What you did today

Tale

Take the blue pill!

No expert in dream "interpretation" but it sounds awfully familiar, like the burden of leadership and responsibility. You know what is going on and you can't share it. You have to make decisions that affect everybody and you can't delegate it. The allegorical bloodbath that is the inevitable collateral damage. It sucks sometimes :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Agree with Gorth on interpretation, but woudl say that a ship is a pretty solid metaphor for life. Of course, you were in the Navy, so you probably have specific associations with vessels. possibly more of the responsibility thing.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

My wife and I pay $35 a month each for a half million dollar policy. It's a bit pricey, but with the kids we figure it is very important. I'm glad to hear you have a policy that covers the house Tarna, that really is the biggest concern for me, making sure there is a roof over their heads if the worst happens.

I wish I could get 500k for 35 bucks a month. :Cant's jealous icon: Even when I was younger and in better health I had things that made it hard, such as asthma. Now that I'm older and have 'conditions,' it's brutal to try to get more insurance and the premiums are brutal. ...And I don't have any condition I think will actually do me in. Yeah, maybe shave a few years off the total, but it's not like I'm going to keel over tomorrow from any of the ones they know. It actually pisses me off. If it weren't for a couple of insurance policies I picked up long before I got married, my wife wouldn't get anything.

Two things that make it a lot easier on me, though. First of all, it won't really matter if I die. My wife has a small (as in not big enough for folks to think we're wealthy) inheritance. We outright own our condominium and cars. We don't spend all that much money on stuff. Put it all together, and it's not a huge worry. However, if it got to the point where she'd lose everything on heroic measures to keep me alive, I'd pull the plug myself. Toward that end, I signed a DNR when I went to the hospital for the heart tests they did. I don't want to die, and I'm sure as hell not suicidal, but I'm not going to let my wife be poor in order to eek out one miserable month of existence only to die anyhow.

You're a long way away from all that, tarna, as you've had good news coming and hopefully this is all the sort of message board talk that you can laugh about later when you're an old ****er.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I wish I could get 500k for 35 bucks a month.

Having been in the Navy, dont you get the monthly spam from the Navy Federal Credit Union? They've almost broken me down. The latest offering was life insurance from $10,000 to $350,000 with the prices being very reasonable with no medical check required and you cant be denied as long as you didnt receive a other than honorable discharge. I got a good laugh while reading the fine print. Apparently we are broken down into percentages. For example, you lose a hand? That gets you 25% of your policy. An eyeball? Well thats only worth like 10%. ;)

I have decided that I woe it to future generations to have a paid team of anthropologists and linguists come into my office and record my furious expletives while attempting to write a formatted powerpoint presentations.

Favourite so far today: "Gilded swan ****er."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Further insight to my mom's cooking when I was tasting some tuna she had made for sandwiches. Asked me if it needed more pepper, I said nope, I can taste the fish. She took that as stating it needed more pepper as you "shouldn't taste the fish". At least it'll clear the sinuses.

Another neat thing people watching today, coffee shops changing to a "winter" style of cup, usually white. But does make it easier to see how many people are walking around with coffee in their hands here (that and people seem to be doing so aimlessly).

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Really struggling with the short winter days. Never noticed it before. Feels like midnight at about 1700!

-Elwood Blues

I wish I could get 500k for 35 bucks a month.

Having been in the Navy, dont you get the monthly spam from the Navy Federal Credit Union? They've almost broken me down. The latest offering was life insurance from $10,000 to $350,000 with the prices being very reasonable with no medical check required and you cant be denied as long as you didnt receive a other than honorable discharge. I got a good laugh while reading the fine print. Apparently we are broken down into percentages. For example, you lose a hand? That gets you 25% of your policy. An eyeball? Well thats only worth like 10%. :lol:

Total Comedy.

