Cyberpunk 2020 by CD Projekt

I doubt they'd announce anything until they have something to show, established IP and all - New IP's are hard to get traction on. Having worked on a couple of new IP's myself. For example nobody has mentioned the project I am on now, and that's related to getting public awareness.

I think CD Projekt are doing the right thing with Cyberpunk. Very much the kind of approach Obsidian are taking with PE - people certainly know about the game now right? But there isn't much to show, a piece of concept art, and lots of mechanics talk.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I'm really looking forward to this game. Ever since 1993 or 1994 I've been dreaming/wishing for a good cyberpunk CRPG experience in an open dystopian metropolis, and now it finally seems like it gonna happen.

I hope they manage to do the "Gripping multi-thread story taking place in the sandbox environment of the vivid and detailed Night City" thing really well, and I'm curious whether it will be a first person game or third person game. I'm actually hoping for first person, VtM: Bloodlines was excellent that way and I think it would fit Cyberpunk 2077 well too.

I'm really looking forward to this game. Ever since 1993 or 1994 I've been dreaming/wishing for a good cyberpunk CRPG experience in an open dystopian metropolis, and now it finally seems like it gonna happen.

I hope they manage to do the "Gripping multi-thread story taking place in the sandbox environment of the vivid and detailed Night City" thing really well, and I'm curious whether it will be a first person game or third person game. I'm actually hoping for first person, VtM: Bloodlines was excellent that way and I think it would fit Cyberpunk 2077 well too.

Amen :)

Ok, I may not be a Cyberpunk purist (as in the old P&P setting), but I've been hoping for a Bladerunner/Dystopian crpg since the dawn of time[/exaggeration].

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I was browsing through CD Projekt RED S.A. business strategy for years 2012-2015 (they have to publish them since they are listed on warsaw stock market). According to their plans they want to release AAA+ product in 2014 - probably a Cyberpunk 2077 game. In 2015 they have another AAA+ product listed - probably Witcher 3. The announced they have 2 teams working on games now so that make sense. AAA+ product is a product realest for atleast 2 platforms (so not just pc) with reviews aimed at higher than 90 % on metacritic. Sales planed above 2 milions units in first year since release.Developing cycle 3-5 years. Prices 49-59 usd in us, 49-59 euros in europe

I was browsing through CD Projekt RED S.A. business strategy for years 2012-2015 (they have to publish them since they are listed on warsaw stock market). According to their plans they want to release AAA+ product in 2014 - probably a Cyberpunk 2077 game. In 2015 they have another AAA+ product listed - probably Witcher 3. The announced they have 2 teams working on games now so that make sense. AAA+ product is a product realest for atleast 2 platforms (so not just pc) with reviews aimed at higher than 90 % on metacritic. Sales planed above 2 milions units in first year since release.Developing cycle 3-5 years. Prices 49-59 usd in us, 49-59 euros in europe

This makes the assumption that Cyberpunk 2077 is further along in development than 'Witcher 3' which we don't even know if it is in development.

As I mentioned previously, new IP and traction on said IP is hard to get. I also think you're assumption may be backwards, it's logical from a development perspective, as iterations on existing franchises take less time than iterations on new IP's.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Yeah, I'd tend to go for TW3 being the earlier release as well- set team, set engine, set game systems. So far as we know the Cyberpunk game has none of those yet. Even if using RED engine it will likely need more significant alteration than would be necessary for TW3.

You guys maybe right about that. My assumption was based om fact that witcher 3 hasn't been announced yet. You correctly pointed out that dev cycle in witcher case will be a shorter one. The second team was created in Q1 of 2012 so its very early in development.

Anyway, a little bit of info - there will be familiar places like Afterlife and Forlon Hope in Night City.

• 6 years later...

Long almost seven years after last post in this thred, but tbh I think, it should be resurrected :)

awesome interview of the CP creator by Young Yea.

I love his voice 😄

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 5

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

CDPR is independent with big money. Obsidian has always relied on publishers, and it's publishers who do the marketing. Because they publish.

For those interested, the new edition of the PnP RPG, Cyberpunk Red is getting a jumpstart released around GenCon, which starts on the 1st of August.

Few puzzlepieces behind the latest outrage? It makes a lot of sense, but yeah, you never know 😛

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

If there is anyone behind this "outrage" than it failed spectacularly as its most sold game on Steam for last few days :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Well, it just little bit smells, because at the same time, right before E3, there was 4 or 5 prominent youtoubers attacked by the same "group" of urinalists, which were bashing Epic Store for it's customer unfriendly behaviour. And with that, people start to draw different kind of conclusions 🙂

11 hours ago, Skarpen said:

I don't think there is coordinated attack on CDPR, it seem like the usual case of attention seekers loving to be offended on someone else behalf.

Agreed. There's no big conspiracy, it's a case of the usual suspects of the attention whore socjus outrage internet bully squad doing some moral grandstanding. They do this **** all the time, it happens to be Cyberpunk 2077 at this time because it was by far the most prominent game at E3, and thus the biggest target.

Any by that same token, you have your usual suspects of anti-socjus attention whores condemning the socjus attention whores and coming up with conspiracy theories. It's the usual cycle of sensationalism surrounding a complete non-issue.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Few puzzlepieces behind the latest outrage? It makes a lot of sense, but yeah, you never know 😛

Who has the time to make videos like that?? I mean i work in video production and went to school for it but serious if those guys/gals only put there time into more important things, like reporting on homelessness in there city, or reporting on what there city council is doing, or even reporting on there local school sports teams they would be doing pretty well.  The insanity is that they took the time to get all up in arms about a video game company.  A producer I work with said it best, its just entertainment its not like we're saving lives here why get so upset??

“How do you 'accidentally' kill a nobleman in his own mansion?"

"With a knife in the chest. Or, rather, a pair of knives in the chest...”

The Final Empire, Mistborn Trilogy

Honestly I just think it's tabloid journalism which is rife on the internet and is fueled on the endless drama that comes out of illiberal reactionary faux-gressives hyperbole.

If anyone thought CDPR/GOG is a force in the market they can just invest, it's a public company. At most it's just some minor fighting over people's attention in a saturated advertising market.

Edited by injurai

55 minutes ago, bringingyouthefuture said:

Who has the time to make videos like that??

People making or looking to make money off of YouTube's ad program, just in case that question wasn't entirery rhetorical (it also immediately answers why similar effort isn't put into reporting on local affairs by small channels).

Edited by majestic
  • Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.