Mass Effect 3

Gorth

Beings of light from the next galaxy over! And it turns out the Reapers were trying to protect this galaxy from them, yep, that's what was going on. Now to fight the true evil!

Pre-order now for a Reaper squadmate.

Is that where the Reapers kill all the organics to prevent the beings of light from killing all the organics?

No, it's the one where Reapers kill all organics to prevent organics making beings of light that will kill all organics.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Beings of light from the next galaxy over! And it turns out the Reapers were trying to protect this galaxy from them, yep, that's what was going on. Now to fight the true evil!

Pre-order now for a Reaper squadmate.

Is that where the Reapers kill all the organics to prevent the beings of light from killing all the organics?

No, it's the one where Reapers kill all organics to prevent organics making beings of light that will kill all organics.

Thanks for clearing that up. :lol:

They should've gone with the Freespace version of badass annihilators..

Yup. Shivan preservation is more sensible, too. Well of sorts.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Necrons. They are geth plus reapers but better

• Like 1

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I just watched the extended cut, and I really enjoyed it. They expanded on what I had mostly assumed about the middle ending, where I get to spread my DNA everywhere like Wilt Chamberlain and everyone gets to live. I had said back when I finished it originally:

Why would Wrex be vaporized or stuck on earth? Plus I was just happy the crew of the Normandy survived. They are on a pretty awesome looking planet, and even if the Normandy is busted, they are going to get rescued eventually. They've got a well deserved extended vacation.

I thought they ending was a bit unclear, I took the middle path where you absorb your DNA or whatever. Were the relays destroyed, or just overloaded for a brief time? Even if they were destroyed, we still have faster than light travel. Wrex will get back to Tuchanka in a year or so, big deal.

That was my positive view of the situation back then, and it was nice that the extended cut simply fleshed it out.

That was my positive view of the situation back then, and it was nice that the extended cut simply fleshed it out.

It still sucks to be EDI though, as she is "tied" to the Normandy and presumably can't leave it (she said something to the effect of her borrowed body had to stay within a certain range of her core on the ship). Joker might start building a tent to live out the rest of his life in.

This being space fantasy, they can of course put the Normandy back together and fly off towards the setting sun (I seem to remember seeing that in one of the youtube videos) :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

where I get to spread my DNA everywhere like Wilt Chamberlain

What exactly do you mean by "spread my DNA"?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

I believe similar analogies would be something like

Doing the dirty with as many girls like John Holmes

Creating little Alexanders like Alexander the Great

Spreading the love like the Vikings....

etc...etc...etc....

I think that's along the lines he was speaking...I would imagine that paints an even broader picture...if not...

well...It's too graphic to really get into here...talk to someone about the birds and the bees...might help understand it a little...

:dancing:

Ok, just to be clear that we're on the same page.

Also, I'm not sure that "spreading the love like vikings" qualifies.

village_idiot.gif

I thought they plundered the women and raped the land.

village_idiot.gif

As long as they remembered to pillage and then burn...

Or as the Pirate King is fond of saying the "the ships go down and the women yield.. or is that the other way around?"

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I believe similar analogies would be something like

Doing the dirty with as many girls like John Holmes

Creating little Alexanders like Alexander the Great

Spreading the love like the Vikings....

etc...etc...etc....

I think that's along the lines he was speaking...I would imagine that paints an even broader picture...if not...

well...It's too graphic to really get into here...talk to someone about the birds and the bees...might help understand it a little...

:dancing:

no Ghengis Kahn reference?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

It still sucks to be EDI though, as she is "tied" to the Normandy and presumably can't leave it (she said something to the effect of her borrowed body had to stay within a certain range of her core on the ship). Joker might start building a tent to live out the rest of his life in.

This being space fantasy, they can of course put the Normandy back together and fly off towards the setting sun (I seem to remember seeing that in one of the youtube videos) :p

That's what I got in my ending. Of course, EDI wasn't exactly around for it... :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

One of these days I'm going to attempt a speed-run, with a newly created character for ME3 (no imported character), just for the giggles.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

One of these days I'm going to attempt a speed-run, with a newly created character for ME3 (no imported character), just for the giggles.

Heh, watched my cousin's son (around 16) play some ME3 and DA2 the other day, I was in near-physical agony with his total lack of min-maxing. :p

• Like 2

I don't know what min-maxing means. :(

Basically maximizing certain specific stats or whatever in favor of others. So basically making something very specialized, compared to an all around character.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I don't know what min-maxing means. :(

Basically maximizing certain specific stats or whatever in favor of others. So basically making something very specialized, compared to an all around character.

Noot so much, more a question of of focusing your character build so that it excels in the role you envision for it and dump all the stats/abilities that don't support it. I mean, that's the way CRPGs are played, in general. :p

• 1 month later...

So how long before someone gets hold of the Leviathan dlc and lets us know what it adds to the game..? :shifty:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I don't have it, so I don't know all it entails, but I've gathered enough info to be informative. I'll send you a PM.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."