What are you playing now - the plays the thing

LadyCrimson

Obvious delusion. They chose to be more lazy and you give them credit for it. L0L BG series fanboys make me sad. :(

Hehe, sorry Vol, but I'm not neither delusional nor BG fanboy. Never even finished BG, BG2 is great but never was one of my personal favorites.

And chose to be lazy :D

I don't know about guys at bioware, but back then I didn't even think something as awesome as transfer your choises to sequel could be possible.

Had a little play on Hitman Absolution this evening in some quiet time..

The first mission is incredibly linear, but then it's basically the tutorial. The 2nd mission is one space with a whole multitude of options.. although I think some of them are really only viable on certain difficulty settings. Or after you've played chunks of the game to unlock Abilities/Improvements.

I've got to say, the way they've changed Disguise is a bit.. offputting. A disguise works perfectly against people not of the disguise type, but you have to use Insight against that type. So if you're wearing a Bodyguard disguise, it works against everybody but Bodyguards , who you have to use Insight as you walk by them or they notice you....

Which is a pain in the tucas if it's a level thats full of them.. Also, if you're trying to sneak, its a bitch to regain Insight on the Professional difficulty....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Just finished Walking Dead ep. 5. Not an unexpected end, but still pretty affecting. Noticed rather blatant mechanical foreshadowing of a direct sequel (they already announced a second "season," but it shows that choices made during (and especially at the end of,) the first "season" will carry over to the second.) For anyone who does play it, don't skip the credits, there is a befuddling post-credit epilogue. Not nearly as befuddling as a Metal Gear Solid game, but still.

Edited by AGX-17

Still playing Dragon Age Origins. In the Brecelian Forrest, tracking down Witherfang.

I can't complete one quest because it requires my character to use a bow, but I don't have the dexterity to use one. Strangely enough, both Zevran and Leliana have bows equipped, but I can't take control of them for the task. So the quest will either have to wait until I put more points into my character's dexterity stat, or it will have to go unfinished. Not sure why you can't use a party member to complete the task, since all it is is shooting a bow across a chasm.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Still playing Dragon Age Origins. In the Brecelian Forrest, tracking down Witherfang.

I can't complete one quest because it requires my character to use a bow, but I don't have the dexterity to use one. Strangely enough, both Zevran and Leliana have bows equipped, but I can't take control of them for the task. So the quest will either have to wait until I put more points into my character's dexterity stat, or it will have to go unfinished. Not sure why you can't use a party member to complete the task, since all it is is shooting a bow across a chasm.

Worst area of the game, bar none. "Oh look, a forest maze, never seen one of these before."

Just finished my second playthrough of Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2. I was able to Achieve Human Ending :)

Aaand today arrived long awaited Resonance of Fate, which will be next on my to do list *cheers*

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

New Vegas, just started Dead Money. One of my favorite add-on's thematically. Does the bit of dialogue where you say "I've never been to The Big Empty" change if you finish OWB before starting Dead Money? If so, that's kind of cool.

Edited by Yes Man

"Well, there's many things they have forgotten sitting in their bowls. Friendship. The thrill of discovery. Love. Masturbation. The usual." -Dr. Mobius

Closure, it's great, but it's really counter intuitive, really challenging. I solve the puzzle and then snatch defeat from the jaws of victory constantly because I mess up something that's solved just by trying to get around. When you mess up it's usually curtains and you have to start the level again. I'm on the second chapter (or whatever group), I think that's 48 levels, been playing a for an hour or two each day.

Games are too long nowadays.

I figured, in such cases, that it's more that my patience is too short nowadays - but your version makes me feel like less of an old fart, so I'll go with it instead. ;)

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Worst area of the game, bar none. "Oh look, a forest maze, never seen one of these before."

I kinda felt as if I was on Kashyyyk and expected any minute Czerka slavers would jump out from behind the trees and try to nab the werewooki... er... I mean werewoofs... wrong furries, sorry ;)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

So the quest will either have to wait until I put more points into my character's dexterity stat, or it will have to go unfinished. Not sure why you can't use a party member to complete the task, since all it is is shooting a bow across a chasm.

IIRC I always hang on to an early game bow so I can complete that one. But hey, that game was perfect and they RUINED it with DA2, right? :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I decided to finish up Psychonauts, got to the meat circus, quit, and deleted it from my HD. It's a creative game, but the Asylum is the best part.

Playing Darksiders II. It feels a lot like Prince of Persia. The boss battles are puzzles that are relatively easy as long as you know what to do - I approve. The regular battles are slapping mooks around and then dodging away before they can retaliate. The 'mid-level' fights though are always the same: your highly acrobatic character is trapped in a small room with a giant monster, or maybe two or three of them. They have AOE attacks that do a large amount of damage, and if you find yourself in a corner you can't dodge away.

Oh, I really like the music.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Finished Dead Money, gonna start Old World Blues as soon as I wake up tomorrow. Big DLC, bigger than Dead Money or Honest Hearts so it's going to take longer to finish and I have an annoying impulse to always finish New Vegas DLC's within one day.

"Well, there's many things they have forgotten sitting in their bowls. Friendship. The thrill of discovery. Love. Masturbation. The usual." -Dr. Mobius

I decided to finish up Psychonauts, got to the meat circus, quit, and deleted it from my HD. It's a creative game, but the Asylum is the best part.

Funnily enough. It's the Meat Circus that ahd me uninstall as well.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I'm playing 'spend ALL the money on Black Friday Deals' and waiting for things to finish downloading.

Played that game last year. Too many microtransactions that add up in the end have made me wary of games like this.

I'm playing 'spend ALL the money on Black Friday Deals' and waiting for things to finish downloading.

But it's only Thursday?

Funnily enough. It's the Meat Circus that ahd me uninstall as well.

Why did you decide to uninstall it then?

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Why did you decide to uninstall it then?

On one hand I felt that it was starting to just drag on story wise. On the other I found it was getting a tad too tricky for me - I tried and tried to get through the level and failed time and again. There had been very interesting psyches to delve into (such as the Milkman Conspiracy), but the Meat Circus was just frustrating for me, so I decided to leave the game at that point before the frustration would overshadow the otherwise great impression the game had made.

When they updated the graphics engine for the Mac version and ported it over to Windows, adding 360 pad support, they made the Meat Circus easier (which you can change back in the options). I play a lot of platformers, the Meat Circus and most of the parts I had trouble with is because of context controls and camera angles just not working the way they should, and the bad support for gamepads making the analogue sketchy. Also the targeting system was completely useless, having one that worked would have made the bunny and Oleander easier to manage. Also I'm pretty sure some of the scripted sequences with the evil father broke half the time making it impossible not to take hits, other times it was hard to get hit. The best part was that due to memory leaks and graphical issues the second boss fight in the Meat Circus became unplayable as my frame rate tanked on a system that can play every game at 1080p.

People were upset about Psychonauts not selling well, but it was a really bad PC port, the demo only had basic braining and the starting area, which were not interesting for me at all compared to virtually any other part of the game, which is brilliant for the vast majority of the time, even a lot of the platforming, if not executed as well as it should have been.

Edited by AwesomeOcelot

I think BioWare should've made Leliana killable in DA2 and then have her return again in DA3.

Considering she openly stated she was going to advise the Popess to start a holy war on the city, there was a good reason not to let her leave the building alive (not that the entire city wasn't a cesspool that desperately needed cleaning out anyway).

Regardless she was pretty impressive as the Popess' secret agent.

MV5BMjAxODY5MjczOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTg2NjY3._V1._SX450_SY290_.jpg

Edited by Drudanae

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.