RANDOM VIDEA GAME NEWS!

Rosbjerg

Brutal Legend is an awesome idea for a game, it features Jack Black and uses music better than pretty much every other game ever.  It's actually a bit of a lackluster game in terms of gameplay, but I was able to forgive that because it simply dripped with metal rocksauce.

Oh Jack Black's in it ? Feh, forget it then.

I'm not sure who you could imagine would be better for the role than the lead guy of Tenacious D.

tenacious-d-3.jpg

I was very happy with Nintendo today. A lot of interesting 3DS games will be released here over the next few months. Fire Emblem + all its DLC, Mario & Luigi RPG. Code of Princess looks like it could be fun to play. I don't have a big interest in Etrian Odyssey IV or Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, but they are still good releases for the system. I'm not sure about Project X Zone, will have to wait for impressions or possible demo. I might end up getting Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, but I haven't played a Pokemon game in years, so who knows? And last, one of the two Inazuma 3 versions will most probably be bought.

It's good to see so many rpg releases on the 3DS, since it was the reason I got one in the first place.

Edited by Labadal

I'm not sure who you could imagine would be better for the role than the lead guy of Tenacious D.

Anyone from Spinal Tap. Granted that is a rather short list, but it gets longer if you count all their dead drummers. Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I was very happy with Nintendo today. A lot of interesting 3DS games will be released here over the next few months. Fire Emblem + all its DLC, Mario & Luigi RPG. Code of Princess looks like it could be fun to play. I don't have a big interest in Etrian Odyssey IV or Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, but they are still good releases for the system. I'm not sure about Project X Zone, will have to wait for impressions or possible demo. I might end up getting Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, but I haven't played a Pokemon game in years, so who knows? And last, one of the two Inazuma 3 versions will most probably be bought.

It's good to see so many rpg releases on the 3DS, since it was the reason I got one in the first place.

No matter what people think of Big N's home console performance, they are still undisputedly king in the dedicated gaming handheld arena.  The 3DS is just continuing to absolutely mop the floor with the Vita, in terms of both its sales and its lineup.  

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Tribes: Ascend GOTY Edition takes off Feb. 15, includes all unlocks

I was complaining about F2P yesterday and mentioned Tribes: Ascend specifically. If only I had known about this announcement a few hours before my post. Hopefully this is successful, and implemented into all F2P models. It creates a ceiling on the micro transactions so they're not absurdly expensive and cost way more than a pay for game would cost. It's a really good game, if it didn't have an annoying grind, and casual servers where people are just sitting around farming XP.

No matter what people think of Big N's home console performance, they are still undisputedly king in the dedicated gaming handheld arena.  The 3DS is just continuing to absolutely mop the floor with the Vita, in terms of both its sales and its lineup.

Though hasn't 3DS taken a bit of a hit just from the phone market?

No matter what people think of Big N's home console performance, they are still undisputedly king in the dedicated gaming handheld arena.  The 3DS is just continuing to absolutely mop the floor with the Vita, in terms of both its sales and its lineup.

Though hasn't 3DS taken a bit of a hit just from the phone market?

Undoubtedly.  Though the 3DS is on track to sell nearly 30 million units in its first 2 years.  Obviously they're managing quite well even with iOS and Android cutting into their market.  The Vita...  not so much.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

im holding out on the 3ds, i still have a TON of ds games to play, and a lot of games for my psp to play.  I don't really game much on my handhelds so my backlog is really enormous

also, my ds lite plays GBA games, of which i still play several (castlevania, metroid fusion, FF6)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Does Brutal Legend feature Impaled Nazarene?

nope.

Upon checking the soundtrack, aside from some Enslaved and Emperor songs, there's also DragonForce and Dimmu Borgir, so I won't be touching this in a million years.

And the protagonist should have been Abbath.

Z7yHt.jpg

Edited by Drudanae

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Gotta be ****ing kidding me.

Makes more sense than a Kinect shooter.  Just sayin'.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Biggest question is what if anything the bundled enhancements to it are. Probably not the Newdark/ 2.4 patch given previous experience, but whether it's more than fixing the installer for 4GB and setting it to use one core only is an open question.

Yeah, replying to myself. The GOG version of SS2 does use newdark/2.4 Remember this from the RPS interview though:

Rambourg: There are some user-made mods out there which do phenomenal work on the game’s stability, but none of them were quite perfect, so we took the game to our expert techninjas to analyse and swat the remaining bugs. It was some work to get it done, but as this is a game that we’ve wanted to release for four-plus years, it was also definitely a labour of love.

Which was complete, unmitigated bollocks. They took the 'imperfect' fan compatibility mods and applied an (out of date even) version of the most prominent of them, and that is the sum total of their work apart from the GOG branded installer. It's not an opinion, either, it's verifiable fact right down to readmes, and the deprecated file structure. I doubt anyone involved would actually object to it being used as it's a free and freely available utility, but it is spectacularly bad form to run down someone else's work when in fact you've plagiarised it utterly.

So, cash in with zero actual work done on the code by Night Dive, GOG PR dude spouts rubbish, in other words.

Edited by Zoraptor

Well, hope the author of the fan mod speaks up about that.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Also if you wanna watch something that will hurt you:

I don't remember seeing this, but I probably have.

Is there any hope that Sega, or whoever owns the license, would re-visit the project so Obsidian could finish it? I doubt that's the case but...

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Also if you wanna watch something that will hurt you:

I don't remember seeing this, but I probably have.

Is there any hope that Sega, or whoever owns the license, would re-visit the project so Obsidian could finish it? I doubt that's the case but...

As WUE said, it isn't impossible. I'm not sure SEGA and Obsidian will work together anytime soon, though. Their realationship is frosty after Alpha Protocol.