FO: NV (DLCS) Discussion

Done with Honest Hearts. Its a step up from Dead Money. Lots of exploring and I found all of the hideouts of the survivalist. Could've done without the religious nonsense and the primates that tag along with me were annoying. They didn't know when to shut up.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Done with Honest Hearts. Its a step up from Dead Money. Lots of exploring and I found all of the hideouts of the survivalist. Could've done without the religious nonsense and the primates that tag along with me were annoying. They didn't know when to shut up.

That's why I shot them. Right after

Daniel told me I wasn't getting the map until I did more stuff for them. Bad luck for him I was playing a mean merc character. Goddamn tribals never learn.<sneering imperialist>

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I was tempted to shoot them but I didn't want to break the game or ruin it since it was my first time playing. Next time I may not be so nice.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

I was tempted to shoot them but I didn't want to break the game or ruin it since it was my first time playing. Next time I may not be so nice.

I know what you mean, my first play through I let it go and just grit my teeth.

Very nice to have the option, though. Even if I could have used a few more opportunities to explain that they were being stupid.

"Hey, Mister! Yeah, Mister! We reckon you could annihilate the tribe of our enemies. They stronger than us, and more than us. You better do it, else'n we'll kill you."

"You do realise that if I can kill of them, I could kill all of you even easier, by your own admission?"

"Du-huh."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

You can just (accidentally or not) shoot Eats-Chalk in the beginning of the DLC, go west through the gorge and kill all White Leg freaks. End of the DLC in five minutes.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

You can just (accidentally or not) shoot Eats-Chalk in the beginning of the DLC, go west through the gorge and kill all White Leg freaks. End of the DLC in five minutes.

I very nearly did my first time. But luckily for him my aim is lousy.

-Elwood Blues

The area in Honest Hearts is that suppose to be Monument Valley?

I like the rain, nice touch.

It's set in Zion National Park.

having been to zion, we applaud the efforts to replicate. other than the lack o' trees (there is some surprisingly dense forested areas in the park,) the obsinaties did an excellent job o' replicating zion in a playable game environment. we never expected an exact copy, but zion were quite familiar to us. 'course it is kinda sad that the best part o' honest hearts were the digital landscape.

still haven't worked up the desire to actual play lonesome road. owb were quirky and fun, but fo:nv has been kinda a tough slog for Gromnir. the main thing working in favor o' fo:nv playability has been the fact that it has been the only game intown, so-to-speak, for quite some time. fo:nv is understandably story-lite given the sandbox nature of the game, but the gameplay became very repetitive very quickly for us. didn't play much different at level 8 as level 18... or level 28 for that matter. cazadores were probable the only critter that made us needs change tactics. no easy 150 meter iron sights head-shots followed by 2 meter vats kills for anything that managed to somehow gets close. am understanding that lonesome road utilizes cheese spawn tactics to increase the challenge factor, yes? *groan*

dunno. were little in fo:nv that were surprising... other than arcade's seeming outta the blue ejaculation that he were ghey. not a bad surprise, just a, "well that came out of nowhere" surprise. phallic digit references in owb were also surprising, but in an unfunny and crude manner. too few good surprises in fo:nv-- religious ghouls in rockets being a notable exception.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Finished Lonesome Road. It was good like I thought it would be. I made sure Legion burned in the fires of the apocalypse.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

Still leveled up too fast. I've done all of the DLCs and part of the FNV quests and I still have a lot of FNV quests to finish. Now I'm maxed out at level 50.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

Yeah I'm on the PC. I'll probably have to go over to the Nexus site and see about those level tweaks for my next game. This game I think I'll just skip everything else that I have to do and go onto the main quest.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

Anyone played with the Skilled -trait? Does it slow down levelling so you won't reach 50 halfway through?

It's only 10% right? Don't think it would feel like a huge change.

If one is doing all the DLCs and most of the vanilla content, I'd recommend, I dunno... maybe a 30% or 40% increase for XP needed for next level. One of the leveling mods also has optional plugins that reduce XP gained from enemy kills plus hacking/lockpicking (not sure if regular skill checks are also reduced).

I use that and the 30% increase for XP per level. I use a level 30 cap though but also tend to not do every DLC and all the vanilla content in one playthrough. I like the feeling of the progression with these settings.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I've played with it. The gain is bigger than the penality it gives on xp. When I've finished the game (with playing Honest Hearts and Lonesome Road), I was at level 40 and haven't done all quests in the main game. You can feel the slower leveling up in the beginning (if you played the game already a few times and know when you get a level up...), but it didn't had a big effect on me personally. The 5% skill bonus is worth the tiny little bit slower leveling up, imo.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I would love to play some of those DLC's but still waiting for the inevitable bundle. How long did it take for FO3 before the bundled stuff was available for sale?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

In case anyone missed it, Chris Avellone wrote about the package from Lonesome Road, which made the Divide to what it looks like now. Of course, spoiler alert and stuff.

You have to like a man who says "Yeah, this post-apocalyptic wasteland is OK, but can I make it MORE apocalyptic?"

-Elwood Blues

new frame

!!!

That was the one part I didn't quite catch before.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

If one is doing all the DLCs and most of the vanilla content, I'd recommend, I dunno... maybe a 30% or 40% increase for XP needed for next level. One of the leveling mods also has optional plugins that reduce XP gained from enemy kills plus hacking/lockpicking (not sure if regular skill checks are also reduced).

I use that and the 30% increase for XP per level. I use a level 30 cap though but also tend to not do every DLC and all the vanilla content in one playthrough. I like the feeling of the progression with these settings.

If you have/use the GECK yourself at all, you can do all that yourself in about 5 minutes. :shifty:

But yeah, lowered XP gain mods are a must imo.

Question: has anyone bought the Gun Runner's Arsenal yet? I noticed on the Steam description it mentions 40 extra weapon mods, which I don't remember from the lists someone posted earlier, and was wondering if those might make it worth the $4...or if they suck.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Question: has anyone bought the Gun Runner's Arsenal yet? I noticed on the Steam description it mentions 40 extra weapon mods, which I don't remember from the lists someone posted earlier, and was wondering if those might make it worth the $4...or if they suck.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Gun_Runners%27_Arsenal

It's nice enough. Adds more variety, mostly. Some of the stuff is really powerful, some really weak...

Thanks for that...baseball bat mods, haha! I love it. I may have to get it then.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I like that it adds some variety, plus a money-sink (much needed). It's not really a huge game changer or anything and the arsenal isn't really overpowered compared to everythingelse, it fits in well with the current line of weapons. It's fun to play around with and I think it was worth it at a cheap price like that, especially if you replay the game much (like I do).

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

More variety re: weapon mods/stuff to play with appeals to me. And since most of the weapon mods that people make haven't appealedo....yeah, think I'll buy it. :)

Looking at the credits was Dead Money misspelled Dead Monkey on purpose?

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG