What are you playing now?

I'm going to install and play some Diablo1. Sure it's not as skill-choice oriented as Diablo2 and had terrible walking mechanics, but I feel like killing the Butcher and the *real* Skeleton King. ;) Plus, the game installs in, like, 2 seconds! Heh.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I finished Dead Space 2- another EA game with a deeply annoying ending gameplay wise. I really liked the original DS but DS2 never really grabbed me except when a good old friend turned up. Whoever wrote the story for DS clearly has some trust issues with women, you only meet four throughout the entire series and three of them betray you. Been playing StalkerCOP, which is pretty good even if it feels really weird getting a Vintorez on the first map and having nearly everybody friendly to you, and it hasn't had anywhere which has had the quality of SOC's X labs either.

My remailed copy of ME3 has turned up so I will be playing it, difficult avoiding all the spoilers though I've managed it. Will be interesting to see how Bioware ties all the threads together and what if anything all the C&C add up to.

:lol:

After you finish the game, whatever you think of the ending, you really must go to youtube and watch all the different ways Mordin's quest can play out. Hands down some of the best cut-scenes in gaming.

Yeah, some of ME3 was excellent and almost all of the peripheral stuff was at least inoffensive if not decent or better.

I didn't actually care much about the ending per se, by that stage I was thoroughly disenchanted with the post Cerberus Base gameplay snooze fest.

I'm playing the waiting game. Risen 2 is released on April 27 here in Sweden! Long time since I played a game of this type! I'm stoked!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm playing the waiting game. Risen 2 is released on April 27 here in Sweden! Long time since I played a game of this type! I'm stoked!

I hope it's good, because what I have read from beta impressions, some changes are not for the better. I'll remain optimistic.

Finished Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers. Had to force myself to do it. Didn't care for it, so won't be grabbing 2 or 3 unless they go on sale.

Starting Charles Barkley: Shut Up and Jam Gaiden.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm attempting to replay ME1. It's becoming difficult to carry on.

1-The combat really does suck, especially compared to ME3. And it's not like it's an "old school RPG" combat, either. So it kind of fails at every aspect of combat you find in games over various genres.

2-ME3's ending keeps creeping into my thoughts. I know how things are going to end, and I get this sense of "what's the point, really? Save the Queen, kill the Queen, save the council, kill the council, who cares?".

3-My memory is too good for my own sake. This is why games that offer different ways to play through are more interesting to me than games with one way to play things. I simply remember too vividly what comes next. Combined with #2, playing through is feeling like a chore because I'm remembering everything that's coming next, and also remembering what the endgame is.

I might finish this play through simply to unlock a few of the achievements I never got around to (Turian, Krogan, and Asari squadmate, etc.). But it's going to be tough sledding.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I don't get it, but it's my most anticipated game over the last 12 months. Gonna preorder as soon as Paypal stops being idiots and fix my accounts.

the early reviews for risen 2 look pretty negative, what am I missing?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

My remailed copy of ME3 has turned up so I will be playing it, difficult avoiding all the spoilers though I've managed it. Will be interesting to see how Bioware ties all the threads together and what if anything all the C&C add up to.

:lol:

After you finish the game, whatever you think of the ending, you really must go to youtube and watch all the different ways Mordin's quest can play out. Hands down some of the best cut-scenes in gaming.

And so now I find this on youtube :getlost: ,

Edited by Serrano

When have reviews about something like Piranha Bytes games ever been accurate? Brother None at Gamebanshee says it has its ups and downs but is still a Piranha Bytes game through and through, and that is more than good enough for me. They also deserve some faith since I liked Risen.

Green Man Gaming has it for $40 with a -20% coupon, but you will get a steam key. Otherwise, gamersgate has $50. Both with preorder DLCs, not that I care. Heck, I always forget to download preorder DLCs I do have.

http://www.gamebanshee.com/reviews/107840-risen-2-dark-waters-review.html

BN's review.

Tigs has me interested in Crusader Kings... although I'm not sure I'd be able to get into it as deeply as rome

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I might finish this play through simply to unlock a few of the achievements I never got around to (Turian, Krogan, and Asari squadmate, etc.). But it's going to be tough sledding.

Especially since you won't be able to get more than 2 out of those on any given playthrough :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Diablo1 w/a Sorc can still give me that tense, sweaty palm ARPG feeling early on. Creeping along, trying not to trigger many enemies at once or use potions since you have no cash. Something both Diabo2 and the D3 beta failed to do. Well, D2 did have that one slug boss that originally was like that, but that's it.

Risen was a game I meant to get back to at some point but never did....might get Risen2 just because it's...pirates. Something other than typical fantasy trappings. I remember they make pretty tough games...just slightly too much so for me maybe. But I think I'll try anyway.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Risen was a game I meant to get back to at some point but never did....might get Risen2 just because it's...pirates. Something other than typical fantasy trappings. I remember they make pretty tough games...just slightly too much so for me maybe. But I think I'll try anyway.

Heh, that's the main reason Risen 2 intrigues me, too.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Finished Suikoden I and started Suikoden II, very good time spent :) Enjoyed it immersely!!!

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Well, some googling learned me that if the DLC was there the game started as catwoman instead of batman.

Ironical, I didn't want to start the game out of fear of missing out stuff, and if I did start the game I would know it was in. No Steam, GfwL code... so... yeah. Not complaining.

Played a bit (around 15 min only, yeah, so little time) and I am sure glad I played Asylum before, since you get thrown down pretty dead. 2 battles I had so far where generally considered big in AA, and this is just the start. Not much explenation about using tools (I have some already possibly) or flying about the ledges. Can't say I like the glowing ?'s everywhere (got 2, haven't figured out how to break open other cages I found). It's maybe overdoing it a bit...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Batman AC was pretty good, but imo, not nearly as good as AA. it lost a lot of the focus of AA and instead put the emphasis on "look how cool it is to fly around the whole city!".

it was like the difference between metal gear solid and assassins creed, both involve sneaking and beating up stuff. but one of them has much more compelling level design.

so its more of a taste thing, but my tastes lean towards smart level design instead of "big open city with tons of random challenges"

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

So, both Dead Spaces are on super sale on Steam. Shooters aren't my main thing, but these look somewhat interesting. Anyone played them? Good as many write about?

dead space 1 is like a worse resident evil 4 mixed with a worse system shock 2. its not a bad game, but you'd be better off replaying resident evil 4 and system shock 2.

dead space 2 was a worse version of dead space 1.

that said, how can you go wrong for only $5?

Hm. I've never played Resident Evil's either because I'm not that into zombies. Did play System Shock 2.

Dead Space looked more interesting because of the ... outer space stuff. But if that's a very minor part of the gameplay (or even non-existent) and it's just more "zombie" shooting....hm.

i mean, its set in outer space.... is that what you mean? its just an action/horror game, you don't actually, you know, get to go to space in real life or anything