What you did today

Tale

Since I moved to Ukraine to marry my wife and live together.. Well.. I broke her bed, which was pretty rotten anyway and when we moved to our new apartment we put three resident single beds together and worked out a solution to fill out the gaps between them.. Not ideal, but it worked and still works. Today we went to a big furniture store to look for beds.. Matresses, but Ukrainians are unfortunately quite short in general and I need a mattress that is at least 220cm long.. There wasn't a single one in my size, of course.. So we were just testing the softness of mattresses.. I just find that testing a bed is really hard to do fully dressed and the ones we tried.. Hmmm.. Too hard. I am really tempted to have my perfect bed from Denmark moved here, but I really don't like to pay a minor fortune for delivery..

Awesome.

I want to hear more about this. Where did you meet her? Where did you move? (Guessing Kiev, beautiful city) What do you think of Ukraine so far?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Generally bleh day, didn't achieve much. And my external hard drive died.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

...filled in fer a buddy Bouncin' at the local dance club last night...now I remembers why I dunna do it no mores; this generation's music be terrible an' the crappy pay ain't worth the drunken idiots ya canna smack 'round too much...on the plus side, made an extra $75 fer 4 hours work, so I guesses it wasna all bad... :mellow:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

Edited by Sargallath Abraxium

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Ever been standing at a street corner, looking at the cars passing... and have that little voice telling you to just go for it so that you might get some time free of obligations?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Ever been standing at a street corner, looking at the cars passing... and have that little voice telling you to just go for it so that you might get some time free of obligations?

...seriously??...no, canna says I has, lad...ya may wanna see someone 'bout that... :blink:

Can't say that I have. But yeah, you might want to see someone.

Day of stuff going wrong for me - sick, hard drive died (managed to recover some files though - I guess the MBR is fscked) and now the sink stopper in my bathroom is also busted. Luckily I have one of those rubber stopper thingies.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Working on finding a therapist... getting some academic disability underway, but last week was just pure hell (four days of work, on top of 5 days of classes... all of which came out to about 40-60 hours of obligations). Add onto that my financial issues, and issues of parents deciding to yank my leash and remind me that ultimately they still have power over what I can do (kinda... if they cut me off I can still go to class, but I'll be a monk in terms of luxuries and what I can do extra-curricularly).

I thought the summer temps were over with, but Nature likes to mess with my head. It's not super hot, and I don't think it's going to last long, but it's nice to live right by the bay, sometimes. Keeps it a bit cooler and cools off faster. I need to get out on the marsh flats again, take some pictures of shorebirds and things.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It is extremely hot where I live. My 5-year old asked when it will be November so she can start wearing her warm clothes :)

Calax, glad to hear you are looking for a therapist. You can't give up with Project Eternity being worked on!

You can't give up with Project Eternity being worked on!

I dunno, if he just has that left, things are pretty grim. :p

You can't give up with Project Eternity being worked on!

I dunno, if he just has that left, things are pretty grim. :p

It's pretty close. I don't trust my parents farther than I can throw them, but am reliant on them for my schooling. I'm 26 and still in college for my 9th year (as my dad likes to keep reminding me so that I don't do anything he doesn't like), I'm barely making 8 dollars an hour, and feel like I'm failing all my classes.

Boy what a bright future I have.

Are you close to wrapping it all up courses-wise? I don't want to presume, but it's always sounded like you weren't that passionate or certain on your specific degree, either, which means you don't want to spend too long there. I'm doing a PhD because I love it, but if I recognise that if I didn't, I'd want to get out ASAP.

It's tough, but when you've had a ****ty few years, there's two ways to go - either you persevere and make it out of there, then those ****ty years become 'character-building' years or something, or you go under, and then those ****ty years define you. That is to say, it's what happens next that makes the difference, not what's already happened.

Currently reading Wittgenstein. I suppose if you're that brilliant, and lived a hundred years ago, you get to write without any regard for structure or method or conventions. Lucky bastard. Great read.

Oh, I LOVE my history, it's fun, entertaining and amazing....

it's just my English Math and Language that's complete bull**** (I'm about 30 credits from graduation)

This is why I can't get anything done. I'm on my second serious attempt at a story and today I had an idea for a story I think is even better! Now to decide whether to consider the old ones practice or commit to them.

You get days, weeks, months into a project and all you start seeing are the flaws. "The themes don't seem coherent." "I don't know how to involve these characters." "The tone of my prose is inconsistent with the tone of the work." blah blah blah But new projects! You promise yourself you'll avoid those problems this time. This is a lie.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Dropped my mouse's rollerball under the fridge. Yes my pc mouse still has a rubber ball in it. Went rooting around under there with a stick to fetch it out. All I have to say is ... ewwww. How in the world does so much gunk and dirty stuff get under there in just a few years?

And my day was uneventful...just the way I like it. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

For me, it was always more of a seductive call of high speed rigs and passing trains. In my case, it passed. Not sure if permanently, but getting to a point where I'm at least respected, if not loved, rather than ignored by my peers has helped a lot. Of course, if my peers didn't consist of people who post picture of their 1000 euro shoes in a nightclub on tuesdays (considerately mentioning the price), I might not have spent so much time thinking about the futility of it all. **** it, I'm getting depressed again...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Please don't ever throw yourself in front of a big rig people. Those are folks who drive for a living, and when they go through something like that, it can make it very difficult to continue in their profession.

And lighten up everybody :)

^Heh, I thought the same thing. I remember reading an article about a little girl whos mother had died so the little girl went and sat on the railroad tracks so she "could be with mommy". Understandibly, the train engineer was really messed up over the whole thing.

Just reading that makes me feel a little messed up. :(

And this is why pets are so important! .... to me, at least. :cat:

...that be why blowin' off a bit o' steam 'ere does one good...jus' take up trollin' fer a bit... :biggrin:

This is why I can't get anything done. I'm on my second serious attempt at a story and today I had an idea for a story I think is even better! Now to decide whether to consider the old ones practice or commit to them.

You get days, weeks, months into a project and all you start seeing are the flaws. "The themes don't seem coherent." "I don't know how to involve these characters." "The tone of my prose is inconsistent with the tone of the work." blah blah blah But new projects! You promise yourself you'll avoid those problems this time. This is a lie.

Hey, sounds not too different from software projects ;)

...that be why blowin' off a bit o' steam 'ere does one good...jus' take up trollin' fer a bit... :biggrin:

I always suspected that it was a lifestyle choice... :p

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

youwin.jpg

Edited by Sargallath Abraxium