No, I haven't seen anything like that. Now, my wife actually does the mail thing, so she might have seen something and not told me, but I've said I'd like to up my insurance without spending a small fortune to do it. I figure if something had come with my insurance she would see it. Maybe she just doesn't agree that we need more.

Frankly, other than a weird recruitment letter from the Marines I received a long time ago, I haven't gotten much from the navy... except for the GI bill paying a pretty damned good chunk of my schooling.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Fighting constant fatigue.

Wrestling with PC storage solutions & low batteries & other such annoying tech stuff.

Rolling around on the floor with kitties, tossing sticks and crinkly balls and getting wet nose kisses. I didn't miss the cat litter or the cat hair, but I sure did miss the kitty hugs.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Really struggling with the short winter days. Never noticed it before. Feels like midnight at about 1700!

Two hours of daylight, then I had to bugger off to work. Later night last night. I hear this kind of thing can make you depressed. No wonder the Fins kill themselves in such alarming numbers.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Apparently I have 15 million dollars waiting all I have to do is email the people ... whatever should I do?

I see email them and please forward 100$ to my account as a token of appreciation for this awesome advice.

Fortune favors the bald.

Good advice - let me check on that! :)

Apparently I have 15 million dollars waiting all I have to do is email the people ... whatever should I do?

I see email them and please forward 100$ to my account as a token of appreciation for this awesome advice.

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Good advice - let me check on that! :thumbsup:

I say do a reverse trace on that email, find who sent it, steal their identity and clean out their bank account. Now that would be irony!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Good advice - let me check on that! ;)

I say do a reverse trace on that email, find who sent it, steal their identity and clean out their bank account. Now that would be irony!

Before I got tired of it and just send the info to spamcop.net I used to track the real source email addresses and "cross the wires" with my own fake email headers, sending scam mail from scammer A to scammer B and pretend to be interested and vice versa. Let them try to scam each other :thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

lol Funny post of the day, Gorth, you ol' trickster you. As for you, Fio, I'm from the Aberjahamistan embassy and I have millions of dollars tied up at our consolate in Canada. I don't ask you send money, just a six pack of beer and some hotwings and you'll be repayed in kind... in either this life or the next.

Obsidian Plays

Leave it. The banks need that money so they can loan it out to people to buy houses at bubble prices. :thumbsup:

-Elwood Blues

Leave it. The banks need that money so they can loan it out to people to buy houses at bubble prices. :thumbsup:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I'm the only surviving family member of a former North African ruling family. I'm in need of help transferring a significant sum ($fantasillion) out of the country, but I can only do it with your help. Your reward will be a substantial part of the money saved from rebel hands. Please contact me at saif.al-islam@yahoo.co.ly ;)

Drowned my new, precious DAS Keyboard in red wine :thumbsup:

Accidentally pushed the glass, tipping it over spilling the content the only place I really didn't want it to go.

Keyboard went "Glug Glug Glug...", Gorth went "Eeeeek!", PC went "Windows is shutting down, please wait for the following applications (essential work related stuff) to close" and proceeded to shut down. The electrical insulation properties of Sauvignon is vastly overrated.

My parents has always taught me not to cry over spilled wine, but at that moment I did feel a bit peevish.

Of course the keyboard didn't work afterwards, so I've tried to give a nice lukewarm soaking bath in demineralised water to see if I couldn't loosen up the sticky keys (pun unintended). Otherwise I'll have to go shopping again for a new keyboard ;)

Serves you right for drinking Sauvignon. Ghastly stuff.

-Elwood Blues

Serves you right for drinking Sauvignon. Ghastly stuff.

Sure, just take the side of my traitorous keyboard, that one didn't like it either :thumbsup:

No the moral of the story is 'never buy anything nice'. My bike got stolen yesterday. No insurance, it happens with such regularity that I would only have gotten a mere pittance for my claim anyway.

Stop buying expensive new bikes.. They're not better than a used bike for 1/3 of the price. Of course it would be better if people stopped stealing..

Fortune favors the bald.