What are you playing now?

Fallout 3 with the DC Interiors mod. This removes the dumbness of boarded up buildings.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

has anyone here tried the mod which lets you explore the fallout 3 gameworld from your new vegas game? (supposedly uses all the new vegas mechanics etc, but lets you travel to DC?)

is it good, does it work?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Finished my first playthrough of DS3.

I loved it apart from the wonky PC controls, but I got used to it as I went on and it posed little problem later in the game.

I liked all the little wordplay jokes (Baron Barrenbarron - I don't know why I laughed so hard at this) and the writing was good all around. The art direction was pretty good without being too flamboyant. I liked the designs of the armors and weapons. They mostly looked fantastic without going into the realm of silly overkill.

As usual Obsidian got me hooked with their lore. I tried playing DS1 and DS2 but was always put off by how drab the world seemed. DS3 got me interested in the world of Ehb and what might be in store in the future.

Combat was fun and flowed nicely. I liked how attacks build up your focus which is then linked to special moves. You're continually attacking so you can pull off your special moves and it created a nice rhythm for me. I preferred it much more over cooldown timers and other similar time based mechanisms.

Just a few minor gripes. Not enough explanation on what all the item modifiers do. I wasn't sure how agility affected defense or attack. What does doom or retribution do? I'm sure it's in the manual somewhere, but some popup windows might have been nice. Didn't affect my overall enjoyment of combat though. I don't mind linear maps as long as the scenery and environments are interesting and fun to look at (they were), but I'd also like some sprawling areas as well.

Kudos Obsidian. I hope you work on DS4 and make a bigger, better game.

Oh and did DS2 just get thrown out? I saw references to DS1 throughout the entire game but not anything of DS2. I never finished DS2, but wasn't there some world-shattering event? Never seemed to get mentioned.

Just a few minor gripes. Not enough explanation on what all the item modifiers do. I wasn't sure how agility affected defense or attack. What does doom or retribution do? I'm sure it's in the manual somewhere, but some popup windows might have been nice.
Esc-> Help Topic.

I'm gonna try Heavenly Sword. I once tried it years ago but gave up because of sucky (non-existant) gameplay. But after playing the underrated Enslaved I'm gonna give Ninja Theory another chance.

After that I'm finishing Dungeon Siege 3. Then I will finally start Witcher 2. Then Red Dead Redemption.

Also downloading Crysis 2 SDK and fiddling around with the editor.

I'm currently playing Hunted: The Demon's Forge.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Divine Divinity is totally awesome. Bought Alpha Centauri but that, and my 4th DS3 run, will have to wait.

Completely lost in all the options and quests.

It's an awesome game between the Aleroth dungeons and Yuthul Gor/Black Ring fortress, which are incredibly tedious dungeon crawls. Sewers beneath Rivertown and Elona's dungeon are pretty boring as well.

Game doesn't shine in combat, but in the incredibly detailed world, many colourful NPCs, witty dialogue and quirky humour... basically like the second game.

Also, child killing.

7o4rj.jpg

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Just a few minor gripes. Not enough explanation on what all the item modifiers do. I wasn't sure how agility affected defense or attack. What does doom or retribution do? I'm sure it's in the manual somewhere, but some popup windows might have been nice.
Esc-> Help Topic.

Ah thank you.

i've been thinking about taking a tour through the big shooters of yesteryear this summer

this was the order i was thinking of doing them in:

Wolfenstien 3-D

Doom

Doom 2

Duke Nukem 3-D

Dark Forces

Quake

Quake 2

Heretic

Hexen

Dark Forces 2

So, should I change this order around at all? am i missing any obvious games that should be in there? I'd love to play the original system shock, but am still waiting for that to release on gog or steam

also, if I were to throw crusader: no remorse in there, where should i put it?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Guest Slinky
i've been thinking about taking a tour through the big shooters of yesteryear this summer

I recommend using Doomsday Engine for Dooms/Heretic/Hexen, it's my favorite win port for them.

If Ultimate Doom and Doom 2 get better sale than the current -33% at steam, gonna buy them and play the hell out of them with Doomsday!

i bought the id pack, $30 for a TON of games i haven't played since i was a kid, worth it just for the convenience to me

Last two games were Alice: The Madness Returns and Dungeon Siege III.

Alice has a level where you symbolically rape your dead sister. Then there's a level where you're inside the mind of a child molester. It's not Silent Hill 2 level creepy but it's still pretty creepy when you think about it.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Steam sale and last week's Uber update are interfering with my ability to finish Dungeon Siege 3. In fact, that's possibly going to continue through the weekend.

The backlog is only getting worse. So much worse. Never did finish Dead Space 2 after the freezing. LA Noire only just started vice. Oh I need to play the first Alice that came when I bought Alice 2 before I even start Alice 2. Yeah, guess how that is going.

But hey, I finished FEAR 3.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

this was the order i was thinking of doing them in:

Wolfenstien 3-D

Doom

Doom 2

Duke Nukem 3-D

Dark Forces

Quake

Quake 2

Heretic

Hexen

Dark Forces 2

So, should I change this order around at all? am i missing any obvious games that should be in there? I'd love to play the original system shock, but am still waiting for that to release on gog or steam

also, if I were to throw crusader: no remorse in there, where should i put it?

That looks like the ID pack currently on sale on Steam... and Dark Forces.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

yes it does. you may have a cookie.

(you forgot it has duke nukem on it too)

were you going to offer suggestions or just insight :lol:

Picked up Solar 2 on steam with the sales..and.. it is strangely enthralling in a way I can't quite understand... :lol:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

ok i am adding blood and rise of the triad to my old skool shooter list, but i cant find shadow warrior on steam or gog... any suggestions?