Random video game news.

Rosbjerg

I seriously don't know what to say.

Edit: Oh wait I got it. Next up the city of Bethesda. Clearly the city needs to be renamed!

Edited by Flouride

Hate the living, love the dead.

I saw no indication of a threat. Granted, I haven't read the letter he was sent, but he didn't describe it as a threat either.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Seems slightly implicit, at least.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Epic President: What's the point of Next-Gen consoles?

Kinda agree, actually.

Pop in your iPhone 8 via Micro-HDMI into your big screen and play Gears of War 4.

Okay, not that it is actually that easy, but still...

There's still the "issue" of funding and creating higher fidelity art assets. Nobody really wants to have a dev team of 500 people working on a Next-Gen title.

Call me humble, but I'm still amazed at how pretty pixels todays consoles can render. Bioshock Infinite, Gears 3, Heavy Rain, they all look gorgeous.

dev team of 500 people

Off-Topic, but: Speaking of insane dev numbers. What game had the biggest dev team ever by the way? I can't really imagine an actual 500 person dev team since that would be kinda unpayable.

dev team of 500 people

Off-Topic, but: Speaking of insane dev numbers. What game had the biggest dev team ever by the way? I can't really imagine an actual 500 person dev team since that would be kinda unpayable.

Assassins Creed 2 had, at peak, 400 people working on it.

And GTA IV I believe had a similar number, maybe even higher.

Edited by Morgoth

dev team of 500 people

Whats included in that number? Because the game has an ENORMUS amount of voice actors for the pedestrians. Judging by ingame-credits the dev team was around 100 people. Then again, Rockstar apparently likes to leave people out. (GTAIV)

Edited by C2B

dev team of 500 people

Whats included in that number? Because the game has an ENORMUS amount of voice actors for the pedestrians. Judging by ingame-credits the dev team was around 100 people. Then again, Rockstar apparently likes to leave people out. (GTAIV)

Nah, pretty sure the Ubisoft Montreal CEO said it was 400 people, including people from other Ubi Studios. Though I'm not sure anymore it was AC2 or Brotherhood.

I don't know how they even think they can win that case in a European court. Unless Swedish court is some sort of a joke. But then again maybe it's just them trying to bully others... It sure has worked fine against Interplay :thumbsup:

Hate the living, love the dead.

Bioware having a dedicated 2d studio has the potential to be either awesome, or the factory of saddest facebook franchise knock-off games in the history of mankind.

Don't choke: I agree.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Bioware having a dedicated 2d studio has the potential to be either awesome, or the factory of saddest facebook franchise knock-off games in the history of mankind.

Hey, DA2 looked like a japanese Manga, might as well turn it into a QTE franchise on iPhones! :)

As for the Bethesda lawsuit... makes you wonder if they do it out of a sense of obligation (a google search by their lawyers came up with hits on keywords in their up coming game title) or they (the lawyers) are just trying to justify their payroll by appearing to be doing something. Their performance against Interplay hasn't exactly earned them much bonus I would guess.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Being sued by Bethie will probably increase their sales by a huge amount; it's great publicity.

ALl they have to do is change the name from scrolls to scrulls and they're good to go and then they can email Bethie a thank you note.

It's still a petty move by Bethie, but it shouldn't hurt the developers at all.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

And, people feared that BIO would be no more after a couiple of eyars udner EA.. yet, EA seems to be giving them a bigger push. Then again, when you spend a billion dollars on soemthing you don'

t just c rap all over it. R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Even the EA suits have enough brains to realize that affiliating Bioware (a successful company and name) with EA (which has a mixed reputation at best), does damage to the former and nothing for the latter.

The only intelligent option is to have them in your pocket but under their own name and doing their own thing.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.