The Kickstarter Thread

Tigranes

.... LOL my wife walked in while I was watching that video....

:lol:

I got to play a bit with the Conquistador beta thingy yesterday. A bit rough around the edges, but it looks promising (so far).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I got to play a bit with the Conquistador beta thingy yesterday. A bit rough around the edges, but it looks promising (so far).

Very very buggy. Looking forward to the updated version... may take a while.

I feel like peanuts just supporting 2 games, PE and Expedition. :/

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Very very buggy. Looking forward to the updated version... may take a while.

I feel like peanuts just supporting 2 games, PE and Expedition. :/

Kickstarter is a bit like communism. Each according to his ability (insert hammer and sickle symbol) :)

There are games I would have liked to support, but in the end I decided to prioritize an nothing prevents me (I hope) from supporting the other games by buying them through whatever distribution channels they become available through later. Shadowrun and the new Carmageddon games are such games.

Edit: Ability, not means. I suck at communism

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Hm, I wonder when Derek Smart will launch a kickstarter.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I unbacked Project Eternity to back this.

I unbacked Project Eternity to back this.

Noticed the joke. This thing is hilarious.

Edited: Little late to the party. But, the worst thing about this is that I thought it totally real for a moment.

Edited by C2B

Has to get approved by a Kickstarter staffer before it goes properly live and start taking cash, but all the details about the Hero U Kickstarter are available:

For those unenlightened, it's Corey and Lori Ann Cole's successor to their Quest for Glory games.

• Like 2

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Has to get approved by a Kickstarter staffer before it goes properly live and start taking cash, but all the details about the Hero U Kickstarter are available: http://www.kickstart...?token=e777beb1

For those unenlightened, it's Corey and Lori Ann Cole's successor to their Quest for Glory games.

Awesome! Other than PE, this was the other big Kickstarter I was waiting on.

That one might actually get me to pull out my wallet instead of just think about doing so.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I've heard a good deal of praise about the Ars Magica PnP game over the years, but reviews of Black Chicken Studios' other games are sparse so a bit of a toss-up for me atm.

Still thought it might be of interest around here so...here it is for the curious.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

http://www.kickstart...gica-video-game

I've heard a good deal of praise about the Ars Magica PnP game over the years, but reviews of Black Chicken Studios' other games are sparse so a bit of a toss-up for me atm.

Still thought it might be of interest around here so...here it is for the curious.

Well, if it's a good enough idea for Josh Sawyer to back, it's a good enough idea for me to back.

• Like 1

http://www.kickstart...gica-video-game

Wow, great news ! I loved Ars Magicka PnP. The setting is wonderful in its way to depict a substancial and coherent magic system.

I've backed so many projects that my wallet is crying:

Double Fine Adventure

Wasteland 2

Shadowrun Returns

Make Leisure Suit Larry Come Again

Jane Jensen's Moebius

Project Fedora/Tex Murphy

SpaceVenture

Grim Dawn

Expeditions Conquistador

Broken Sword - The Serpent's Curse

Project Eternity

Obviously nothing is certain until these, and other, projects come to fruition, but so far it seems that the winners with the whole Kickstarter thing blowing up are:

1) PC gamers

2) Linux gaming

3) Unity game engine

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Everyone, back this.

This is an order!

PS: Kickstarter will one day make be bancrupt.

I just can't trust a game that's been in amateur development for 8 years. At some point, they should have narrowed it down to something shippable, instead of keeping the objective as being an "AAA" game.

Even if they got their money, I'm not sure they'd still finish it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1719196889/solenttar-by-jeremy-slowdivefan

Solenttar

Solenttar is a story, party and turn-based computer RPG set in an unique world called Lanterna using the openForgeRPG engine (and a toolset).

tl;dr version Take the GoldBox games combat + NWN/IE interface and dialogues (and various other things) + editor == AWESOME. And only asking 4K.

Backed! Back to Top Ramen for the month......

• Like 2