What are you playing now?

New monitor for Christmas. Now I play in 1920x1080 instead of 1680x1050. The future is so bright, I've got to wear shades.

I played another game of Civilization and got the 'Empire of the East,' 'Neighborhood Bully,' 'I Can Has Nukes?' and 'Island Hopping' achievements. Only 39 vanilla game achievements left, and then maybe I'll download the DLC and work on the 76 achievements that are listed for Civ V even though they're only available through DLC.

Edit: Steam sale. Gotta catch em all!

Also, why can't I stay logged on anymore?

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Recently finished Batman: Arkham Asylum. Felt too short, I wanted to play more of it.. but I have Batman: Arkham City waiting for me. ;)

Still haven't managed to finish it, the core gameplay isn't really captivating enough and the spoon-feeding of new abilities seemed more tedious than an something that would urge me to keep going. :(

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Possibly been over-playing TOR the last 9 days. Even ended up playing some yesterday afternoon... ;)

Hit level 39 with my Sith Inquisitor, landed on Hoth. Picked up my first "Legacy" level, which is kind of funny.

When you wrap up Chapter 1 you get the "Legacy Name" that all characters you have on the server have access to said "Legacy". For all xp you learn, you get a percentage of "legacy xp". So far it doesn't actually do anything to have legacy levels, but you get a nice flashy message in the vein of "this is something we'll be developing and adding in soon, but what you earn now will count to the rewards later" sort of thing.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Recently finished Batman: Arkham Asylum. Felt too short, I wanted to play more of it.. but I have Batman: Arkham City waiting for me. ;)

Still haven't managed to finish it, the core gameplay isn't really captivating enough and the spoon-feeding of new abilities seemed more tedious than an something that would urge me to keep going. :(

I found the core gameplay and the way the gadget are slowly given to you through the game, giving you a "uh, maybe I should go back to that area and check if I can catch that Riddler trophy now" feeling two of the best features of the game. What can I say, sorry you didn't enjoy it.

Playing Star Ocean 4 for second time on Galaxy difficulty now.

Trying to get some ridiculous Battle Trophies... The game is actually same fun as a first time as I played it last X-mas ;)

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I found the core gameplay and the way the gadget are slowly given to you through the game, giving you a "uh, maybe I should go back to that area and check if I can catch that Riddler trophy now" feeling two of the best features of the game. What can I say, sorry you didn't enjoy it.

Yeah, it was one of those things where I almost felt I should've liked it, but didn't. :(

I finally got around to playing, and beating, Resident Evil 5. Overall it was fun, but I couldn't believe how hard (for me) the boss fights were. And I played on amateur! I can't even imagine having any chance whatsoever of beating these bosses on the highest difficulty settings.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

What's your feelings on Metroid, then?

The only metroid I've played was in the 90s, and come to think of it, that was another game where the core gameplay was supposed to be enough for the gamer, and I never got that into it. :(

Or are you suggesting that I should play to the end to find out that bats is a girl? Now that would be a plot twist worthy of finishing the game. ;)

Died in Level 9 out of 10 on Dungeons of Dredmor on what must have been my 20th character or so. Gragh. Have had some memorable deaths so far - one where I killed an entire monster room (100+), then opened upt he inventory and started munching on some food, but while doing that some monster blinked in out of nowhere and started attacking, only I couldn't see because of the inventory screen. There was another one where I stood on my own trap, and of course, one where I was poisoned and frantically tried everything possible, before later reading that a zodiac wand removes debuffs instantly. ;) Currently on level 6 with one and have a good feeling.

I wanted to start on Skyrim, but I had forgotten how additive 'Worms' is :thumbsup:

Behold, Gorth and his henchworms shall fight them in the trenches, in hell, in the scrapyard and send the lowly worms of the opponents fishing!

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

dreading the time when i'll have to do predator missions with Catwoman. ;_;

It's not that difficult - she can still reach the gargoyles and she can crawl on the metallic (net) ceiling. Batman is easier, but catwoman's speed means that you can get out of trouble quickly.

Fortune favors the bald.

Strange thing about Witcher 2. It did technically pretty much everything right, but for some reason...the fun didn't start rolling. Only thing that rolled around a lot was Gerald himself, evading silly overpowerd monsters, compounded with some awkward controls and horrible inventory certainly did not really add to the experience. The prologue was pretty cool though.

Started playing a bit Hunted. So far, it's pretty fun. Nothing extraordinary, but I do enjoy the chickening with the two protagonists.

Enjoying King's Bounty: The Legend.

Are there more games like this?

Well, there's Crossworlds and Armored Princess.

The Heroes of Might & Magic games are relatively similar. Which is not surprising since both franchises spawned from the same company a looooong time ago. They're practically cousins. HoMM tend to have more strategy. With resources, troop production, and an enemy that roams the field same as you do.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Final Fantasy Tactics. Same tactical battles, harder and more complex and orthodox turn-based, no world map.

Disciples 2 and Tactics Ogre are two other brilliant games. Age of Wonders is in the same genre but I haven't really played it.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Interesting suggestions.

Already have:

Crossworlds (KB bundle)

Armored Princess (KB bundle)

FF Tactics (Favorite Japanese SRPG)

Tactics Ogre

Will check out the HoMM games, never paid much attention to them since I thought they were real time. Will investigate Pidesco's suggestions too. I don't know why, but I really like turn based combat.

Interesting suggestions.

Already have:

Crossworlds (KB bundle)

Armored Princess (KB bundle)

FF Tactics (Favorite Japanese SRPG)

Tactics Ogre

Will check out the HoMM games, never paid much attention to them since I thought they were real time. Will investigate Pidesco's suggestions too. I don't know why, but I really like turn based combat.

"Just one more turn"

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

dreading the time when i'll have to do predator missions with Catwoman. ;_;

It's not that difficult - she can still reach the gargoyles and she can crawl on the metallic (net) ceiling. Batman is easier, but catwoman's speed means that you can get out of trouble quickly.

Well i hope i live to see it. Robin's predator missions in Campaigns will drive me insane. They were annoying enough without mutators. :/

1.13 killed off Ja2.