Mass Effect 3

I received an email a couple of weeks back stating that the time for ordering the Collector's Edition is coming near an end, but every online site I visit (Best Buy, Future Shop, Amazon, etc.) still list the Collector's Edition as being available to purchase. Is this a case of them ordering a whole bunch and still having some in stock, or ... if you order from an online site, is there a possibility that you won't actually receive the Collector's Edition?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I received an email a couple of weeks back stating that the time for ordering the Collector's Edition is coming near an end, but every online site I visit (Best Buy, Future Shop, Amazon, etc.) still list the Collector's Edition as being available to purchase. Is this a case of them ordering a whole bunch and still having some in stock, or ... if you order from an online site, is there a possibility that you won't actually receive the Collector's Edition?

IIRC people who had ordered the rare(st) DXHR release occasionally had their CE's canceled on the final week before release. I've never heard of this with any of the Bio games, OTOH they've consistently failed with the releases (DAO CE was delayed by several weeks, ME2 had to be reprinted due to errors with the comic... DA2 sig ed had massive fails with the code reimbursement... sigh)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Hmm.. I don't know what to do then. I really don't feel like pre-ordering it, but if I'm in the mood to pick it up on release date and they have copies available, I might go for it. I just simply don't like pre-ordering anything.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Hmm.. I don't know what to do then. I really don't feel like pre-ordering it, but if I'm in the mood to pick it up on release date and they have copies available, I might go for it. I just simply don't like pre-ordering anything.

I don't like working, yet I find myself doing it on a daily basis to be able to buy nice things. :)

And for those who might have missed it..

The Mass Effect 3 Voice Cast Reveal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hfvo5ueKJY8

And I have to admit, I didn't realise Jessica Chobot was having her first in-game experience here..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I want Vega to die horribly and slowly, already.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Vega and the Chobot lookalike really make it hard for me to maintain my skepticism that they're aiming for a particularly odd demographic.

Who am I kidding, I can justify anything.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Really? They've hired Jessica Chobot, the woman with the most god awful accent in christendom as a voice actress! Have the worlds talented and professional thespians suffered a Permian mass extinction while I wasn't looking? Fore God and saint George, shame on you Bioware, the calibre of your voice acting is usually unimpeachable. One has half a mind to tread the boards again in protest and decry such blaggardry to the masses.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Really? They've hired Jessica Chobot, the woman with the most god awful accent in christendom as a voice actress! Have the worlds talented and professional thespians suffered a Permian mass extinction while I wasn't looking? Fore God and saint George, shame on you Bioware, the calibre of your voice acting is usually unimpeachable. One has half a mind to tread the boards again in protest and decry such blaggardry to the masses.

That's a pretty solid rant there, but could somebody explain why I'm expected to know who this woman is?

(Yes, yes, LMGTFY and all, but I prefer to avoid googling the names of women I hear about on the internet while at work.)

That's a pretty solid rant there, but could somebody explain why I'm expected to know who this woman is?

(Yes, yes, LMGTFY and all, but I prefer to avoid googling the names of women I hear about on the internet while at work.)

She was one of the original "girl gamer geeks" who hit it off as a game journalist type, especially the whole "pretty gamer girl geek" area.

I think it was internet-celebrity from a picture of her licking her sony psp control that went viral, and from there she's ended up as an IGN staff writer, journalist, on-camera host type of thing. About oh, 7 years or so ago. Helped kick off the awareness that cute girls do game and are willing to admit it.. ;)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I didn't know who she was, either. She's on some IGN podcast that gets shown on XBox Live.

Some (weasel words, whee) are suggesting she was selected as a token geek culture girl. I'm skeptical on that because, with you and I as evidence, I think she's a bit obscure in that regard.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

My knowledge of Jessica Chobot starts and stops at two things: 1) she's famous (?) for having been photographed licking a PSP suggestively

Maybe it really said "Like This", not "Lick This"?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

OMG! I saw what she looks like in ME3...can anyone look more horrid!!! (edit: anyone look more horrid whilst at least still looking human)

She has to look better in real life, either that or gamers have really low ideals in regards to beauty!

Saw the trailer of voice actors, she looks better in real life, not my type, but better. They totally had some screw ups with how they made her look in the game...they made her look monstrous in comparison. I'd be unhappy if I were her.

Edited by greylord

can anyone look more horrid!!! (edit: anyone look more horrid whilst at least still looking human)

I'm ok with this.. We don't always need supermodels to save the Earth, ugly people can make a difference too you know!

Fortune favors the bald.

I think it was internet-celebrity from a picture of her licking her sony psp control that went viral, and from there she's ended up as an IGN staff writer, journalist, on-camera host type of thing. About oh, 7 years or so ago. Helped kick off the awareness that cute girls do game and are willing to admit it.. ;)

Cute girls game if you pay them to.

Otherwise, no.

PS: Except apparently Asia Carrera. But she's nuts.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

can anyone look more horrid!!! (edit: anyone look more horrid whilst at least still looking human)

I'm ok with this.. We don't always need supermodels to save the Earth, ugly people can make a difference too you know!

That's something we tell them to make them feel better, but no, they really can't make a difference.
  • Like 1

They can take the first hit for the attractive people. Something is definitely off with her face though

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

My knowledge of Jessica Chobot starts and stops at two things: 1) she's famous (?) for having been photographed licking a PSP suggestively 2) she works at IGN. I don't really understand how she ended up doing voice acting.

She's on record as being a massive (no pun intended) ME fangirl. I assume it's an overblown cameo designed to stroke her ego and kiss up to her fanboys.

I picked up the Arrival DLC, I figure it will be a nice little prologue for ME3.

I've got just over a month to do a replay of both ME1 and ME2 so that I'll have personalized characters to import over to ME3, rather than just using the default one they give you.

It kind of sucks because I already DO have some Shepards who I leveled up to max, but that was on my old XBox360 harddrive that I no longer use. The new one doesn't have any ME saves yet.