FO: NV (DLCS) Discussion

Wild Wasteland end slide surprise:

http://i.imgur.com/G7n7m.jpg DAMN YOU YOU BLEW IT UP

Anyway, It was nice to see

Van Buren's ending dilemma repurposed, though inevitably softened and made less, well, climactic. Still fun.

Lady Legion-specific dialog!

"...Last I heard, you needed a weapon between your legs to carry one for Caesar."

"Is that why you're not Legion anymore, then?"

"What do you m... Hmph. I see the way of it. Have fight in you at least. Save it for the road ahead."

Edited by Pop

Heh, nice.

Anyway, finished it too now. I'll guess it's the FNV DLC I like the most now, simply because of it's atmosphere and all. The enviroment is pretty cool looking, Ulysses is cool, I am fine with the new armors and weapons and all. Needed ~3 to 4 hours, so it's the shortest of all four DLCs, most likely due to it's linearity and because there are no fluff-quests. Still it's worth the 10 euro, especially if one has bought the other DLCs as well.

I am soooo happy that there is no The Road reference in LR. Got worried when the news about "the Dad" and "the Kid" came up, but even if this is a reference to The Road, it's very, very, very subtle and most people probably would never notice it. At least there are no such NPCs in the gameworld or a quest related to it, etc.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Pah.

I was fighting alongside with him. It was pretty badass, the two couriers together against the horde. Felt better than fighting against Ulysses (which is pretty hard too, at least for my character).

A part of me then whished, that he would follow me back into the main game as a companion.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Yo u may find the time element vastly improves if you dial up to hard difficulty and hardcore mode. Exploration, scouting, planning ambushes... I think I've put in at least twice your count, and I'm not done yet. Plus the underground bits are simply terrifying. Never been so glad to see a simulated sky!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

He makes some fair points, although he comes across as a little whiny. Anyway, the DLC could have used some more open spaces/exploration/side content, but by no means the comparison to Call of Duty is a fair one.. but then again, any times someone doesn't like something it's Call of Duty in this day and age.

I'm somewhat in Lexx's boat.

Dead Money, Honest Hearts received mixed reviews, and I think Lonesome Road will as well. Yet I thoroughly enjoyed them to various extents.

Old World Blues got amazing praise overall and I found it to the worst of the bunch. Oh well. :shifty:

It deserves to be said though, while I have a fair bunch of critique for each one of the DLCs, they are easily the best DLCs I've seen released period. They're experimental, feature strong themes and feel meaty enough (Honest Hearts possible exception). I think they feel a lot more genuine than most DLCs do, most DLCs tend to feel either like A) obvious money grabs that feels a lot worse in quality when compared to the main game or B) just a bit more of the same.

The NV DLCs make far better use of the DLC medium than most games I'd say.

Bethesda also deserves praise in that they've moved away from the Horse Armor DLCs to some pretty meaty experiences. Some of the F3 DLCs also felt pretty genuine though I don't think they had the same overall quality to them.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Once again, I've updated my no-dialog-tags mod. It's up to version 1.5 now, with a few fixes for the main game file and additionally the new file for DLC#4, Lonesome Road. Didn't had to check many NPCs this time around, so it was created pretty fast. :>

I honestly have mixed feelings. I enjoyed it overall, but I would have preferred less linearity, more variety in the gameplay (you.. basically do nothing but shoot :/, which is especially bad for non combat-focused characters) and, more importantly, some side content ('find Ralphie posters' just isn't particularly fun). On the matter of the story, I liked the fact that they manage to integrate a tiny bit of backstory without contradicting the courier's blank slate status, but I'm a little confused on some details, and Ulysses' masterplan felt a little disappointing:

for someone so focused on 'home' and 'nation' you'd expect him to do a little more than drop nukes on supply lines.

It's not a terrible DLC by any means, it's actually fairly good, but it doesn't resonate with me quite as much as Dead Money did and doesn't have the wealth of content Old World Blues had. Still found it worth my money though, and the atmosphere was excellent and reminded of the original title's concept art (I actually feared it would feature a single-color palette, but it was actually more varied than that).

My only complaint is the scripting is too heavy. I got to one area, and once I moved to a particular spot, a guy spawned in and started shooting at me.

The thing is he couldn't see me. He was still shooting me. I was hidden. Then he stopped and went idle. The ambush deathclaw from nowhere. The tunnelers. It's everywhere. Cross a trigger and guys spawn in around you. If you play stealth, the only saving grace is that sometimes they still don't see you. Sometimes.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

My only complaint is the scripting is too heavy. I got to one area, and once I moved to a particular spot, a guy spawned in and started shooting at me.

The thing is he couldn't see me. He was still shooting me. I was hidden. Then he stopped and went idle. The ambush deathclaw from nowhere. The tunnelers. It's everywhere. Cross a trigger and guys spawn in around you. If you play stealth, the only saving grace is that sometimes they still don't see you. Sometimes.

Hide in plain sight Stealth boys FTW.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

So the 4th one is out....has there any word on whether there will be more, and/or more patches? If not, it may be time for me to patch up, get the last couple DLC's and play the game again soon...maybe in Oct.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Item DLC's? I'll have to look them up to see if I'd want those too.

I hope that's it...I wouldn't mind playing it again once in a while, I just became fed up with having to alter/redo all my own and downloaded mods so often. :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Was wondering if the game would let you do that when I approached myself.

What happened exactly (in spoiler tags for those who haven't finished)?

I got attacked by Ulesseys and a gang of marked ones. The first shot just snapped him out of neutral state and appeared to do no damage. Luckily I had planted a small garden of mines and satchel charges around the entrance. So no alternate ending there. Had to send off the nuke as I didn't manage to find EDE

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

You didn't found ED-E? He was like, right around the corner at the beginning. :>

/Edit: Btw. I wish the riot armor would have been without a duster or with a very short duster / making it a jacket. Now it feels very strange to me, because apparently the NCR made up that design, but now some anti-riot boss dudes (from before the war?) had the same setup too. I know, I know, it's pretty abstract in the game, but it still feels meh to me. The bigger armor stuff on the new armor is nice and all, it's just the duster that isn't doing it for me. Besides, who will wear a duster in a job as riot control anyway... seems to be heavily impractical.

Edited by Lexx

Is Mysterious Stranger bugged? Each time he shows up, it takes about 10 seconds for the VATS animation to end after he killed something, meaning if there's more than one enemy around, they close in and kick your ass (lol Deathclaws).

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

*looks at the item packs*

...nah, don't need them. I might be interested in the Gun Runner's one, but mostly for the katana. Not because it makes much sense to have/use one in NV (imo) but because I just like Japanese swords, even in games. It can be a room decoration/screenshot pose item. :shifty: