The funny things thread

Gorth

Heh, that reminds me.. one of my friends is getting married. The bride is Mexican, so the plan is for the English side to head out there for the actual wedding.

In discussing whether to hold the bachelor party in the UK, or in Mexico, the groom was saying he wasn't sure strippers is the best route and that maybe we should just go for a hunting cabin, beer and such like. The bride overhears and isn't that happy with the idea of killing small animals. Groom asks her if she'd prefer he spent the night with strippers around and she was kind of "eh" on it. So he stopped, had that whole "lightbulb over head" expression and went with "Okay, let's combine the two. We can go to Las Vegas and kill a Hooker!"

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Isn't that why some of those guys have been asked politely (but firmly) to move out of Okinawa?

It probably bothers me less that they have sex while abroad than they may have used their "status" to get it (not to mention that it is an incredibly stupid PR move). Might also be worth considering the security risk, as not all the women may be who they pretend to be. I know where I would go recruiting if I wanted somebody to plant a bug (no, not the klamydia kind) on the SS guys.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

phd043012s.gif

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I love the little "stick men" drawings :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Isn't that why some of those guys have been asked politely (but firmly) to move out of Okinawa?

I think thats more due to a series of crimes committed over the years.

It probably bothers me less that they have sex while abroad than they may have used their "status" to get it (not to mention that it is an incredibly stupid PR move). Might also be worth considering the security risk, as not all the women may be who they pretend to be. I know where I would go recruiting if I wanted somebody to plant a bug (no, not the klamydia kind) on the SS guys.

Ill agree that maybe those particular individuals should be a little more careful but thats not the vibe I get regarding the mock outrage. They are trying to pretend its something new that hasnt gone on across all branches of the military since WW II. Well, I cant speak for "all" branches but as far as the Navy was concerned there were hookers lined up four deep waiting for our liberty boats to make land.

Not everyone gets to know about these things, mate. If they did we wouldn't have hipsters.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Ill agree that maybe those particular individuals should be a little more careful but thats not the vibe I get regarding the mock outrage. They are trying to pretend its something new that hasnt gone on across all branches of the military since WW II. Well, I cant speak for "all" branches but as far as the Navy was concerned there were hookers lined up four deep waiting for our liberty boats to make land.

Did they exclaim "Hello Sailor!"?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

And STIs.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

'STI'?

In my day we had STDs.

I mean generically.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Eh, it was a different era. A few weeks at sea, bank accounts swollen with nothing to spend it on, 25:1 exchange rates, 5000 drunks streaming off an aircraft carrier like a zerg swarm...stuff is going to happen. They once asked us to leave St. Thomas (Virgin Islands), lol.

If you guys ever watch Flight of the Intruder it has an amazingly realistic portrayal of what it was like to party in the Philippines.

Eh, it was a different era. A few weeks at sea, bank accounts swollen with nothing to spend it on, 25:1 exchange rates, 5000 drunks streaming off an aircraft carrier like a zerg swarm...stuff is going to happen. They once asked us to leave St. Thomas (Virgin Islands), lol.

They were afraid they were going to have to change the name of the islands?

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

They were afraid they were going to have to change the name of the islands?

Lol, trust me, if that were possible it would have been done by a sailor. The reason was a few bars got trashed.

I'm glad I'm not part of the Internet.

• Like 1