What you did today

Tale

My wife had her pancreatitis flare up this weekend, so that stinks. She was planning to go back to work today, but now she is waiting and trying to get another appointment to see the doctor.

We still don't know why it is happening. She has been eating nothing but vegetables and rice for weeks now.

Just looked at my math grades. I managed to pull off a complete 100% on my first math exam.

Now to run with that and ensure I get in all my homework.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Today I was lost in thought while making dinner and ended up making around 4 kilos (~8 pounds, I think?) worth of macaroni casserole. WHOOPS.

Good thing I have a freezer. Otherwise it'd be casserole day every day for... I shudder to imagine how long. :x

Extremely tired.

Looking forward to that D&D session Obsidian is doing tonight. They better not cancel it, or I'll be all ;(

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

My wife had her pancreatitis flare up this weekend, so that stinks. She was planning to go back to work today, but now she is waiting and trying to get another appointment to see the doctor.

We still don't know why it is happening. She has been eating nothing but vegetables and rice for weeks now.

Sorry to hear, maybe a second opinion or another doctor would help. Sometimes they misinterpret symptoms.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

We are actually on our third doctor :(

This one seems very good though, he's been running a lot of different tests to figure out what it is. The other two were when she was in the hospital, and they didn't seem too interested in finding the problem.

Well, hopefully someone finds the cause. Shame people don't come with log files.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

She saw the doctor and now she is going back in the hospital :(

Hopefully it will be the last time, best wishes.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

:( Hope this doctor can get some answers for you guys.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

That just sucks, man. I know that pancreatitis is sometimes one of those things that hospitals kind of treat as some sort of idiomatic oddity. They treat the symptoms and just hope it doesn't happen again. It's good that you're willing to find a new doctor if you aren't getting answers. I will say from experience that you might have to be assertive yourself, Hurlshot. Demand answers and make a bit of noise.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

They ran the tests at the hospital, but all her tests came back normal, so they discharged her. It's good because a night at the hospital isn't fun, but we still don't know what is going on. She is going to try and go to work tomorrow, the pain has subsided considerably and she was able to eat dinner without it starting up again.

I think my planning stage is coming along on my writing. I've got a core 4 character cast. 3-4 secondary characters. And 8 or 9 major "events." I just need to figure out if I need to trim that down or add more to it.

This is much better than my first major attempt at writing. I had 20 or so narrative events. Only 2 core characters, and they were part of the B plot.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

They ran the tests at the hospital, but all her tests came back normal, so they discharged her. It's good because a night at the hospital isn't fun, but we still don't know what is going on. She is going to try and go to work tomorrow, the pain has subsided considerably and she was able to eat dinner without it starting up again.

Did they gave her any recipe for a follow up medication or treatment or something to help?

village_idiot.gif

Did they gave her any recipe for a follow up medication or treatment or something to help?

She has another appointment with her doctor tomorrow. She is already taking a pill that is supposed to keep the enzymes in her pancreas from working too hard. They just told her to keep on a vegetarian diet and come back in if the pain gets really bad. Not very comforting, but I think some of the tests will be ready tomorrow from a procedure she had last week.

She's been complaining about the lack of protein in her diet. I've been making beans and rice for that, anyone know any other non fatty good sources of protein?

Edited by Hurlshot

Overcame my vertigo to clamber up a rickety ladder. While swaying on the ladder remembered to call the office that I'd be late. Managed to grab hold of the distressed kitten and get it off the roof it was too scared to come down from by itself.

Pondered how to get the blood stains out from where it clawed into my arm.

Decided that next time I may just listen to the people who say "If it got up there by itself, it can get down by itself as well."

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

She's been complaining about the lack of protein in her diet. I've been making beans and rice for that, anyone know any other non fatty good sources of protein?

I think spinach is supposed to be fairly high in protein, at least certain varieties. Some protein from brown rice, peas/chick peas. Tofu. If wheat gluten isn't an issue, Seitan, which you can buy or try making yourself. Can she eat egg-whites at all, or is that off limits?

You can also buy vegie-based protein powders to mix into smoothies or something, but I don't know enough about those to recommend any.

"What I didn't do today" made me chuckle.

I make lentil soup every now and then, Hurlie. If you dress it up, it's not so bad. Be careful of things that might be an allergic trigger, but they have a lot of protein.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

If they want me to I will, but for the most part I being ignored.

And Alvin gets beat by MCA at a thumb war.

Edited by Calax

Days like today are when I need two monitors so I can see more stuff at once....(forums, Obs's streams, chat windows).

:p at least they noticed you and said hi.

Also, they're drunk as DUUUUCKS on there.

Edited by Calax