What you did today

Gorth

Storm blew part of my roof off, and triggered the security failsafe on my front door so I can't lock/unlock it! :)

Sounds like someone is stuck at home behind some defences.. Perfect for the zombie apocalypse? The important question is.. Do you have supplies of food, alcohol, and secured internet access? ;)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Storm blew part of my roof off, and triggered the security failsafe on my front door so I can't lock/unlock it! :)

Good thing the storm blew part of the roof off then, huh? At least you can get out that way if the door wont open ;)

Is it damage you can fix yourself?

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

This is what I call a day off.

IMAG0013.jpg

Bonus photo.

IMAG0012.jpg

My phone is a terrible camera.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

This is what I call a day off.

post-19662-0-78325700-1353692843_thumb.jpg

Bonus photo.

post-19662-0-80913700-1353692874_thumb.jpg

My phone is a terrible camera.

Cute little furball :)

Do the cat and dog get on?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'm using the same pen as you right now, funnily.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Cute little furball :)

Do the cat and dog get on?

They ignore each other. Now the other dog (not pictured), that's another matter. She wants to play with the cat since they're about the same size. The cat doesn't like that.

It's always great to see friends/family you haven't seen in a while, but being the extreme introvert I am, it can also be exhausting...when such things last all day. At least I don't have to get up early tomorrow to beat traffic out of the city.

And it's fun to get home and have Mr. Needy the black cat sitting by the door, yowling in greeting before we even get the key in the lock. :)

Edit: P.S. Soft white goat cheese tastes terrible. It was like cream cheese, but with a strange plastic+bitter grass flavor underneath. I remember years and years and years ago having a glass of semi-warm goat milk (fresh from a goat, not a packaged bottle). Which was equally weird tasting. Yup, I prefer cow milk.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Last night's date was somewhat less unsuccessful than the one from week before, but still rather far from a resounding success. Oh well, I knew it was going to be a slog after the two-three years in the research cubicle. Happily I'm not going to run out of prospects in the near future and new ones are showing up, too. :p

So, nursing a fairly epic hangover and suddenly seeing the appeal of CoD like I've never seen without alcohol.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

You really need to dust your coffee table.

That's the cat's job.

Hey at least, unlike some of us, you are actually going out there ;)

I spent two and a half years cooped up doing my dissertation. I'm 31 and my longest relationships are still measured in months. So yeah, I kind of have to keep things moving now.

Woke up late, but hey sleep is nice. Now a long day of cleaning ahead.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I spent two and a half years cooped up doing my dissertation. I'm 31 and my longest relationships are still measured in months. So yeah, I kind of have to keep things moving now.

Pfft I have 2 years on you, young 'un.

There are always good excuses to be found why dating isn't a good idea at the time ;)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Pfft I have 2 years on you, young 'un.

There are always good excuses to be found why dating isn't a good idea at the time ;)

When I refer to the time I spent as a graduate student, it's not a question of excuses. I literally (and I mean literally) had no life outside the work. Eat, sleep, ****, read, type. OTOH, I completed it in near-record time just so that I could have that thing done. Re: the rest, I apparently just have really bad luck. :p

Behold, the Hand of Gorth

We have this little Australian Water Dragon showing up at work regularly at lunch time. We've tried feeding it turkey, chicken, ham, lots of stuff, but apparently nothing beats cheese :)

They love cheese so much that they overcome their shyness and eat out of your hand. Did a still from a video I made featuring the lizard and yours truly (and some cheese) and cropped it.

lizardr.jpg

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

So I guess not everything in Australia will kill you instantly then.

So I guess not everything in Australia will kill you instantly then.

Not everything. If it has 8 legs, it's 50/50. If it has no legs, stay away from it. For the rest, it's trial an error :)

Edit to add: If it has tentacles, stay away from it too. Box Jellyfish are nasty.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

That's almost as cute/cool as having a squirrel sit in your lap to eat almonds. Almost.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

That's almost as cute/cool as having a squirrel sit in your lap to eat almonds. Almost.

I just don't find Reptiles cute in anyway , sorry Gorth.

So the cuteness of a squirrel on my lap wins hands down :cat:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I just don't find Reptiles cute in anyway , sorry Gorth.

So the cuteness of a squirrel on my lap wins hands down :cat:

The cuteness of a dancehall reggae dancing sociology major on my lap beats your squirrels, and I bet most puppies too. But I love puppies!

(seriously, dancehall reggae works ass magic or something, even if my take is a bit small!) :p

• Like 2

My greying dachshund surpasses everything in cuteness.

My greying dachshund surpasses everything in cuteness.

Post a pic?

John Milton