Cyberpunk 2020 by CD Projekt

3 hours ago, bringingyouthefuture said:

Who has the time to make videos like that?? I mean i work in video production and went to school for it but serious if those guys/gals only put there time into more important things, like reporting on homelessness in there city, or reporting on what there city council is doing, or even reporting on there local school sports teams they would be doing pretty well.  The insanity is that they took the time to get all up in arms about a video game company.  A producer I work with said it best, its just entertainment its not like we're saving lives here why get so upset??

Outrage sells. It's the reason sensationalism exists, has existed, and will continue to exist in the media. The reason facebook, youtube and others often suggests content to you that provokes or angers you isn't some vast conspiracy, they use algorithms to suggest content to you that is the most likely to keep you engaged. It doesn't matter if you are engaged in a positive or a negative way, whether you are happy, amused, sad, or angry; the only thing that matters to them is that you generate clicks, since that's what advertisers are after. Unfortunately, the reality is that things that anger people, on average, tend to engage them more than things that are heartwarming. It sucks, but the nature of most people is to react more strongly toward negative things than positive. There are people out there that are exceptions to this rule, and God bless them, but for the rest of us, we have to constantly work on ignoring the negative and embracing the positive. The struggle is real.

• Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

23 hours ago, majestic said:

People making or looking to make money off of YouTube's ad program, just in case that question wasn't entirery rhetorical (it also immediately answers why similar effort isn't put into reporting on local affairs by small channels).

I think my point was that if they spent time doing this in a way that served the general public they would make a lot more money from landing rad jobs in news media, and could skip the whole YouTube ad revenue for real money.  Local news and blogging is huge and often leads to greater things - for instance a buddy of mine was a blogger in NYC, now he helps runs the whole social media and blogging for a very well known and famous cultural center.

I guess they may end up with jobs as gaming journalists, but I doubt it with posts like that lol.

Edit:  and I have no idea what to comment about outrage selling, I guess I find it kind of cynical, everyone always thinks everyone else isn't as intelligent or politically aware, but I don't think that is true.  I think most people are very intelligent and very aware - totally outrageous lies and conspiracy theories represent the hobbies of a few lol.

Edited by bringingyouthefuture
Added other response

“How do you 'accidentally' kill a nobleman in his own mansion?"

"With a knife in the chest. Or, rather, a pair of knives in the chest...”

The Final Empire, Mistborn Trilogy

21 hours ago, Keyrock said:

Outrage sells. It's the reason sensationalism exists, has existed, and will continue to exist in the media. The reason facebook, youtube and others often suggests content to you that provokes or angers you isn't some vast conspiracy, they use algorithms to suggest content to you that is the most likely to keep you engaged. It doesn't matter if you are engaged in a positive or a negative way, whether you are happy, amused, sad, or angry; the only thing that matters to them is that you generate clicks, since that's what advertisers are after.

That's... outrageous! Shouldn't someone make a YT video or ten about it?

1 hour ago, bringingyouthefuture said:

I think most people are very intelligent and very aware

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/iq-rates-are-dropping-many-developed-countries-doesn-t-bode-ncna1008576

The stultification is real.

Edited by 213374U
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

2 hours ago, 213374U said:

That's... outrageous! Shouldn't someone make a YT video or ten about it?

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/iq-rates-are-dropping-many-developed-countries-doesn-t-bode-ncna1008576

The stultification is real.

I'm outraged ...

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

6 hours ago, bringingyouthefuture said:

I think my point was that if they spent time doing this in a way that served the general public they would make a lot more money from landing rad jobs in news media, and could skip the whole YouTube ad revenue for real money.  Local news and blogging is huge and often leads to greater things - for instance a buddy of mine was a blogger in NYC, now he helps runs the whole social media and blogging for a very well known and famous cultural center.

I guess they may end up with jobs as gaming journalists, but I doubt it with posts like that lol.

Edit:  and I have no idea what to comment about outrage selling, I guess I find it kind of cynical, everyone always thinks everyone else isn't as intelligent or politically aware, but I don't think that is true.  I think most people are very intelligent and very aware - totally outrageous lies and conspiracy theories represent the hobbies of a few lol.

Internet has greater reach and is much, much faster. You're basically telling people to jump off the wave of the future and swim back out and drown with the sinking ship.

Also would like to know by what metric are people very intelligent? In comparison to a chimp? Yeah. To a real brainiac? No. Change "very" to "basic". Most people are basically intelligent.

1 hour ago, Blodhemn said:

Internet has greater reach and is much, much faster. You're basically telling people to jump off the wave of the future and swim back out and drown with the sinking ship.

Also would like to know by what metric are people very intelligent? In comparison to a chimp? Yeah. To a real brainiac? No. Change "very" to "basic". Most people are basically intelligent.

No in a later post I specifically pointed to online lol, who doesn't use the internet???

as for the other half, you should keep reading the rest of the posts lol, but feel free to call people what you want, and I'll call it cynicism.

1 hour ago, bringingyouthefuture said:

No in a later post I specifically pointed to online lol, who doesn't use the internet???

as for the other half, you should keep reading the rest of the posts lol, but feel free to call people what you want, and I'll call it cynicism.

Why complain about it then? It's revenue as real as any other.

Average intelligence isn't very intelligent by definition. It's practically one step from an oxymoron.

What's your skin in the game?  Why defend it?  I actually thought they put together a nice product, just thought it was wasted on such a lame topic ... lol