normal day in Finland..

... Fifteen (larger than average) guys in a tent officially rated for 10 guys, with -26c outside...

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Meanwhile, a normal day in Finland..

... Fifteen (larger than average) guys in a tent officially rated for 10 guys, with -26c outside...

Yes, happily we were dressed and not applying massage oil to each other so we could still tell ourselves apart from the Swedish army. ;)

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Wait, are we talking Lonesome Road?

I stil rate Dead Money as best, but the more times I play Lonesome Road the more I like it.

No I did not mean lonesome road. It was a vanilla game, and since I moved at a crawling pace, the road was long...

I have however since bought and installed Old World Blues. Which I got to say, is pretty F-ing awesome. I went into it at level 8, though the game recommends 15. It made it so much more challenging, it's the most fun I've had. It feels good needing all my skills for once rather then breezing through as I'm won't to do if I can.

I've been learning to love food, despite the rads. The difficult decision between movement-speed or having enough supplies to survive when the medkits are gone again. Because I don't manage to save them much, despite my best efforts. The limited amount of rest spots make you plan your attacks as if your life depended on it, because it does depend on it. Oh and let's not talk about ammo and my poor decision to invest in guns rather than energy weapons. I've gained 10 levels today, skin of my teeth for every quest. (though I did find an exploit where resetting a test through failure allowed me to get infite xp. though after 3 times it became tedious enough for me to move on)

But man, when I get out of here I'll have a safe home base, and some kick-ass perks to help me out back in vanilla. Not to mention some kickass armour.

What can I say, hard labour brings sweet rewards.

Worth it.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Walked through the rainy streets with an umbrella.. I love how different a city can feel, depending on the time of day and weather. Copenhagen can be absolutely beautiful in the blaze of a spring day and it can be so dark and foreboding when it's windy/rainy and the seedy types come out to party. It's like 2 different cities inhabiting the same space but in different times.

Fortune favors the bald.

I don't mind the rain. Wind, that will make me not want to go anywhere.

I went for tea and cookies with the people who found my wallet on the street. Turns out the wife kinda sortof knew my dad. Two million people supposedly live here, but it really is a small town sometimes. We talked about hippes and the Russian mob.

• Like 3

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

The second last time I had long hair, I walked from my job just inside Waterloo at the Clarica head office, all the way to where I was living way down at the other end of Kitchener in Doon. It was a 14K walk. I loved it. That is until we had a really windy day. 2 hours of my hair getting in my eyes.

That weekend, I didn't have long hair anymore for the next decade.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Expansion on events at work:

I got accused of sexual harassment! Why? I can kinda see how it could have happened (I tend to be a bit racy at work), but the way they came down on me, and the language that was used was so shaky I think it's from an ex-employee who quit because one of the now ex-maintenance guys thought that they were an item. To the point he was asking for oral pre-shift from her. She complained, and tried to back it off, but ultimately nothing happened, so she quit.

I found out today that this girl was talking to a cop about the guy and the harassment in general, which leads me to assume that the cop is investigating, and went to my bosses, who assumed it was me because at one point he'd asked me to tone it down, and some of the younger girls think I'm a "creep". Also because I got pissed at one particular crew member because she'd slack off any way she could (spending 10 minutes futzing about with 2 sleeves of cups, and just finding excuses to sit in back and talk while "working")

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Raw kale tastes a lot like the small leaves off a bunch of broccoli, only with a much more bitter aftertaste. I like raw broccoli/leaves, but kale...blech. Not to be added to my "green vegies that are at least tolerable" list. I wish green didn't seem to = bitter 95% of the time.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I got accused of sexual harassment! Why? I can kinda see how it could have happened (I tend to be a bit racy at work), but the way they came down on me, and the language that was used was so shaky I think it's from an ex-employee who quit because one of the now ex-maintenance guys thought that they were an item. To the point he was asking for oral pre-shift from her. She complained, and tried to back it off, but ultimately nothing happened, so she quit.

I found out today that this girl was talking to a cop about the guy and the harassment in general, which leads me to assume that the cop is investigating, and went to my bosses, who assumed it was me because at one point he'd asked me to tone it down, and some of the younger girls think I'm a "creep". Also because I got pissed at one particular crew member because she'd slack off any way she could (spending 10 minutes futzing about with 2 sleeves of cups, and just finding excuses to sit in back and talk while "working")

That sucks.

Every few years or so, all the departments at work gets the sexual harassment speech. My department is a bit of a tight knit group. We have low turnover, and have been together for years, so we pretty much know each other well enough that we know what everyone is comfortable with. The assembly lines can be a different story.

The story about the ex-maintenance guy is nuts. It's once in a blue moon when I hear stuff get that crazy.

Part of the reason though we get those speeches is kind of for this same reason. Someone leaves on a bad note, and/or starts complaining, people that had nothing to do with the original complaints can start getting targeted if they feel it is an atmospheric condition of the workplace. That's why most of my jokes at work are just making fun of something I might have heard on the radio. Ah CBC: You rarely disappoint me.

Good luck, eh. Hopefully you get through this just fine.

Eh, either way, I'm hunting for another job so I can say "So long suckas!" within a month.

She complained, and tried to back it off, but ultimately nothing happened, so she quit.

I seem to remember you mentioning that incident.

Seems like a crappy place to work at overall.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

It's mcdonalds. Everyone there is some form of mentally deranged just to deal with all the BS that we're put through. I'm just itching to be done with it and move on. Which means that I have to get the Wells Fargo job, or a school job that requires a CDL to act as a campus driver for them. Both are 10 or up, although I think I'd prefer Wells because it means that I have better transferrable skills and can transfer within the company where i choose.

• Like 3

The McD you work is like the perfect example of my general prejudice of the franchise. I've always wondered how the *blip* they manage to "employeer of the year" in so many countries.

Fortune favors the bald.

The McD you work is like the perfect example of my general prejudice of the franchise. I've always wondered how the *blip* they manage to "employeer of the year" in so many countries.

It doesn't mean they are any better, just that everybody else is worse.

Trust me, I've worked in a lot of pretty horrible places up until now. From coffee shops to fairly big professional expert organisations.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Paper trail. :)

They have lots of formal programs and certifications, and can prove how much value they add to employees etc. Plus they very likely do their payroll straight with HMRC/ local tax goons.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

That sucks.

Every few years or so, all the departments at work gets the sexual harassment speech. My department is a bit of a tight knit group. We have low turnover, and have been together for years, so we pretty much know each other well enough that we know what everyone is comfortable with. The assembly lines can be a different story.

The story about the ex-maintenance guy is nuts. It's once in a blue moon when I hear stuff get that crazy.

Part of the reason though we get those speeches is kind of for this same reason. Someone leaves on a bad note, and/or starts complaining, people that had nothing to do with the original complaints can start getting targeted if they feel it is an atmospheric condition of the workplace. That's why most of my jokes at work are just making fun of something I might have heard on the radio. Ah CBC: You rarely disappoint me.

Good luck, eh. Hopefully you get through this just fine.

Our HR people have told me that people leaving OR someone under the threat of firing is very prone to make anonymous complaints with no merit simply because they want some form of revenge for perceived wrongs in the former or they want to deflect attention from themselves in the latter.

I've had to talk to some employees - who've worked together for years - to not joke with one another in such ways simply because they may not take offense at each other, but some third party might hear it and take offense or worse hold onto it until they think attention is coming to them about their performance and try to cite the incident to pull the attention away from them.

Welcome to the working world - CYA as primary objective.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man