Mass Effect 3

Gorth

As an aside, I never really considered WHY two key Mass Effect people (lead gameplay designer Christina Norman and senior producer Jesse Houston) left during development/before the release... Both of them to Riot Games, in fact. One wonders if project leadership was related to the decision, or was it just the weather. :p

I know I'm supposed to be a Mass Effect 3 and BioWare hater, but Christina Norman said she was doing it for personal reasons (though I don't recall what she said exactly she stated exactly what they were too).

Heh, and this slipped past me without realising..

They did put it in...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvaQDxhm_0U&feature=youtu.be&a

Edit: Apparently they actually got in contact with him and said they were putting it in. :)

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

As an aside, I never really considered WHY two key Mass Effect people (lead gameplay designer Christina Norman and senior producer Jesse Houston) left during development/before the release... Both of them to Riot Games, in fact. One wonders if project leadership was related to the decision, or was it just the weather. :p

I know I'm supposed to be a Mass Effect 3 and BioWare hater, but Christina Norman said she was doing it for personal reasons (though I don't recall what she said exactly she stated exactly what they were too).

Christina did come out and give a very anti-consumer rant, that Kotaku/Owen Good used to launch his own anti-consumer rant about the Day 1 DLC.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Casey Hudson, the Executive Producer and Director of the bestselling franchise talks about the game

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Considering many of the folks who just engineered the Crucible were hopefully still alive around Earth, I'm guessing they will figure out some new way to get around the universe with some speed.

I mean, we know there will more games in this universe, so they aren't going to screw themselves completely with the story. I'm guessing the combine DNA ending will become cannon, and there will be a convenient explanation to make things less destructive.

BioWare will likely lay low and just keep releasing vague statements that don't really commit to anything one way or another, hoping that in a few weeks' time the more vocal of the fanbase will quiet down, and they can then start churning out DLC without ever having addressed the ending.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm guessing the combine DNA ending will become cannon, and there will be a convenient explanation to make things less destructive.

That would be the stupidest thing to do. Not only is it the most hated, but it's the ending that makes the least sense, (space magic changed my DNA). Destroy or control will be the cannon endings. Hell with control they can bring the reapers back at anytime as antagonists. Assuming they don't just retcon the whole mess.

And before someone chimes up about them not listening to the rants on their forums, give me another reason to why romances are so prevalent in their games. There where 10, count it, 10 unique romances in ME3.

6 for straight males (Miranda, Liara, Tali, Jack, Ashely, Allers)

2 for gay males (Kaiden, Cortez)

2 for straight females (Kaiden, Garrus)

3 for gay females (Liara, Allers Samantha)

And yet there were posts about there still not being enough......

So perhaps the ranting coming from the bio boards will do some good for a change.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

I'm guessing the combine DNA ending will become cannon, and there will be a convenient explanation to make things less destructive.

That would be the stupidest thing to do. Not only is it the most hated, but it's the ending that makes the least sense, (space magic changed my DNA). Destroy or control will be the cannon endings. Hell with control they can bring the reapers back at anytime as antagonists. Assuming they don't just retcon the whole mess.

And before someone chimes up about them not listening to the rants on their forums, give me another reason to why romances are so prevalent in their games. There where 10, count it, 10 unique romances in ME3.

6 for straight males (Miranda, Liara, Tali, Jack, Ashely, Allers)

2 for gay males (Kaiden, Cortez)

2 for straight females (Kaiden, Garrus)

3 for gay females (Liara, Allers Samantha)

And yet there were posts about there still not being enough......

So perhaps the ranting coming from the bio boards will do some good for a change.

Not sure how you get 10 unique by counting three of them twice, but, hey. :D

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

From three, to six, to ten; all in the course of three games. What does the next decade hold for us? Arguably more than that, it's gone from biologically compatible squad members, to any given squad member, to pretty much anyone on the ship - where's the next frontier? Probably find out soon enough. :p

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Not sure how you get 10 unique by counting three of them twice, but, hey. :D

1.Liara

2.Tali

3.Miranda

4.Jack

5. Ash

6.Allers

7.Kaidan

8.Cortez

9. Garrus

10. Samantha

Nep...... :facepalm:

... Never get involved in a discussion which requires preschool math on a Saturday morning...

:biggrin:

But, on topic, I'm also kind of peeved by this, and not least to the fact that I find cortez, allers and traynor to be a complete waste of space, especially since the ME2 guys n' gals apparently had a lot of content cut towards the end of the development. Now it's just a bunch of cardboard cutouts making hasty going-through-motions cameos... :(

Edited by Nepenthe

... Never get involved in a discussion which requires preschool math on a Saturday morning...

:biggrin:

:lol:

But, on topic, I'm also kind of peeved by this, and not least to the fact that I find cortez, allers and traynor to be a complete waste of space, especially since the ME2 guys n' gals apparently had a lot of content cut towards the end of the development. Now it's just a bunch of cardboard cutouts making hasty going-through-motions cameos... :(

Exactly my thoughts. Terrible decision making and resource management.

Edited by Bos_hybrid
  • Like 1
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

From three, to six, to ten; all in the course of three games. What does the next decade hold for us? Arguably more than that, it's gone from biologically compatible squad members, to any given squad member, to pretty much anyone on the ship - where's the next frontier? Probably find out soon enough. :p

Skyrim already has this 'any NPC' thing, no? 8)

Guys, both of you are native english speakers. It's canon, not cannon.

In my defense, I was shot out of a canon in my younger years without a helmet.

In my defense, I was shoot out of a canon in my younger years without a Hamlet.

Fixed.

Annoyingly, you can't keep all of your previous partners as love interests. Jack is really just a "OH HAI! *kiss* I've moved on!" And Miranda just seems to be "Get your clothes off for one more time... for memories sake"

Annoyingly, you can't keep all of your previous partners as love interests. Jack is really just a "OH HAI! *kiss* I've moved on!" And Miranda just seems to be "Get your clothes off for one more time... for memories sake"

An improvement, surely, on ME2's continuation of romances in which your former partner behaves like a total jerk to you the one time you encounter them (right after saving their lives to boot).

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

The narrative clumsily encroaching on player perogative. They have to know their limits when they do that. You can't get anywhere in telling the story without grabbing hold of the reins, but if it just leaves you thinking 'what a douche' it's an obvious failure.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Ashley was a bit of a letdown as well, to be honest. I stayed loyal to her though ME2 and she still took forever to commit. There were some nice moments, but I could tell she wasn't considered a primary character by the writers. The moments with Garrus, Liara, and Tali were handled better, and I think that is because the majority of players still had those folks alive.

And yet she was on the cover art for the first game. Still, not as anonymous as Thane being on the cover of ME2 when I imagine most players just left him in his room all game for the most part.

He was the only character who got the fast forward treatment in all his dialogues after the first playthrough.

In fact, I liked him a lot more in ME3. :D

." I stayed loyal to her though ME2 and she still took forever to commit."

Huh? It took her 3 convos (2nd hospital visit) for her to recommit to me. *shrug* How is that 'forever'?

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

." I stayed loyal to her though ME2 and she still took forever to commit."

Huh? It took her 3 convos (2nd hospital visit) for her to recommit to me. *shrug* How is that 'forever'?

I thought she didn't fully commit herself back to shep until after she had been made a spectre by the Council and the Uprising.