What you did today

Tale

I somehow managed to cut my ear. And I will say the bugger bleeds like you wouldn't believe. For some reason I never counted ears in the same category as head wounds for bleeding effects.

You can put noses on that list too. I once nicked my nostril while shaving my upper lip and the damn thing bled so long I thought I was going to need a transfusion, lol.

The head in general bleeds rather well ... when the chandelier fell on my head as a kid ... it bled, let me tell you!

How in the world did that happen? :p

----------------------------------------------------------

Change of pace from spiders. I wish we had things like deer in our backyard. Sigh. (I leave things like cityscapes and portraits to other photographers.)

Also, butterflies are fast. *clickclickdamnclickclickdamnclickclickdamn*

butterfly-6648-widescreen1.jpg

butterfly-6675-widescreen2.jpg

...I suppose I could make another photo thread but I know as soon as I did, I'd stop having anything to share. :shifty:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

@ LC - There was a football, a great throw and an interception by said chandelier ... of course I was ready to make a very dramatic catch, but gravity had other ideas :)

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Watched the warehouse next to my work burn. Took the fire department a while to get there. Looks like its a total loss, it was pretty gutted.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Having some general irritation to the start of the day.

Got my hand lightly scalded - pouring out some recently boiled water from the kettle, the overenthusiastic puppy bounces around my legs then makes a pounce for the nearby cat thus causing me to jerk and water to splash out across the back of my hand.

Nothing serious, but it leaves that annoying tingling sensation across my hand now for a little bit.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Is it just me, or does it strike anyone else that Raithe's nemesis has taken the form of a small alsatian puppy?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Is it just me, or does it strike anyone else that Raithe's nemesis has taken the form of a small alsatian puppy?

He's not quite so "small" even if he is only around 7 months old...

TheTrio.jpg

What the Twisted Helix is that object on the right?

~

Also: I just found out that NASA are planning on bombarding me from space with chunks of satellite. WTF!? Health and Safety won't let me climb ladders unaided, but it's fine with hurtling chunks of metal at the planet?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

What the Twisted Helix is that object on the right?

Are you talking about the stretching cat, the cabinet he's sprawled on, or some other object? :)

Dog looks evil with the red eye. My dachshund can't compare, although he's a God complex. I do miss my uncle's German Shepherd. Dog used to love to make people scream in terror, would rush and then stop at the last moment. Did that to my younger cousin who wet himself, the dog noticed then wagged his tail and skipped off.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Received message "14/88" in message from 'obyknven', and nothing else. Apparently this is a white supremacist greeting. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourteen_Words

Learn something new every day. :)

-Elwood Blues

He's not quite so "small" even if he is only around 7 months old...

Awwwwwwwwww.

Meanwhile, I made an official offer to buy an apartment. Haven't heard back yet, and the offer's valid until saturday noon, so I might find myself twiddling my thumbs here for a day or two. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Watching the stock market with morbid facination today. I'm so glad I got out all together in 2008. Even commodities are suffering today (which sucks for me because that is what I mostly own now). As soon as Gold hits $2K (or drops below $1600) I'm selling it all. To hell with all this. From now on I'm only buying real estate. I've actually thought about subdividing my place and selling off half of it. Or all of it and move somewhere I don't have to face a court battle with Uncle Sam over 1/8 of it.

Never mind me, I'm just in a rotten mood today. Nothing a steak dinner preceeded by a few highballs of good bourbon won't fix. Or even better a romantic tryst. But, unless something strange happens on the way home from work Raithe's puppy has a better shot at becoming the next PM of Great Britan than I do of getting any tonight. :(

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

My wife has been bugging for a nice family portrait for awhile. She paid $300 for us to have three sittings with a photographer, and that came with a very small package of pictures. I knew she wanted to get one or two big ones with frames, so I said she had a budget of $300 more on those. I told her that was as much as we could manage.

So last night she came home with a bill for $1500! I yelled for a bit and made her call immediately and cancel the order. I will be attending the next session to pick out the pictures ;)

She wants these canvas pictures and special frames, and I guess they are $500 each. Geez.

Things have been pretty ****ty around here lately. We'll find out more info tomorrow, but I'm not optimistic at the moment.

Given your employer I'm not surprised. ;) Hang in there, though.

Worked 12 hours yesterday, scrambling around, reassuring people, scaring others, so on and so forth. Frankly I'm at the stage where I'd accept just about any measures if it would just stop the panic. Even an actual crash seems better than this endless uncertainty. At least an actual crash could be recovered from. This just seems to drag on and on.

-Elwood Blues

Had one miserable headache flare up as the afternoon wore on and evening started yesterday. I ended up giving up and taking some pain pills and crawling into bed and darkness before it got too late once the family were sorted.

Of course, then I seemed to spend the majority of the night still conscious rather then managing to get to sleep.

Still, tis a fresh day and at least I don't have any stabby pains at present circling my skull.

Enjoying that nice cup of tea and considering where I need to focus on for the day..

Wrote a job application. Probably asked for too much objectively, but since I'd be working for Satan, I had to put a little bit extra there. ;)

Extrapolation: Absolutely hate writing job applications, especially in a small country with few lawyers it's an exercise in mind-reading.

Extrapolation: Absolutely hate writing job applications, especially in a small country with few lawyers it's an exercise in mind-reading.

Hm , sounds like good practice for dating a lot of the women I've known.

The trick with women is to not start qualifying yourself but make them do it, instead. Can't do that with job applications.

The trick with women is to not start qualifying yourself but make them do it, instead. Can't do that with job applications.

Not so much the qualifying yourself.. but on reading their minds because they wouldn't actually share things. Or the say yes when they mean no. or Say no when they wanted you to take it as a yes..and get incredibly pissy if you didn't choose the correct response.

I'm convinced that any job application which goes through an HR department of any kind is like playing roulette.

When have you EVER heard of a good HR department? The only reason they exist is to guard against the confused mess that is employment law. I hate them, I hate their reason for being, and if possible I would chase them with tigers and firecrackers and peasants with cymbals.

-Elwood Blues

Things have been pretty ****ty around here lately. We'll find out more info tomorrow, but I'm not optimistic at the moment.

Remember it could always be worse, you could be dead. That helps me get through the work day.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra