What are you playing now?

Gorth

Oh.

Why would you do such a thing? :biggrin:

I thought I'd transfered over all my game info when I got a new computer, but apparently missed my ME and ME 2 save files. Thus, I'm plaything through them again so I have an import file.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

The same happened to me... although I can't bring myself to go through both ME games again.

Judging by ME2 it won't make much of a difference either.

Besides, my Shepard was convict level hideous. I did it for the lulz but somehow it got annoying seeing the combination of his ugly mug and impotent voice for 25 hours.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Hey guys, remember that time when ME was going to be a game when the choices from the first game would have consequences on the third one?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

The actual impact of importing a ME2 savegame will be minuscule at best, anyways. Don't sweat it.

From what I've heard, if you don't import a saved game, the default is almost all Renegade decisions but I played Paragon. Also, for FemShep, Kaiden lives, and I don't like him.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

More JA finally cleared that mine with the help of the SKS, sucks being dirt poor though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It's like I played a different game. I loved how my choices in ME1 were reflected in ME2. It felt like it made a huge impact on the narrative flow.

But maybe were are just getting back to the unrealistic expectations discussion we had in the other thread.

Or, you know, some of us would've liked more than a 2 minutes to write e-mail, or a crazy woman in the middle of Omega telling us how wonderful and happy she is after we "convinced" (=threatened, but whatever) her to be good.

Unrealistic, I know.

Impact wasn't that huge, for me and my ME1 play through. Granted I should have done a proper test and make a save with the exact opposite choices - if Wrex is there are things easier ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

If you kept Wrex alive, things are more more "friendly" when you go to Tuchanka in ME2.

Wrex has a whole plan about trying to organize the clans, and has kind of become a "kublai khan" type figure in his methods. Not quite as brutal as Genghis, and much more focused on trying to keep a certain civilized element of cooperation going.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The dragons in Skyrim are so incredibly easy to kill, at least to the point I'm at now (Level 18). I take like practically no damage even when they breath fire on me, and it doesn't take many whacks with my axe to kill it. Meanwhile, I got my ass handed to me by some giant bug underneath one of the towers I randomly explored.

I would have thought a game based around the dragon returning theme would make them the toughest foes, not some random beast that's a third of the size of a dragon.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Or, you know, some of us would've liked more than a 2 minutes to write e-mail, or a crazy woman in the middle of Omega telling us how wonderful and happy she is after we "convinced" (=threatened, but whatever) her to be good.

Unrealistic, I know.

There was the whole Wrex being alive thing, and my running into Ashley instead of Kaiden. Plus I had Ashley's picture sitting on my desk on the ship. The emails were a nice touch, but they were far from the only impact from the first game.

Doesn't Skyrim create the level for what you are currently at, and that's what the level stays at from thereon. So if you discover an area with a dragon at level 5, the dragon is made as a big major threat against a level 5 character..

On the otherhand, where you could whip that dragon at level 18, a newly discovered random area will create it's monsters for your level 18 character...

At least that's how I heard they did it with Skyrim...I could be completely off.

On the other note, just about to plug into the nets and see if ME3 demo available or not yet...and if not, get ready for when it is.

Deus Ex.

The original.

For the first time. :D

Damn you, now I must replay it.

The actual impact of importing a ME2 savegame will be minuscule at best, anyways. Don't sweat it.

From what I've heard, if you don't import a saved game, the default is almost all Renegade decisions but I played Paragon. Also, for FemShep, Kaiden lives, and I don't like him.

That's what Mass Effect Saves is for.

Deus Ex.

The original.

For the first time. :D

Damn you, now I must replay it.

huw3R.jpg

Edited by Deraldin
  • Like 1

Sigh..it's the rule. Now we all have to replay it, I wonder if there are any mods that would change the experience.

Actually I've been wanting to try out this one http://www.moddb.com/mods/deus-ex-unreal-revolution So I guess that I might as well

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

That's what Mass Effect Saves is for.

Those aren't MY Shepard!

I'm enjoying ME 2.

Doesn't Skyrim create the level for what you are currently at, and that's what the level stays at from thereon. So if you discover an area with a dragon at level 5, the dragon is made as a big major threat against a level 5 character..

On the otherhand, where you could whip that dragon at level 18, a newly discovered random area will create it's monsters for your level 18 character...

At least that's how I heard they did it with Skyrim...I could be completely off.

That very well may be the case, however, I came across a new area which just so happened to have a dragon (and some weird mage-type dude as well), and both were about as easy as the previous dragons to defeat.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Unrealistic, I know.

There was the whole Wrex being alive thing, and my running into Ashley instead of Kaiden. Plus I had Ashley's picture sitting on my desk on the ship. The emails were a nice touch, but they were far from the only impact from the first game.

True. I admit I forgot about those.

I was initially impressed as well, until I discovered Ashley and Kaiden have exactly the same dialogue during that scene. I bet it's the same with Wrex and whatever Krogan is put in his place if he's dead.

The worst is that Shepard is forced to act like a complete wuss on Horizon and just take it when Ashley/Kaiden are griping, with not even a chance for a Renegade interrupt. If BioWare had guts, there would've been an option to kill those idiots right then and there.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.