FO: NV (DLCS) Discussion

Gaah! They should have SMS updates on Steam! I only just bought it. Downloading now.

Uh.. While I was typing this, it finished downloading. 31.3 MB..? That's a lot of money per MB :D

Edit: Oops. It must have downloaded a small patch or something first, because now it is downloading 754 MB.

Edited by mkreku

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

o:)

...so how is it?

From cinematic kind of view... best FNV DLC so far, imo. The landscape looks nice and the generic effects are better than I've expected. A few new armors and weapons with ammo types, etc. Enemies are pretty tough, imo.

But it's very linear. Okay, not a big surprise if the DLC title already hints towards "road." As far as I can see, there are no real side quests. You are moving from one area to the next, to the next, etc. and explore the surrounding while this. After every step you have finished, there is a short break where you talk with your companion npc. It is also very much a shooter-DLC, more than in the other DLCs. At least it feels like that. Lots of explosions and stuff to kill with explosions and explosions in the sky, etc.

I am approx halfway through it, I'll guess. Will continue tomorrow and then probably finish it. Have to say, if I'll ignore the non-existing quests and stuff in LR, it is probably my most liked FNV DLC already.

/Edit: Ah yes. LR also doesn't start with a intro slideshow. Due to this, it feels very connected to the Mojave area. You go to the car barricades in the main game, and start the DLC right behind them (switching to the DLC territory). This way, it really feels like you are walking the road to your target and don't get teleported first, to start your roaming after, etc. This fits.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

It recommends that you are level 25+. I went in at 23. It's very doable so far but you can most definitely die (rather quickly) if you screw up.

I'm not finished but so far...

Pros:

-Tone is a bit darker, reminiscant of Dead Money in that regard. While I found OWB funny, I thought it was a bit overbearing. This is closer to my tastes.

-Ulysses is interesting, the conversations with him and logs you find are very nice.

-The whole thing has a really nice "hell on earth" feel to it, the visuals work well.

-Various ties to the vanilla game (and even Fallout 3 *gasp*). Also ties to Honest Hearts which is nice since that DLC kinda felt like the odd man out in terms of the stories in the DLC.

-New weaponry is fun.

Cons:

- The linearity works well this first playthrough (and to be fair, some areas are more open than others) but might hurt replayability.

- Like all the DLCs, it's very shooty-shooty overall compared to the main game, the encounters are fairly close together. I think this is pretty annoying in the long run and shows off that, while NV improved combat a whole lot overall, it's still not exactly tight.

- Very "hey guys, look at the explossions!!!" One of the main gimmicks of it is related to this feels very... "gamey"

Edited by Starwars

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

My character is level 45, so it's a breeze.

38 here, but I am glad I brought my AMR.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I am level 41 and I've died a few times and had to reload a few more times. Especially deathclaws are very dangerous now-- they kill me with one hit. Also that new tunnel critter stuff is very dangerous for me, even in smaller groups.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Level 40 and almost done. Benny's 9 mil is making short work of the tunnelers. I need the marksman's carbine for the deathclaws and marked men. My munchkin build in which I took every perk and trait related to reload time, rate of fire, and action points means that I can get in 20-30 shots in VATS with guns with very low AP costs when they close in. Only the criticals do much damage, but there are usually enough of them to take down anything, excepting groups of deathclaws.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I'm using some silenced sniper rifle (with a girls name) I picked up in one of the other DLC's and I am one-shotting the new and improved Deathclaws. I was level 34 when I entered the road, but seeing as every little container is locked, I think I've reached level 37 just from opening ****.

Besides that, I have to say I am impressed. I thought I was 'out-Fallouted', but the new DLC feels fresh enough for me to keep interest in it. Very atmospheric and I've been having fun for the first four hours or so.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!