Good Game, Bad Dungeon Siege

If you like linear story driven console RPG's with limited multiplayer...sure.

I do, and it's always better than an interactive screen saver. :o

Sorry, I'm trolling. :ermm:

Edited by Oner

Well, the game still isn't as good as any of the predecessors:

Camera is too close: when you spot an enemy it will be at you in <=3 seconds. Dungeon siege had it twice or wait maybe THRICE as far up. Can't even see what luke is doing

Fluff rape: Anjali's existence, Steampunk Stonebridge, automatons (WHERE ARE MY ****ING GOBBOTS????!?!?!?!?). **** steampunk why does everyone have to go for it?

I agree that the camera needs to be zoomed out a bit more.

DS1 was steampunk though, so I don't see the lore rape here. It's been a hundred years since DS1 and Stonebridge has grown by that time so it's not a stretch to see the city as it is. I would recommend reading the timeline on the DS3 site. It sums up DS1 and what has happened since then. Really good stuff.

I'd agree with you here. In fact, I think it does add depth to the DS universe because I think it places Goblins into a more serious role. After all, the technology that humans have been getting has been because of the Goblins. Hopefully other DS races that were prevalent in DS1 (since the games DOES take place in the same kingdom) will have more of a roll, as well.

As for what games are superior, it really depends on taste, since they are all very different... I'm partial to the first 2 games, though. :ermm:

Camera is too close: when you spot an enemy it will be at you in <=3 seconds. Dungeon siege had it twice or wait maybe THRICE as far up. Can't even see what luke is doing

Fluff rape: Anjali's existence, Steampunk Stonebridge, automatons (WHERE ARE MY ****ING GOBBOTS????!?!?!?!?). **** steampunk why does everyone have to go for it?

DS1 was steampunk though, so I don't see the lore rape here. It's been a hundred years since DS1 and Stonebridge has grown by that time so it's not a stretch to see the city as it is. I would recommend reading the timeline on the DS3 site. It sums up DS1 and what has happened since then. Really good stuff.

I'd agree with you here. In fact, I think it does add depth to the DS universe because I think it places Goblins into a more serious role. After all, the technology that humans have been getting has been because of the Goblins. Hopefully other DS races that were prevalent in DS1 (since the games DOES take place in the same kingdom) will have more of a roll, as well.

As for what games are superior, it really depends on taste, since they are all very different... I'm partial to the first 2 games, though. :o

Perhaps Seck or Droog? The Krug have been exterminated, unfortunately. :ermm:

Edited by MechanicalLemon

As for what games are superior, it really depends on taste, since they are all very different... I'm partial to the first 2 games, though. :o

Perhaps Seck or Droog? The Krug have been exterminated, unfortunately. :ermm:

I'd love to see the Droog. They were one of the more interesting civilizations in the game for me (minus the expansion). Besides, how do we know ALL of the krug have been destroyed? Many of them did live in caves and mines and such.

I'd love to see the Droog. They were one of the more interesting civilizations in the game for me (minus the expansion). Besides, how do we know ALL of the krug have been destroyed? Many of them did live in caves and mines and such.

Yeah, I thought the Droog were great as well. Very non-generic race as far as fantasy goes. I believe it was confirmed that the Krug were extinct in one of the previews. I'll try to find it.

Yeah, I thought the Droog were great as well. Very non-generic race as far as fantasy goes. I believe it was confirmed that the Krug were extinct in one of the previews. I'll try to find it.

They are extinct according to a magical door in the Gunderic Mansion. So I wouldn't say its 100% that they are never to be seen again or couldn't be brought back.

Edited by C2B

They are extinct according to a magical door in the Gunderic Mansion. So I wouldn't say its 100% that they are never to be seen again or couldn't be brought back.

Oh, the Rukkenberry Pie door! I totally forgot about that. Yeah, I guess it's not totally confirmed then. Thanks, C2B.

@ hopfrog - Here's the scene.

I don't know how many people realised you can go deeper into the chapterhouse, look around the library, and also fight the spiders - and you clearly see a (a) inactive causeway and (b) path into another area that is blocked off for now.

fight the spiders

those were nasty :lol:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Oh, the Rukkenberry Pie door! I totally forgot about that. Yeah, I guess it's not totally confirmed then. Thanks, C2B.

Don't forget too that in the first game everyone thought the Seck had been exterminated as well... You and I know how that ended up. =P

Judging from the demo and comments about the full people who are interested in the lore should check out the lorebooks you find in shelves/lying around.

Speaking of lore, I'm starting to wonder about the importance of 'bloodlines' in the game's world. Odo wants to rebuild the Legion out of Legion blood, and according to the lore, the Lescanzi take much care into expanding their 'blood' and lineage, choosing mates from other cultures and people, to the point that Lescanzi blood is probably present everywhere and in almost all families. They're like a mix od the Quarians and Asari!

I don't know how many people realised you can go deeper into the chapterhouse, look around the library, and also fight the spiders - and you clearly see a (a) inactive causeway and (b) path into another area that is blocked off for now.

I noticed that in my second playthrough ...i also found good loot. Break the eggs before they hatch. :lol:

I noticed that in my second playthrough ...i also found good loot. Break the eggs before they hatch. :lol:

I always explore every little corner for loot in games like this, heh. =) I thought the eggs hatched (spawning 2 spiders for each bundle of eggs) when you broke them, though?

Don't forget too that in the first game everyone thought the Seck had been exterminated as well... You and I know how that ended up. =P

That settles it. I hope there's a "Revenge of the Krug" quest in the game. :lol:

That settles it. I hope there's a "Revenge of the Krug" quest in the game. :lol:

Would be interesting to me. The Krug were never really bright enough to lead themselves, so someone would have to be manipulating them for their own ends... But who? =O

I noticed that in my second playthrough ...i also found good loot. Break the eggs before they hatch. :*

I always explore every little corner for loot in games like this, heh. =) I thought the eggs hatched (spawning 2 spiders for each bundle of eggs) when you broke them, though?

That's what I thought too, but I didn't stand around very long to see if they'd hatch on their own, either. I just bashed them in. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

and any good dungeon siege fan knows archons were not naked hot women. they were blue shaded hooded generic ghost-type monsters with glowing green eyes. Oh and their attacks were unavoidable green sparkles

I'd take Obsidian's interpretation over the originals any day. Screw the lore or whatever.