Mass Effect 3

Gorth

MP is really a completely different game experience, mainly because ASWD actuallly works and because there are no cutscenes (Thank you!!), which can be a lot of fun, but when you are swarmed by monsters and need to get the hell out of there, the storm button is read: pain button, because you'll get stuck in everything and taking cover standing instead of sitting and bah.. On Gold it gets really narrow and competitive on so many levels and I've even experienced once to get kicked for being the 'wrong' class.. It's really rare that people talk and in the beginning I missed the direct communication, but I soon learned to really appreciate it.. There are a lot of annoyances, but it's more about the setup and function outside of combat. It's a little funny that the 'nicest' enemy, imo, is actually the Reaper forces. Dying is pretty annoying, but there are some ways to delay it and even to restore yourself, which took me quite awhile to realize.

(Signatures: disabled) 

Mediocre is just a nicer word for ****ty...

Actually the MP segment is quite fun. It's only cooperative survial mode so it won't have the longevity of something like Left 4 Dead but it's a good addition to the game and I'm enjoying it.

Trying too hard, man.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

What makes you think Blue Babies are not underway??

Liara is only 109 and already got the body of matriarch.. Her breasts are significantly larger than ME1/2.. Which is often a sign of something else.. Not plastic surgery..

(Signatures: disabled) 

I think it was a mistake for Bioware to make the game about a full scale Reaper invasion.

It would have made much more sense if the Reapers were only able to send a small force due to the destruction of Sovereign and the Collectors while the rest of their fleet remains stranded in dark space.

Their goal should have been the same as Sovereign's, take over the Citadel so they can activate its Mass Relay and call the rest of the Reaper fleet from dark space.

The attacks on the various worlds should have been a feint, to draw their fleets away from the Citadel. In fact, it should have been part of the Reaper's plan to let Shepard gather a fleet to retake earth. While the bulk of the galaxy's forces are attacking earth, the Reapers assault the Citadel.

You could then have an ending where the Reapers are defeated for the time being but their fleet is still out there and will reach the galaxy in a few centuries. Shepard's journey would be over but the story isn't and there's the potential for a lot of sequels.

That would have made far more sense. If the first game had a massive impact as we thought, and delayed the Reapers for at LEAST a couple decades, if not centuries...that would be FAR more notable and reasonable why they wanted to go to the Citadel (not just for Mass Relay control, but to truly cut down their journey time).

Have the last one about a small strike force that had one last back door or something, have it end Shepard's journey...and then you have it all set up for another trilogy 50 years (or maybe a couple centuries) into the future.

That's sad, if true. Means their project lead is a wacko, heh.

Also puts a kind of kink in the "it's art, you can't criticise it" when crucial "artistic" staff is ignored and marginalised. And is criticising the ending. :p

Having followed Patrick Weekes for a while, I have little trouble accepting that as genuine. IIRC he also made a rather odd tweet yesterday evening which seems to be missing from his feed, but frankly, I'd been up for almost two days straight so I could've been hallucinating. Anyway, I believe he's a stand-up guy (and a skilled game writer), so I hope he doesn't catch any fallout for that, in any case.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Even if Shepard did get indoctrinated after being zapped by Object Rho during Arrival DLC and the Reapers being unable to ASSUME DIRECT CONTROL of her because Shepard's mind is so remarkably strong (and the Cipher), it's pretty lame how the Reapers merely contend with invading her dreams with the images of some stupid and annoying little kid.

Not to mention Cerberus managed to figure out how to control them in turn. What was the crap Sovereign blurted out in ME1 again? "Beyond your comprehension, yadda yadda?". What a pathetic bag of wind.

BioWare better churn out this true ending DLC quickly because I'm about to finish my Paragon playthrough and move on.

I've leaned towards indoctrination...but overall I'm against it as I think it actually opens MORE plotholes than the current ending.

I did an experiment on the bio forums where I explained some of the ending, and offered to explain other "plotholes" on it. No one was actually interested in defending the entire plotholes argument...or even asking about them.

Which made me realize that what many of them are really after is a happy ending as some have claimed all along.

I'd want an ending where my choices were shown to have some impact on the ending....more than allowing me to choose blue light, red light, or green light.

The Indoc theory is really ridiculous in that they have Shep "waking up" from indoc if he chose the destroy option. He's just as indoctrinated with destroy as any of the others...and so him freeing himself of the shackles of indoc in that ending doesn't make any sense really. He'd have to kill himself or be simply crazy for life.

Plus, it means we got an incomplete game. Not cool with that.

Tweak the ending and have more clarity and more closure (not necessarily happy though) for people. Don't bow to the whims of those pushing this indoc stuff though. The way they've pushed it and the way they aggressively attack anyone who doesn't like the indoc ending (but may not like the endings in general) is sort of turning people off to the entire idea...I know I'm no longer as big a fan of the current Indoc ending. I would like different endings...but the entire Indoc ideas they have floating around now don't really jive with me.

I think there's no contest that a lot of people wanted a happy ending. I also think that in general, it's a lot easier to accept a poorly executed happy ending over a poorly executed unhappy one. Of course, after the analysis Weekes or somebody with an exceptional grasp of story and crpg design posing as him posted, nobody else (including myself) needn't really bother.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

That's sad, if true. Means their project lead is a wacko, heh.

Also puts a kind of kink in the "it's art, you can't criticise it" when crucial "artistic" staff is ignored and marginalised. And is criticising the ending. :p

Having followed Patrick Weekes for a while, I have little trouble accepting that as genuine. IIRC he also made a rather odd tweet yesterday evening which seems to be missing from his feed, but frankly, I'd been up for almost two days straight so I could've been hallucinating. Anyway, I believe he's a stand-up guy (and a skilled game writer), so I hope he doesn't catch any fallout for that, in any case.

Weekes is in trouble for disrupting Bio's status quo right now. At least I assume he is.

This is UNCONFIRMED and I have no source for it.

The official channels go....

Accordingly, he's [had to] deleted his posts in relation to the "leak" and the twitter has also been deleted and Bio has stated that it is a false leak and a false statement. There has also been a rumor put out that his account was hacked.

Guest Slinky

The Indoc theory is really ridiculous in that they have Shep "waking up" from indoc if he chose the destroy option. He's just as indoctrinated with destroy as any of the others...and so him freeing himself of the shackles of indoc in that ending doesn't make any sense really. He'd have to kill himself or be simply crazy for life.

What do you mean by this? As I understand it, shep manages to resist being fully indoctrinated by the destroy "ending" and stays in control of his body/mind, unlike in the other endings.

I don't have a clue how he could get rid of all of the effects of indoctrination later, but I don't think it would be the most far fetched thing it the trilogy if they would allow him to do just that somehow.

In that post he says the dude Casey is very analytical/dryly intellectual. Funny how many plot holes got past such an "analytical" person.

Smells more like they simply rushed the ending.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I don't know what to believe anymore. Though, based on his responses since the ending, I could believe that Hudson has the kind of ego that would see him decide he and Walters alone could write the ending with no "lesser" writers input.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Why does IGN try, given Chobot in all this, heh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It was ridiculous from the start. It's one thing to think a game's ending sucked; iot's another to react to like people have. Plenty of games have had ****ty endings so even tkaing the argument that ME3's ending sucks; the total overreaction meltdown is beyond silly. L0L But, highly entetraining - espicially when there are other things about ME3 that are troublesome. R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Well don't get a heart attack, but I agree and think the entire ME series had gameplay problems that were routinely ignored in favour of superficial things that got blown out of proportion like romances, continuity issues and other matters of "fluff".

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

What do you mean by this? As I understand it, shep manages to resist being fully indoctrinated by the destroy "ending" and stays in control of his body/mind, unlike in the other endings.

I don't have a clue how he could get rid of all of the effects of indoctrination later, but I don't think it would be the most far fetched thing it the trilogy if they would allow him to do just that somehow.

That's nonsense. Why does he get to resist it if he chooses the Destroy option? the only reason people are saying that is because of the bonus portion at the end.

They've made up all sorts of excuses on it, but in reality, it was designed as the worst choice. You get it as the first choice because you are ill prepared and not ready in any fashion to face the Reapers with the lowest EMS options.

Furthermore, it doesn't matter what you decided previously, others have had solid ideas on resisting in that manner and are basically just husks instead of being more like Saren.

Once it controls your mind, you're indoctrinated, hence if you are having this mass illusion for the length of time that this crowd is calling for, you are already indoctrinated. Destroy could easily just you destroying your mind and becoming a husk instead of retaining some higher purpose such as Saren or TIM had with their indoctrinations.