What are you playing now?

Gorth

Will to keep going in JA:BIA is fading, tackling the supply depot right now and the luring of AIs into kill zones is getting tiring. But at least defending my holdings is easier now that I have two teams. Granted the junior team still isn't kitted out right.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The things I do in my random off time.

Didn't Microsoft release the second one as freeware, including the source code 5 or 6 years ago?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The things I do in my random off time.

<video>

Didn't Microsoft release the second one as freeware, including the source code 5 or 6 years ago?

Don't know about the second one, the first one is. That was for a guys "Let's Play" that hes running over on the Something Aweful forums.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Took the day off and started ME3, and I also started a new center fielder in MLB 12 The Show.

So far I like the improvements in The Show. It loads way faster too, which is nice because it has always been way to slow to load games.

Well, in about 11 hours, I'll be playing ME3 (midnight launch). Taking the day off tomorrow due to being pretty damn efficient all week and (mostly) due to my office being renovated for thu-fri. Let's see if I still have the strength for an all-nighter :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Katamary Damacy. Silly game but it grows on you.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Guest Slinky

Been playing The Old Republic still. Subscription running out in two weeks, very likely not going to get more.. the badly written, oversimple and repetitive quests have finally made me question myself "why am I playing this?" Took way more time I would have thought. Was fun for the first couple months though.

Waiting for ME3 to arrive so thats next. Apparently its very much like ME2 so probably going to have fun with that one.

After that I'm going to have to play something that doesn't think the player is braindead though, I feel like TOR has done something awful to my brain :p

I'm starting to hit better in MLB The Show, got my average up around .250 after 100 at bats. I haven't really tried to swing for the fences much yet, I've just been trying to make contact, but I think it might be time. I still find it almost impossible to get walked, these pitchers in AA don't throw hard but they do find the zone way too often.

Might & Magic7.

Inspired by this I installed all the old M&M and had some problems getting them to run until I realized that Bitdefender was somehow blocking them, but turning on Game Mode fixed that.

Been playing quite a bit of MM7 again.. Afternoons turned into evenings turned into nights and all of sudden I had to go to bed so I at least could pretend to have been there before getting up again.. It's still good, but compared to MM6 it's really crippled and pointless in a way and there are some changes that really makes some spells completely useless. I used to love to Enchant Items and all that, but it's really useless now, because the strenght of enchantments has been hacked down to mediocre. And I really hate all those silly requirements that limits your mastery.. If you can buy a skill you should be able to max it out, having a half-baked version that's just silly, especially when you realize after expert or master that you can't get it to the next rank.. What a waste. Somehow it just feels like some spells would have been much more useful earlier in the game and pretty much useless when you finally do.. And the tracking of teachers and promotions.. and too much, but still I endure. Wow me.

Rant: It's probably something about balancing, but it feels very old school having rigid inane requirements and limits like that.. Like some old, hard and unforgiving mud I used to play.. If you died you, you came back empty in the town square and then you had to get your corpse back in whatever hostile zone you were killed and on top of that you were cripled for 24 minutes.. If you died geting your corpse back, which was easy because you are naked and the monster you tried to kill still remembers you, you would get another 24 minutes on top of that.. That's really player-hostile.. Amazing I put up with it, it must have been some mental flaw that evil geniuses exploit. They make an addictive game and then they add PAIN because they are twisted and perverted inviduals who gave up pulling legs off of spiders.. Go back to spiders, please! Rant:End.

(Signatures: disabled) 

GrimGrimoire, a 2D strategy for the PS2. Excellent game. Some of the prettiest 2D graphics ever made with beautifully animated sprites and environments.

You play this schoolgirl in a magical academy in the course of 5 days during which the big bad is released and kills everyone including her. Then she's transported back to the first day to replay those 5 days in ever increasing levels of difficulty. There are 4 schools of magic whose units follow the standard rock paper scissors format. You summon them, upgrade them and spam them at the AI, utilising the specific abilities of each unit. The controls are well adapted to the purpose, the audio is great and even the story is interesting.

Dragon vs Chimera

1758_4.jpg

Fairies vs Imp

05.jpg

the ps2 had such a crazy large catalogue of games, i can't imagine how many hidden gems there are. I still shake my head when i think about the ps3 not being backwards compatible.... i don't want 4 systems hooked up to my tv....

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Further torturing myself in FIFA 12. So much AI cheating it's funny. :)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Boo praises an anime art styled game for it's graphics.

Oner just sits there, scratching his head.

I may hate anime in general, but I'll take my hat off to a job well done any day of the week.

GrimGrimoire looks like 50 artists were ritually sacrificed in its creation. And I'll always love good 2D art over anything 3D.

One of the great tragedies of gaming is that 2D graphics were dropped just as they were starting to look phenomenal in higher resolutions, in favour of the hideous, blocky early 3D games.

the ps2 had such a crazy large catalogue of games, i can't imagine how many hidden gems there are.

It really is obscene, how good even the late stuff was when PS3 and X360 were already in full swing. PS3 was sucking dirt with its early releases while the PS2 games were still dripping quality.

I was recently surprised by how much good stuff I had missed, having dropped the console back in 2008-2009.

Even some of the bad games were very innovative by today's standards.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

GrimGrimoire, a 2D strategy for the PS2. Excellent game. Some of the prettiest 2D graphics ever made with beautifully animated sprites and environments.

You play this schoolgirl in a magical academy in the course of 5 days during which the big bad is released and kills everyone including her. Then she's transported back to the first day to replay those 5 days in ever increasing levels of difficulty. There are 4 schools of magic whose units follow the standard rock paper scissors format. You summon them, upgrade them and spam them at the AI, utilising the specific abilities of each unit. The controls are well adapted to the purpose, the audio is great and even the story is interesting.

Dragon vs Chimera

1758_4.jpg

Fairies vs Imp

05.jpg

You might want to check out their other games. These guys do amazing looking 2D games

I was going to try Odin Sphere next, I don't have any of the other platforms.

Their 2D work is really head and shoulders above the competition.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

Boo, did you try out Rayman: Origin? There's a demo on Steam, and it's probably the most beautiful and amazing 2D platformer I've ever seen. That is true art once you see it in motion.

With all this Ubisoft bashing going on, I must applaud them though to fund some of these unconventional games here and there. Plus PC exclusive Anno 2070.

Edited by Morgoth

Not to mention Beyond good & evil 2. If they do finish it at one time (they're probably waiting for next gen consoles), they'll be back to my list of favourite developers.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Boo, did you try out Rayman: Origin? There's a demo on Steam, and it's probably the most beautiful and amazing 2D platformer I've ever seen. That is true art once you see it in motion.

With all this Ubisoft bashing going on, I must applaud them though to fund some of these unconventional games here and there. Plus PC exclusive Anno 2070.

Nope, I wasn't even aware of it. After looking at the trailer I'm definitely interested, something nice to look forward to in the next few weeks. Thanks

So my ME3 finally arrived, I get to do my snoopy happy dance and see how it actually turns out when I get into it...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Bought Deus Ex: Human Revolution and 3 DLC's for the staggering total sum of $15 at Gamersgate. Not going to get playing it anytime soon, but the offer was just too good to pass up on. I got a huge backlog of games waiting to get played some day :sweat:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Was really disapointed by the ME3 demo so I bought Binary Domain instead. I'm no big fan of shooters but ripping apart robots one piece after another is awesome. And the bosses are suberb. I hope a sequel gets made, even if it's unlikely because of poor sales :(

Also started FXIII, expected total crap but it's not that bad really. Enjoyable when played in small doses.

I tried out Odin's Sphere although I still have GrimGrimoire to finish and all I can say is: wow!

The graphics are phenomenal and even the animation isn't bad.

odin_sphere.jpg