Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Please! Less classes, races, factions, companions, regions, and other features!

classes factions races companions regions features multiplayer

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Alweth

Alweth

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I only plan on playing through the game once as one race and class combination, so I want you, Obsidian, to focus all your time and money on making that race/class combination the best gaming experience you possibly can. Please remove all other classes and races, since I don't plan to use them.

I don't care which you include. Maybe you should have a poll and only include the most popular race and class.

Also, I don't like doing sidequests, so none of those, please, and no extra regions. I find a world-map that's too large to be confusing. Please make the main quest the best you absolutely can. Maybe you can release sidequests for those who want them as DLC later.

There should be exactly 5 characters that will (not may) join your party. I want every moment of gameplay specifically crafted for my exact party, with each character chiming in with the perfect dialog at exactly the right time. Obviously, once you start multiplying party makeups, there's no way you can make so many different cohesive narratives on such a small budget.

Please, please, please no multiplayer. I'll never use it. I would prefer that you focus on making the game the best that it can be when experienced by exactly one person. You basically have to make the whole game over again for each additional player you allow.

I don't know what other features you're planning to add, but I would really prefer that you focus on crafting the best versions of the features I am going to use and leave the others out.

Oh, I almost forgot. I am a male that is almost overflowing with testosterone and manliness. If I am not looking at a humanoid female's sexy body I have to immediately leave the computer and go do adult-things with my girlfriend. I will not be able to spend the 15 hours I expect the main quest to take looking at a tiny digital man-butt. For this reason I expect to play as a female. Please remove all other sexes.

Her name will be Alwethia. Now you won't have to waste your tiny budget programming a field to enter the PC's name.

Thanks.

EDIT: I plan to have my character look like the babe in my avatar picture. I don't know what she's from, but if it's not a copyright issue, please use that image for the PC. Otherwise, something as close as possible.

Edited by Alweth, 21 September 2012 - 04:30 PM.

• Pidesco, Lostbrain, max8472 and 29 others like this

Shardbearer

Shardbearer

Herald of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
The Satire, It Burns!!!
  • Vatdim, dlux, hideo kuze and 2 others like this

Klaleara

Klaleara

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
Yea, this is a pretty bad post, not gonna lie lol.

Chunkyman

Chunkyman

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Lol, There's this wonderful place called the BSN (Bioware Social Network) that would be perfect for you. :devil:

Edited by Chunkyman, 21 September 2012 - 04:40 PM.

• Thulean likes this

Tigranes

Tigranes

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 10418 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Edit: I should give the thread (and you guys) a chance before I swing the hammer around. Play nice. :)

Delterius

Delterius

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 298 posts

Edit: I should give the thread (and you guys) a chance before I swing the hammer around. Play nice. :)

But do keep it ready.

Anyway, the OP should've been more... subtle.

LadySpace

LadySpace

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 41 posts
I've apparently exceeded my "quota of positive votes" for the day (a community that puts an upper limit on liking things, eh? Intriguing...), so consider this a giant "Like This" button-press from me. It's a little too on-the-nose, but it works. A+ satirical hilarity; would twitch and snicker uncomfortably again.

Edited by LadySpace, 21 September 2012 - 05:40 PM.

Zed

Zed

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:no
  • Xbox Gamertag:lol, no
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
I know it's a troll and all, but I would actually be glad for no multiplayer. Such a huge resource hog. Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines took a heavy blow in development because of the time wasted on figuring out multiplayer code and stuff. I would rather see it developed as an afterthought, a DLC or something.
  • max8472, Suen, D3xter and 5 others like this

Shardbearer

Shardbearer

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
You know, my problem is not with the opinion of "I personally never use feature X, so I really wouldn't get much out of it being in the game." This is a 100% valid opinion. Where it gets annoying is more where people who don't care for feature X go to great lengths to try to justify how that particular tiny piece of the game will completely ruin the game for everyone by sapping resources, while at the same time championing other features that equally take resources. The same argument could literally be made for any feature that exists. If it's a feature you wouldn't like, just be honest and say you wouldn't like it.
  • ^Rayne^, Vatdim, Enclave and 3 others like this

kenup

kenup

Combat Illusionist of The Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 629 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
It's too obvious. If someone gets trolled by this..... well I don't know what to say.

Unless the trolling the author wants, occurs when someone points out that it's obvious. In which case I just got trolled! :rolleyes:
  • Thulean and Shane-o like this

Stun

Stun

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2857 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
LOL @ the Op. That was great!

EDIT: I plan to have my character look like the babe in my avatar picture. I don't know what she's from, but if it's not a copyright issue, please use that image for the PC. Otherwise, something as close as possible.

That's Viconia!

Which brings up a semi-serious point. Dark elves. I'd be interested to see what, if anything, Obsidian's gonna do with regards to Elves, and their lore.

maggotheart

maggotheart

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Spot on, I enjoyed it very much

alphyna

alphyna

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
I would actually HAVE REAL FUN playing the game described, I think.

tilly

tilly

Scout of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
mm they should just write a book instead.

Less options.
Less complaints.

Book or game? n.n
Quick - someone start a poll!

Shardbearer

Shardbearer

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
But then it could be a choose-your-own-adventure book!

tilly

tilly

Scout of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Doh! ~_~

true, true! :3

Alweth

Alweth

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

You know, my problem is not with the opinion of "I personally never use feature X, so I really wouldn't get much out of it being in the game." This is a 100% valid opinion. Where it gets annoying is more where people who don't care for feature X go to great lengths to try to justify how that particular tiny piece of the game will completely ruin the game for everyone by sapping resources, while at the same time championing other features that equally take resources. The same argument could literally be made for any feature that exists. If it's a feature you wouldn't like, just be honest and say you wouldn't like it.

Well said. Nevertheless, there's a difference between not wanting a feature because you wouldn't use it, and not liking a feature because it would actually affect your gameplay experience negatively. A lot of the people saying they don't want multiplayer (as a stretch goal, no less) don't seem to be able to tell the difference.

Edited by Alweth, 22 September 2012 - 08:52 AM.

WDeranged

WDeranged

Ordinator of The Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1897 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
I just want an empty, blank box and a fifty gig download full of zeros please :)

Odarbi

Odarbi

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 125 posts

I just want an empty, blank box and a fifty gig download full of zeros please :)

A "Make your own game" game?

Leferd

Leferd

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2881 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
To add to the OP, I want my starting inventory to include the +7 Vorpal Deathsword of Hades. Because I'm gonna CLUA Console the sucker in anyway, might as well save me the hassle.

Thanks Obsidian, you are the bestest!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: classes, factions, races, companions, regions, features, multiplayer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users