RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

Found a new great review site. Read their review on Binary Domain

http://games.on.net/...inary_Domain_PC

Hilarious read. Is it really as bad as they portray for PC?

I only tried the Steam demo, but yes.

"Do not attempt to play Binary Domain without a controller. If you don

And Square Enix is announcing profits after selling 2 million Deus Ex units... Mayhaps this will mean we'll see some more dlc..or potentially another DE game...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

And Square Enix is announcing profits after selling 2 million Deus Ex units... Mayhaps this will mean we'll see some more dlc..or potentially another DE game...

If you look at DLC sales, they basically start plummeting immediately after release - It'd have to be a standalone xbl/psn game, if not a full-blown sequel. The latter (a full-blown sequel) is my guess, whether they target this generation or the next is going to be the interesting part.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Found a new great review site. Read their review on Binary Domain

http://games.on.net/...inary_Domain_PC

Hilarious read. Is it really as bad as they portray for PC?

I only tried the Steam demo, but yes.

"Do not attempt to play Binary Domain without a controller. If you don

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I so much hope they will do more HR dlcs... Waiting since months and they announce nothing. :/

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I so much hope they will do more HR dlcs... Waiting since months and they announce nothing. :/

Maybe the modding community will pick up?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Because I pre-ordered Hitman Absolution, I got my special promotion code for this "Hitman Sniper Challenge" thing.. which you redeem at Square Enix for a code you can plug into Steam..

Of course, then Steam tells me I need another product activated first, but I can't activate Hitman Absolution because I haven't got the bloody game yet.. This seems a great setup for the promotion so far....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

There was a rumor in one of our local gamingsites that Microsoft and Lionhead have teamed up for a "next gen" RPG. Sources are Linkedin with a message that "This discussion is no longer available" and this twitterpage, which also doesn't seem to have anything anymore. Has there been anything about this elsewhere?

Wasn't project North Carolina to be a Microsoft "next gen" title?

Edited by Undecaf

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

http://uk.gamespot.c...payroll-6377467

Although a sequel to Kingdoms of Amalur is in the works.. apparently the studio has had missed payroll due to financial issues..

Wow, the main bit that stood out in that article is that 38 studios employs 378 people full time. That seems way too big for a studio like this. It's a shame because KoA is a solid game and I think they have potential, but they basically put all their eggs in one game and hoped it turned into a blockbuster. Bad business.

They really should be running with about 100 employees, I would imagine.

So has anyone noticed increased quality from the giant budgets arising over the last decade.

Sure, in presentation. The CGI videos, sound and voice, and overall art of today's games have definitely come a long way.

Of course this doesn't replace a solid game play experience, which has little to do with giant budgets and people.

I'd hazard a guess that given the plan was to move on to an MMO based on the Amalur IP, maybe they overreached early on perhaps an overoptimistic schedule.

Very true, I'd say the MMO is to blame for that overly large team.

Turbine manages multiple MMO's with a team of about 100. It should be possible to run one with a reasonably sized group, they don't all need to be WoW/TOR sized.

I recall reading that part of the reason they got the loan is because they promised to create 400 jobs. So having that many employees might have been required. That just makes it sound doomed to fail.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I wonder how close/far from the mark the NPD sales figures were. 330000 sold copies (for pc and consoles combined) doesn't sound like a lot for the level of ambition and investment put into the game..

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein