What you did today

Tale

After taking off yesterday to watch my son, who was sick, I started feeling not good in class today. I made it through my first two classes, called in a sub, and made a beeline for a bathroom. Now I'm home feeling messed up.

Did you ever go to the doctor for feeling 'light headed?'

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

After taking off yesterday to watch my son, who was sick, I started feeling not good in class today. I made it through my first two classes, called in a sub, and made a beeline for a bathroom. Now I'm home feeling messed up.

Did you ever go to the doctor for feeling 'light headed?'

I did. I actually did a blood test earlier this morning before I got sick. It's gotten a lot worse today, but I think that's because I'm getting hit by something else too. Bleh.

I've been bad about going to the doctor myself, which literally almost cost me my life on one occasion. I don't think you should go for any old thing, but persistent stuff for sure. ...And light headed, dizzy, shortness of breath, or chest pains all seem like fair game.

I got home early today and I'm just vegging in front of my computer not doing anything I'd planned on doing. Going to have to start cooking soon, though. One thing, out of booze. I think I have a tiny bit of Seagrams Seven and some sort of box wine called 'crisp white.' :Cant's shuddering icon: Aw well, I'm too lazy to go out for anything. It will have to be a dry night.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I can't quite figure out if I didn't get any sleep last night, or if I was just stuck in that doze in and out of conciousness every half hour state...

Urf. Nearly midday and I'm still trying to feel somewhat awake and lively.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I can't quite figure out if I didn't get any sleep last night, or if I was just stuck in that doze in and out of conciousness every half hour state...

Urf. Nearly midday and I'm still trying to feel somewhat awake and lively.

Same here; a dog tripped the car alarm, my neighbor said goodbye to her boyfriend at 1:00 and when I did finally fell asleep I kept dreaming I had insomnia. Not kidding.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I keep getting locked in the house (yes, locked in) because the front doorknob thingie refuses to turn to unlock. So hubs leaves for work and turns that thing as he goes, then I try to leave later and I can't unlock it. You can still key-open it from the outside, but bah. I leave via the garage door, open the backgate, unlock the front door, walk back through the house and re-lock the gate/garage door. Maybe hubs is trying to make sure I don't run away. Haha.

Time to fix 'em tho. Need new door locks all over anyway.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I was slicing jalepenos on the weekend and cut my thumb down through the nail on the side. The top half of the nail came off today. Stung a bit, too.

Obsidian Plays

Rather quiet night, listening to this -

Soothing I find, heh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Poked at work, had plumbing issues, so had to spend a chunk of time with the cistern and workings of the downstairs toilet. The fun of 30+ year old systems and lead piping...

Hm, was supposed to be geared up to play Saints Row.. but for some reason it hasn't arrived yet. Dang it, they sent it out yesterday and now it's floating somewhere out in the postal system... >_<

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I bought Skyrim last night and it downloaded over the course of the evening. I will probably poke around for a half hour or so tonight when I get the chance.

Obsidian Plays

I bought Skyrim last night and it downloaded over the course of the evening. I will probably poke around for a half hour or so tonight when I get the chance.

Review please ... :skeptical: Watched snow arrive ... my shovel & broom are purring ... weird!

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

I wish we had a little snow here every now and then. I will definitely share my thoughts on Skyrim when I get to play it.

Obsidian Plays

wewt! My game gets "bowl action"

Er.. School

we just beat the number 2 ranked NCAA FB team.

Wow that's awesome Calax. Were you at the game?

Rutgers can still win the Big East if we can manage to take down Cincinnati tomorrow. Many beers will be had prior to that game.

Yzqil.gif

i could see this as a public statue somewhere, animated in soapstone and titanium ligatures.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Yzqil.gif

i could see this as a public statue somewhere, animated in soapstone and titanium ligatures.

if i made a sculpture about the size of a man out of that, do you think it could sell for a few grand.

I'd suggest finding a sculptor then having them seek a commission.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Had to laugh at our choice of Christmas party venue. A sushi place. This is chosen because the office manager's wife is coming, is Japanese, and they love sushi. Everyone else will love it as well. I guess I could hit the steak house beforehand. :( Now for a productive weekend of raking leaves (or shaking the tree to get it to drop its leaves, anyway).

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra