The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [2014]

Messier-31

That's a bunch of really glowing reviews of the hands-off demo.  Hopefully that level of quality reflects on the final product, and throughout, not just in one area or act.  They're making a MASSIVE world that, from all accounts, dwarfs Skyrim, so it will be a tall task to populate the whole area with interesting things to do and encounter.  Hopefully CD Projekt RED can pull it off.  I have faith in them.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

That's a bunch of really glowing reviews of the hands-off demo.  Hopefully that level of quality reflects on the final product, and throughout, not just in one area or act.  They're making a MASSIVE world that, from all accounts, dwarfs Skyrim, so it will be a tall task to populate the whole area with interesting things to do and encounter.  Hopefully CD Projekt RED can pull it off.  I have faith in them.

Keyrock you said exactly what I wanted to say :)

I can't believe the number of really good reviews this game is getting, for me this is inspirational. I'm now even more excited :dancing:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I just hope they don't overextend themselves with this massive open world stuff.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

It will be the Citizen Kane Casablanca of video games.

• Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

It will be the Citizen Kane Casablanca of video games.

I'm hoping it will be the Yojimbo of video games, but I'd settle for Ran.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Hopefully CD Projekt RED can pull it off.  I have faith in them.

You're not the only one

"Least likely to be absolute arse"

wzTByCh.jpg?1

Holy Smoke, that is awesome :)

Who did that?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Surely it should be contrasted to a film noir, Geralt is after all basically a Philip Marlowe or Sam Spade archetype in a fantasy setting.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Surely it should be contrasted to a film noir, Geralt is after all basically a Philip Marlowe or Sam Spade archetype in a fantasy setting.

So, in that case, The Maltese Falcon?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I'm thinking more Chinatown.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I still think Yojimbo (or A Fistful of Dollars, if you're more a Leone than a Kurosawa fan) is a good comparison since Geralt is essentially a mercenary working for wealthy gangs lords, dragged into a war not his own (Scoiatel and humans), sometimes switching sides, always with his own ulterior motives.  Chinatown definitely works too, though.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

There is no way it can dwarf Skyrim in size considering that CDP content is much more carefully designed than Bethesda's. 

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Agreed, Witcher 3 can't possibly have the 100+ unique but equally long and tiresome dungeons. There's no way CDProjekt can be as good in delivering that kind of content as Bethesda

Edited by Nordicus
  • Like 2

Agreed, Witcher 3 can't possibly have the 100+ unique but equally long and tiresome dungeons. There's no way CDProjekt can be as good in delivering that kind of content as Bethesda

Dang, I didn't even think of that.  There's no way CD Projekt RED can match Bethesda's expertise and output in delivering cookie cutter dungeons.  I guess I have to retract my previous statement.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Bethesda was downright lazy in Skyrim. The dungeons? Handcrafted my ass. It's the same design over and over. These guys are way more ambitious than Bethesda is. I love TES and Fallout, but look at how far CDPR has gotten with TW3 after only two years of development. They have a bigger team now too. 80+ worked on TW2. Now over 120 work on TW3, plus a seperate team for advancing the new engine.

Edited by licketysplit

Bethesda was downright lazy in Skyrim. The dungeons? Handcrafted my ass. It's the same design over and over. These guys are way more ambitious than Bethesda is. I love TES and Fallout, but look at how far CDPR has gotten with TW3 after only two years of development. They have a bigger team now too. 80+ worked on TW2. Now over 120 work on TW3, plus a seperate team for advancing the new engine.

To be fair, the dungeons were less cookie cutter in Skyrim than in Oblivion...  Of course what I'm saying is that we're dealing with reasonable facsimile versus carbon copy. 

:facepalm:

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Bethesda was downright lazy in Skyrim. The dungeons? Handcrafted my ass. It's the same design over and over.

I haven't played Skyrim yet, I've been waiting for the Legendary edition but I will assume that nothing beats the laziness of the dungeon creation of DA2?

Even I noticed that and I'm generally not critical at all :yes:

John Milton 

Well, CDR dissapointed me with the Witcher II. And now they add the whole 'open world'... I really really have to wait for actual reviews before playing it, since I fear the worst.

What's with the need for bigger, more pointless worlds anyway? Like Arkham Asylum to Arkham City, and they want it even bigger and with more filler and boring travel?

• Like 2

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

But you can go ANYWHERE! People love that stuff. Virtual worlds.

I'm not sure about the Witcher 3 going that direction myself. I thought there was too much running around in the first two games already but it depends on the execution I suppose.

I think Skyrim's dungeons go both ways. Visually I think they are much more interesting than Oblivion and many of them (not all) have some... *thing* to them that makes them at least feel a bit unique somehow. On the other hand, the actual layout of most of them is really boring in how they're corridor-like, and then the secret door that opens up back to the entrance.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Having an expansive open world is only a plus if exploration is fun and interesting.  I do like the approach they're taking to points of interest.  Rather than have someone in town tell you "go to this cave, I'll mark it on your map" they're trying to put things in the world that would naturally catch your eye and when you go to check it out interesting stuff happens or you find something cool to do.  In theory, it sounds good.  As already mentioned, the execution will be the key.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

But you can go ANYWHERE! People love that stuff. Virtual worlds.

Conclusive proof that people are stupid. ;)

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif